It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Draws Fire for Comments on Small Town America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Just about any black man who would run for office now would be seen as a racist when the media got hold of him. Can you name one that has run in the past and not been cast in this shadow?

Right off the top of my head - Harold Ford Jr.
I'm sure there are plenty of others .. but I'm too lazy to go google right now.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

He can't possibly be Christian if he believes people "cling" to their faith for any other reason than they believe it to be true. I think that upset more people than anything else. Attending a church that calls itself Christian does not a Christian make.

I really don't think that is what he actually meant. That being said, people of all religions often "cling" to their religion because thats what they were raised as and thats all they know.

Its really rather common.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I wanted to add this quote to the discussion, in reference to one of my earlier posts...

"The money power preys upon the nation in times of peace and conspires against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, more selfish than bureaucracy. I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. Corporations have been enthroned, an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its REIGN by working upon the prejudices of the people until the wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."

- Abraham Lincoln, after the National Banking Act of 1863 was passed

<< 1  2  3   >>

join