It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funky SETI Toys?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Maybe Genya, going to see how it goes over a week. I was thinking it might be useful if we ever get round to linking WU's completed up to some sort of ATS reward.

Although the sweeping changes about to overcome SETI will make this redundant.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano...Although the sweeping changes about to overcome SETI will make this redundant.

AH! But *what* a glorious "swan song" it would be... What away to say "Bon Voyage" to our beloved SETI@home, as it sails off into the setting Sun...

And then - BOINC!! Now *that's* going to be really exciting - Southern Hemisphere here we come!!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
How many people are still doing seti at home yet?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cardsharp
How many people are still doing seti at home yet?

Hi cardsharp!!

Well, the actual *number* of users across the world is given as around 4 896 000 people. The ATS SETI@home team has around 261 members currently, although some of these have *never* returned 1WU unfortunately, and some have "stopped contributing" (although I wouldn't know why). I haven't looked at an "actual" number of active users (there is a thread about this in the discussion board) but would assume it's around 150 people... probably more. As happens, *because* I want to check, the SETI@home site is currently "down", so I can't check!!

Kano has been experimenting with an Excel spreadsheet, as you know, so might be able to give a definitive answer?

Thanx for your interest cardsharp!!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hrm, this spreadsheet thingy is a little suckier than I first thought, and my Excel tricks arent what the use to be.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join