It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Draws Fire for Comments on Small Town America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
if a black finally gets in office it will be nothing but downhill for us.

That's not what I said.

I said OBAMA and WIFEYPOO are racists. It's part of who they are.
I'm sure their decisions while ANYWHERE will reflect that. Chicago or D.C.

Not if 'a black' gets in office.... but if THAT black (or part black) person gets in office. Big difference.

Backatchya

[edit on 4/16/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

People own guns to protect themselves. People own guns because it's their Constitutional right. People own guns for hunting. People own guns because it makes them feel safe or feel better.

Many people own guns because it makes them feel powerful. One gun is enough for protection. Two or Three are more then enough for hunting. But many people own many many more guns than two or three. I know people with 10 or more. It's not uncommon in this country. Here's a secret, it makes ther #$%k hard. It's something too always take comfort in when things are not going right.

People go to Church because they love God. People read their bibles because they want to know God better. People turn to God for comfort, but also to worship Him.

Many people go to church to save themselves from hell. The Church leads from fear. People go to church because when nothing else is right in life, or even when things are - going to church, in some way, makes them feel they are securing their afterlife.

They may not have control over the factory closing, they may not have control over eggs that cost 3.00 a dozen. They fear that Mexicans are going to come work for 6.00 an hour. But by God, they can still go to church and be with other people who are afraid of the same things they are. If anyone messes with them, well they always will have a bigger gun.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by pavlovsdog]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Not if 'a black' gets in office.... but if THAT black (or part black) person gets in office. Big difference.

[edit on 4/16/2008 by FlyersFan]

Really, this is a awfully 'white' black man. Remember before the WHITEs in Iowa gave him the very first Primary win, most Blacks said he wasnt Black ENOUGH. Blacks didnt see him as being Black enough to support their needs, they saw him as a token.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Just about any black man who would run for office now would be seen as a racist when the media got hold of him. Can you name one that has run in the past and not been cast in this shadow?

reply to post by pavlovsdog

Oh that's just media spin. "Is Obama black enough?"

What a $^&#$#&$ retarded question.

The answer? Who cares!?!?!

You're telling me they can ask "is Obama black enough?" and then Obama gets in trouble for calling his OWN grandmother a typical white person?

What would you say if a black newscaster called "Obama not white enough"?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Considering the Republican party embraced the racist southern segregationists when they bolted the Democratic party and have repeatedly played the race card, as recently as 2000 in South Carolina by claiming that McCain's adopted Bangledeshi daughter was actually the result of a tryst with a black prostitute, the indignant claim that Obama is racist... is rather funny.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This is just exemplary of the sentiments of Obama, Hillary (see thread on Working Class Southern Whites), and most modern Democrats (remember John Kerry?). Democrats are more elitist than Republicans ever have been. No one with at least one eye and one ear and a memory longer than 5 minutes should be surprised by this.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I remained open minded and hopeful about Obama at first. Then his association with a clearly biased and disturbing church surfaced and I started to loose interest. This, the topic of this thread, is pretty much the last straw.

Obama, like all brilliant men and politicians, is very mindful of his words and their meanings. He means precisely what he said and who he was saying it too puts the last nail in the coffin.

Most won't notice or understand his meaning in light of his audience, so I expect this won't have much impact.

If only we did not have this damn two party system and had some real choices!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

***Edited to say I misread your post but still mean what I say below. Sorry if you read it before I edited.***

It is now 2008 and a different world. The only thing keeping Racism alive is people who insist on blaming people living now for things that happened in the past they had no control over. As a Nation we have acted just plain stupid on this issue on all sides. We still have Blacks only schools and a Blacks only coalition in Congress. It is time to move on and some refuse to let it happen.

I also find it interesting that a man who grew up overseas or in Hawaii would be so condescending as to pretend to know what life is like in an area he did not grow up in. While living there recently he was a member of the privileged class. That makes it even more disingenuous. He has never even partaken of the Black Experience in the US. If you go back to when he started this, the Black Leaders were backing Clinton and not him.

He can't possibly be Christian if he believes people "cling" to their faith for any other reason than they believe it to be true. I think that upset more people than anything else. Attending a church that calls itself Christian does not a Christian make.

I now think he attends that church for votes and no other reason. I might vote for an Atheist if it were the right person, but I'm not keen on supporting a fake Christian.

[edit on 4/16/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

Are you talking about politicians or just people who are democrats? I hope you mean politicians, which is a stretch enough, but if you meant ordinary democrats...

reply to post by Blaine91555

Whether true or not, that is not the case anymore. To be a liberal and a racist nowadays is an oxymoron.

