It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: Yeah, we signed off on Torture. So What?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Bush: Yeah, we signed off on Torture. So What?

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com

ABC finally got a hold of President Bush to respond to its story that top administration officials, as members of the National Security Council's Principals Committee, had signed off on "enhanced interrogation" techniques in 2002 that included waterboarding. And Bush doesn't understand what the big deal is:

"Well, we started to connect the dots, in order to protect the American people." Bush told ABC New s White House correspondent Martha Raddatz. "And, yes, I'm aware our national security team met on this issue. And I approved."...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So our ever-idiotic Decider in Chief basically admits he has pissed all over international law, and AUTHORIZED WAR CRIMES! And he is completely indifferent to it! There's no doubt whatsoever now, EVERYONE at the top of this administration are ALL GUILTY OF WAR CRIMES!

Please, would somebody bring these animals to justice...Please.

Bush said the ABC report about the Principals' involvement was not so "startling."

The AP reported yesterday that the administration officials involved in the meetings "took care to insulate President Bush" from the decisions made during them.

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This guy and his administration never ceases to amaze me.

I'd never wish the use of torture on anyone, friend or foe, but next time i hear of one of our guys having been tortured, beheaded or whatever, i really don't think i will be able to feel as disgusted as i used to.

If we do it and think it's fine, who are we to moan when they do it to our guys?

Bush is a prize tool, i swear to God that guy is a monkey that has been put in a suit and strategicaly shaved!

CX.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
This guy and his administration never ceases to amaze me.

I'd never wish the use of torture on anyone, friend or foe, ....

CX.

It was to hard not plagiarize your post and type in 'except maybe them.'

Forgive me for even thinking about it.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Maxmars]

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Cheney said, "So?"

And the Chimp apes, "So what?"

As the common people go, "Eh, what else is on?"

And one wonders why these indifferent, arrogant, puppet criminals show zero respect towards the vast majority of people they are Constitutionally bound to serve?

[edit on 11-4-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Sometimes I wonder if the folks clinging to the 'brainwashing' conspiracies (you know EMF, ELF, HAARP, CHEMTRAIL, FLUORIDE) don't have it right and most of us are simply 'conditioned' or 'subdued' and can't react to such things.

I guess that makes me a mutant. Ugh, Hollywood made it seem like being a mutant would be cool. This just sucks.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Well, there's no question that the MSM brainwashes people with endless propeganda. And the CIA definitely partakes in brainwashing techniques on a widespread scale. So it is quite plausible that many of these things do have basis in reality.

Goosdawg-That was the first thing that came to mind when I read this-the Cheney "so?" comment. These criminals apathy toward the law and the people are absolutely sickening, and the public's apathy toward it all has been equally sickening....But, we are headed for ground zero at breakneck speed here, and I have a feeling that all these people who have been indifferent are going to have no choice but to wake up and get off their a**es soon.

[edit on 12-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This is a simply stunning admission from shrub.

I am now awaiting all his supporters comments here on ATS, and how they try to wriggle out of this one.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Whats the big deal?

I could care less if we waterboard terrorists, if the situation was reversed they would just cut off our head and video tape it.

As far as war crimes, i think this is a joke. There are no rules to war in reality, look what Sherman did to Atlanta.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The big deal is that we are supposed to be the good guys with right on our side. (note I said "supposed")

We're supposed to be above torture.

We're supposed to have the moral high ground.

We're supposed to be civilized.

How is the world community supposed to support us if we use torture?

And by us I include the UK as part of the coalition.

[edit on 12/4/2008 by budski]

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that Bush and Cheney deserve the death penalty for treason. They have done more harm to America than a thousand Osama Bin Ladens could ever do. And they continue unabated to destroy America fueled by astronomical greed, and lust for power. I hope both of them along with their morally bankrupt, wealthy supporters get what they so rightfully deserve as BILLIONS of people worldwide cheer the liberation of planet Earth from an ungodly tyranny of unprecedented proportions.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think its a good thing, he does not get tried. You lot voted for him, and he did that stuff in your name. What ever history writes, our collective soul will know what america did, and your all collectively responsible.

I heard once they said, why does america have these sorts of leaders, i think you deserve nothing better than you get. Afterall you did it to yourself, like william cooper said, you lot laughed at waco. So what gives you authority to speak out against china in tibet.

George bush, is a representation of americas spirit, and i think, its a proper projection to the world.

Rant over

[edit on 4/12/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
Whats the big deal?

I could care less if we waterboard terrorists, if the situation was reversed they would just cut off our head and video tape it.

As far as war crimes, i think this is a joke. There are no rules to war in reality, look what Sherman did to Atlanta.

Off topic apology

Sherman accomplished what he was told to accomplish. Even he noted what was going to occur BEFORE he began his campaign. He (and I) accept that cruelty and pain are part of the execution of war - THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT - to make it so horrible and repulsive as to destroy your enemy's will to make war.

BUT - We aren't 'FACING' an enemy. THAT'S THE ISSUE - we're torturing 'whoever' - nameless faceless people targeted and sequestered with NO OVERSIGHT and NO TRANSPARENCY - I am inclined to trust the torturers less than the tortured. Especially since they could make literally anyone - ANYONE disappear from their life - and NEVER have to account for it.

