It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS IS GONE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I remember a time when I could freely and intellectually discuss a conspiracy, coverup, or 9/11 on ATS. Unfortunately, those days are long-gone!

Now, I start a thread about a coverup, make ONE MENTION of 9/11, and am mass ridiculed for being an arrogant kook. I mention a coverup and get a lot of:

Do you have any evidence of that, aside from a two-bit radio talk show host or a YouTube video?

I reply:

Yes! ENDGAME, TERRORSTORM, LOOSE CHANGE are ALL smoking gun evidence!

You know what I get?

How do you know THOSE documentaries are not propaganda?

Look, to anyone who might ridicule me, I would MUCH rather watch a good, informative Alex Jones doc, then fully trust MSM. Why? Because documentaries provide documentation, and the media provides unverifiable "official sources".

So, bottom line, I start my threads to have an INTELLECTUAL DISCUSSION about an alternative topic, usually a conspiracy, I add some known AND PROVEN facts, like JFK and 9/11, maybe ask a question, and end up having to PROVE to the skeptics that 2+2=4, that 9/11 was an inside job, that JFK was an inside job.

It is unfortunate that so many ATSers find the need for absolute, "seen with my own eyes" proof to believe a conspiracy. Right now, even ATSers much more readily believe Fox News than Alex Jones and will ridicule the Alex Jones crowd.

What happened to ATS? ATS IS GONE!

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Dude, we all know it was an inside job. And Kennedy was shot by the CIA. Life goes on...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Quote: "How do you know those videos are not propaganda?"

Answer: Because propaganda is created and distributed by powerful organizations, like government.

If the message of the "propaganda" would diminish the power of such organizations, it is certainly not by them.

We are in the middle of a struggle that has been waged on earth for centuries. It's the same old story: people who have obtained great levels of power are crazy, and want more. They turn against the people with manipulation, lies, threats, subterfuge, and war to try and maintain their positions. Some of them are quite clever.

Do you think politics was ever simple enough that you could understand it just by being a passive observer and believing what you're told? OF COURSE NOT. You have to dig up the truth.

Power is always hungry for more. It consumes until all that is left are parts of its own body, which it eats, because it knows no better. Then it dies and things start over. The only problem is that it leaves quite a mess for everyone else to clean up.

SAME... OLD... STORY.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by ianr5741]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thetruth777,

Dont take it personal, times change, so do people and their expectations.

We must push the boundaries alittle further than before. That is what effective consipracy theory is all about. Conspiracy by its true nature never gets solved because you always have someone stating something different than the actual ''facts''. This is due to a lack of facts.

Keep plugging away - evidence is your biggest weapon and without it, we are defenseless.

Brei.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
Now, I start a thread about a coverup, make ONE MENTION of 9/11, and am mass ridiculed for being an arrogant kook. I mention a coverup and get a lot of:

Which thread are you talking about? The only other one in your profile is on MKULTRA and it looks like it was well received.

I understand what your saying though, but it goes both ways also. ATS does it's best to keep it balanced, but I also have seen what appears to be a ganging up from both sides. Around here you have to accept it because it comes with the territory. Don't let it get to you.

One thing I learned is that a quality opening post draws quality replies.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Look on the bright side. Your posts are being read and you do get replies...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

Originally posted by thetruth777

Which thread are you talking about? The only other one in your profile is on MKULTRA and it looks like it was well received.

I understand what your saying though, but it goes both ways also. ATS does it's best to keep it balanced, but I also have seen what appears to be a ganging up from both sides. Around here you have to accept it because it comes with the territory. Don't let it get to you.

One thing I learned is that a quality opening post draws quality replies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

Originally posted by Hal9000
I understand what your saying though, but it goes both ways also.

Hey truth I understand what your saying but like Hal says it goes both ways. One side always tempering the other.. which can be a good thing. Some times people take specific topics a bit too personal.

I admit to getting a bit too passionate on topics when people say "they saw a documentary that clearly shows UFOs are of Nazi origin and human design." But I know some people take great offence to any mention of 911 conspiracies.

My question would be: Did you not expect to get attacked when you essentially called Americans dummies? Or when you insinuated that someone watches FOX news when they disagree?

PS- I'm just trying to look at both sides of the coin. I don't watch FOX news and I agree most people are uninformed.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
How can you say "ATS is gone" when you only registered a few months ago?

Have I missed something here or is ATS in some wierd time-warp, and now an ATS minute is only a second in real-time

I thought I was a newbie!

I see you have made many posts.
Slooooooowwwwww dooooowwwwwnnnnnn....quality, not quantity.

1 Great Thread with an interesting piece of evidence is worth a hundred purely speculative theories or Rants (no offence).

good luck I'll check out your threads .....btw, not ALL documenteries are ligitimate. Take NOTHING for granted.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
People are brainwashed by the media. The media (ecspecially Bill Maher) says that truthers are crazy, so it must mean it true. The media is controlled by the government. The same people that own the Federal reserve (rothschild) own many media companies.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

Or maybe it is in your approach?
I mean come on, do you expect someone to really take you seriously when you throw around made up words like "sheeple"? Maybe I got your tone completely wrong in that thread but you come/came off as a bit condescending. As if you are in the know and others, well they are just clueless and it is a wonder that they can even dress themselves in the morning. Also the fact that the sources you quote are dubious at best doesn't help the point either. It maybe sound repeatative or redundant but most of the things posted here and everywhere else boild down to this: opinions and conjecture.

Rant away.

new topics

top topics

join