It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Police officers to be microchipped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

London Police officers to be microchipped

www.dailymail.co.uk

Every single Metropolitan police officer will be \'microchipped\' so top brass can monitor their movements on a Big Brother style tracking scheme, it can be revealed today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
...and they said it would never happen....they are wrong...time to start waking people up about this...

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
hello

I am sure there is already a thread going about this... and plenty of replies too.

unless i am psychic and read it in a vision prior to seeing it on here LOL

cheers

here it is:

existing thread

[edit on 12-4-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Seems like a great way to get a "foot in the door" as far as microchipping an entire country. Start with a small group of people who essentially have no choice in the matter (aside from quitting), and soon the idea of microchipped people will be slightly more acceptable. SWEET! Who's next? Might as well be the firefighters and emergency responders. Gotta keep tabs on those people you know....

Once several segments of the workforce have been targeted it will naturally trickle down to the remainder of the population. I'm reminded of how drug testing in the workforce began (just for example). Most people were not exactly thrilled about the idea of being forced to piss in a cup on demand, but since it only affected people such as pilots and truckers there was not too much resistance then slowly but surely the policy worked it's way throughout the workforce.

Mark my words, the police are just the beginning. I predict within a few short years that the entire population of England will be sporting new chips. I also tend to believe that whatever big brother trends we see being tested there, will be commonplace in America (and elsewhere) soon after. I'm willing to be wrong about that but I have always looked to England as an indicator of what to expect coming down the pipe from my own "big brother" over here....

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
So, is this the "mark of the beast" spoken of in the bible? I think it could be.

My, my, my. This world gets scarier every day. No wionder I keep getting feelings of impending doom and the need to stockpile supplies and food.

I work for local govt. I think I'd quit first.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I suppose those getting their knickers in a twist imagine these "microchips" (I hate that term as it is soooo outdated...) to actually be implanted into the officers?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I suppose those getting their knickers in a twist imagine these "microchips" (I hate that term as it is soooo outdated...) to actually be implanted into the officers?

The "microchips" arent going to be implanted, they will be in a device.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I suppose those getting their knickers in a twist imagine these "microchips" to actually be implanted into the officers?

Chalk me up as one who thought they were to be implanted....if not, that's great but I still have concerns about possible health implications from these devices.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Future_LT

The "microchips" arent going to be implanted, they will be in a device.

I know. It's actually via the Airwave communications system already in place, which the company I work for actually provides significant network infrastructure and bandwidth for.

As for health concerns, there are already concerns about the Airwave service as it uses particularly high frequency radio waves, TETRA, which are emitted from a device worn close to the neck. There have been concerns about an increased risk of cancer, yet nothing has been proven either way yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK

I suppose those getting their knickers in a twist imagine these "microchips" to actually be implanted into the officers?

Chalk me up as one who thought they were to be implanted....if not, that's great but I still have concerns about possible health implications from these devices.

I admit it: me too.

I wonder if it brings us closer to that though. I have heard of companies implanting the RFIDs in their employees "for security reasons".

An now, the US is admitting it wants to spy even more on it's own people. What is going on in US + what is going on in UK = scary thoughts.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This...

Is scary.

I mean really, like the tag line for a horror movie 'at first they were just microchipped...'

My bets on who's next:
Prisoners, criminals, elderly (at the age of seventy we all get chipped), young offenders, the mentally handicapped, the mentally ill, then workers for certain companies will have to wear them, and then soon.... every other bugger, until one day our children will be chipped upon birth.

Goodbye humanity.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
My bets on who's next:
Prisoners, criminals, elderly (at the age of seventy we all get chipped), young offenders, the mentally handicapped, the mentally ill, then workers for certain companies will have to wear them, and then soon.... every other bugger, until one day our children will be chipped upon birth.

I am not trying to be a jerk here, but the chips are not going to be implanted, they are going to either be in the uniform or another piece of equipment...please read all the posts next time.

Lt.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hence me using the word 'WEAR'.

I didn't mention anything about skin implants... not quite sure where you are coming from there?

new topics

top topics

join