[edit on 12-4-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I think its a good thing, he does not get tried. You lot voted for him, and he did that stuff in your name. What ever history writes, our collective soul will know what america did, and your all collectively responsible.

I heard once they said, why does america have these sorts of leaders, i think you deserve nothing better than you get. Afterall you did it to yourself, like william cooper said, you lot laughed at waco. So what gives you authority to speak out against china in tibet.

George bush, is a representation of americas spirit, and i think, its a proper projection to the world.

Rant over

I don't know what shangrila you hail from. But your 'morale high ground' smacks of strange similarity to the collection of people who are so clever and so special that their leaders are simply extensions of their will , and whatever they do is 'in your name'. Tell me, are you allowed to reveal this paradise you come from? Because the rest of us sure would like to live in you fantasy-worthy world.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I don't know what shangrila you hail from. But your 'morale high ground' smacks of strange similarity to the collection of people who are so clever and so special that their leaders are simply extensions of their will , and whatever they do is 'in your name'. Tell me, are you allowed to reveal this paradise you come from? Because the rest of us sure would like to live in you fantasy-worthy world.

How come you lot say hitler was a representation of germany, and germany are still paying for what they did. So america, somehow has leaders that are different than your enemies, and they do not project your will around the world. At the start of the iraq war, what percentage was it in favour, and stupidity is not an excuse.

Your leaders represent your country around the world, thats why they call them figure heads. i.e like hitler, is still in every ones mind about what germany did under him.

Any american who comes on here, and tries to tell us about the sweetness of america, are the ones living in never never land.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I can't speak for other Americans (THAT'S an American trait) but I can tell you my opinion. Whether people are still stigmatizing Germany for the acts of the Regime that Identified itself as Hitler's or not, Only a very simple mind would think that the people living in Germany could have put a stop to that regime. They were supported from VERY HIGH PLACES with NON-GERMAN money, and (just as virtually everywhere else in the world - except maybe your paradise) the actual population placed a trust in their leaders - which was quickly discarded as irrelevant to the 'vision' of the leadership in place. But again, in the place from which you cast your judgment, I wouldn't expect sympathetic understanding regarding leaders who have no interest in upholding the will of the people (or in our case - of even acknowledging what the people's will actually is)

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Germany has to pay israel, till the end of this century for what happened. So israel people are simple minded for doing this. Do you think that israel people are simple mided for making germany pay them until the end of this century for what happened 60 years ago. Germany is still paying for what happened.

America has never had to pay for what ever it did. First you got rid of all the american indians, when did you pay them for what you did. You virtually erradicated those people, in the same way that germany tried to get rid of the jews supposedly. So how come germany pays until the end of this centur for what there leaders did 60 years ago, and you lot do what ever you want to kill of any one and never pay.

The same way that hitler stuff is on germanys soul, bush does things in your name, under your flag.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

What's the big deal? Who cares if we waterboard potential terrorists? Who cares if they're innocent ?

They shouldn't have been where we caught them anyway right? They must have been up to no good.

I just watched the movie Rendition last night and I guess I'm a little biased at this point.

With the patriot act 1 & 2, we can hold terrorist suspects indefinitely without charging with a crime. They do not have access to a lawyer as most of them are declared "enemy combatants." They are typically flown on CIA torture planes to places where their secret prisons are (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Eastern Europe, Egypt, probably elsewhere, Iraq?). Here's another source.

A common torture method is waterboarding. Another is electro-shock therapy. That sounds like a lot of fun to me. In case you're not familiar with the waterboarding technique, let me explain it to you. Its very important to know what the US GOVERNMENT, supposedly the shining example of democracy and freedom, does to obtain bunk intelligence.

First the detainee is strapped in a chair. Then they have a cloth bag put over their head, and they tie the bag to their head very tight by wrapping a rope or taping it to their neck. Then they pour water over their mouth to simulate drowning. The person tries to gasp for air through the bag, but they can't. All they get is a mouthful of water.

reply to post by xstealth

"What's the big deal?" Perhaps when we claim to be "good" people and behave on the same level as supposedly "bad" people, then we are no better than those "bad" people.

The problem with the word terrorist, is that its very vague. You or I could be classified as a terrorist with the new H.R. 1955: Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007 .

You can thank the Bush Administration for that one. Cya in the FEMA camps.

Us lot voted for him? Nope. I never voted for him. He lost the popular vote at least once. There's more than enough evidence that the Diebold machines were rigged as well.

I don't think so. He surely doesn't represent me or the majority of posters on this board. I'd like to know where you get off telling us we deserve this man.

No country deserves criminals as leaders. That's like saying Zimbabwe deserves Mugabe. Absolute trash.

[edit on 4/12/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hatred for Bush aside, think about it.
So freakin' what!

International law does not apply to terrorists that don't know how to play by the book and hide behind innocent women and children, so quit being such a freakin' sympathizer.

Can you name just one indiividual that has died from waterboarding?

... didn't think so.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You are among those who expressed mindset firmly wished to apply justice to the inheritors of the legacy. Good luck with that. I, have never had the pleasure of meeting someone who's forefathers did not 'own' sins which could be cast upon their children. Again, this must be an aspect of the saintly world from which you come, where all justice is served, and if it hasn't been - you can do it by proxy. By such logic, we are all damned, every living soul. And all of this is just a comedy played out with no audience to laugh at it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join