Quite a flip-flop assuming what you say is true. Which brings me to my next point:

Do you have source for that? If nothing else it would be an interesting read.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Do you blame any black person for feeling that way? Honestly, you people have no respect for the garbage they went through for 300 years. Can we not give them a century to let out all of the frustration?

Aw, come on. That's BS. Black people today are not the black people of yesterday.

It's not about venting frustration either. It's about the fact that blacks have never been economically assimilated since they were freed during the Civil War.

But bad economics is not a black or white problem.

Today we are all slaves of the Rothschilds, literally. The Federal government, state governments, right on down to local governments, and even your own individual identity are held in receivership by the Rothschilds on the bankruptcy of the United States in 1933. You are no longer sovereign person with inalienable rights, you are an incorporated citizen with privileges that can be extended or revoked as a matter of public policy.

EDIT to add: The fires of racism are kept burning today to keep the people divided and conquered. It's a distraction so that poor blacks and poor whites will never come together and rise up against the tyranny we now live under.

[edit on 4/17/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Obama supports free trade and China engagement! He stated trade with China is good during Senate hearings. Good???? Yeah, goold ole Walmart has dried up alot of jobs and middle class economy.

Let's hear Obama defend that. Walmart has destroyed much of the private business sector, loss of jobs and lively-hood around the US.

Mr. Obama, you sir are a legend in your own mind. We don't want any part of your deceptions.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

There are plenty of jobs. Every time I hear someone say, "OMG I can't find anywhere to work", I want to punch them in the face.

There are jobs, that's for sure. Just none of them pay what they should compared to the cost of living.

Basically, big business is stiffing American workers of the money they are due as they wait for the market equilibrium for pay. Unfortunately, the market won't even get to that point without some sort of intervention (in my opinion).

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It's all service jobs, because private sector jobs (Mom and Pop businesses, medium businesses) are all but gone.

Now you're mostly seeing call centers and the like.

This is sinking the middle class, causing a much larger gap between rich and poor. The rich like to call themselve Elite (Obama raked in over 4 million last year).

The NWO model is for the Elites to make the laws and rule, while all the rest work for them (the poor).

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Yes, but even service jobs used to pay enough to meet the standards of living.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

There are plenty of jobs. Every time I hear someone say, "OMG I can't find anywhere to work", I want to punch them in the face.

I really take offense to that. I have been out of work since last Summer. I'm either "too qualified" or not qualified enough since I no habla. I can't even compete in the labor jobs I used to do during warm weather. A contractor I used to work for told me flat out that he won't hire me because he would have to insure me, but he doesn't have to insure illegals. I told him I really needed the work and was willing to work for cash, and he told me he just couldn't risk it. In other words, he didn't trust me to keep my mouth shut if I got hurt.

I had an interview for a minimum wage job at a supermarket, where I happen to know a few people. When the manager asked me, "Why would you even want a job like this?" I knew he was going to tell me I was really "overqualified" to pack groceries.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Yes, but even service jobs used to pay enough to meet the standards of living.

This is true. I remember my first job was at a supermarket, and there were people making good money that had been there for ten or fifteen years. You can't make a career out of a supermarket job anymore. Fat chance even getting a full time position. All the ones around here only put you on full time after you have already been working there for years.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Yup. Many of the positions are capped at lower than living standard rates - so even if you work there for 15 years, unless a promotion is in order, you still won't be living any better. I bet most cashier jobs at supermarkets cap out at $10 right now.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

My woman is making ten and change after seven years running the customer service counter. She's still not even full time status, though she usually gets close to 40 hours. Never ever ever anything over 40 though, because of time and a half.

[edit on 4/18/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I probably shouldn't have quit my 50K per year job working on a DoD project contracted between Spawar and a software company.

I have my own business, but like being in the trenches everyday when you're the only employee! I don't want to work for anyone else.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Attending a church that calls itself Christian does not a Christian make.

His 'church' is founded on the so-called black liberation theology. It is a book by James Cone. NOT THE BIBLE. Here is a quote from that book -

By James Cone
Black Theology and Black Power:

“Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not
identified totally with the goals of the black
community. If God is not for us and against white
people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill
him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do
not belong to the black community. Black theology will
accept only the love of God which participates in the
destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the
divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the
power of black people to destroy their oppressors here
and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is
participating in this holy activity, we must reject
his love.”

THIS is what is in Obama's heart. THIS is what motivates the man. THIS is what he subscribes to. THIS is what he voluntarily sat in the pews for 20+ years to listen to. THIS is what his 20 year mentor (Wright) believes with all his heart and preaches.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join