It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi blogger posts video on violent Christian extremism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The Saudi Blogger does have a valid point that Islam is not the only religion which has been tainted by violent extremists and that there are violent Christian extremists. The onle point that the Blogger and his supporters are probably not addressing is that Islam seems less tolerant of criticism than other religions.

The Pat Robertsons' of the world are not going to agree with the Saudi Blogger, but their response to the blogger will be peaceful. Furthermore, Christian nations like the U.S. and those of Europe will not threaten any sort of official action because of the blog.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Islam as a religion isn't one based on peace and it is no where near a peaceful religion. It was founded in violence and its early followers were forcing others into following their religion or die or pay a heavy poll tax.

Need proof?
Read and educate yourself:

answering-islam.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am glad some one made this video to show the other side of the coin.

Both religions have their extreme sides and kill people because they think the hold the truth.

Respect

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

Care to give examples? I can list many things that the site has used to be misleading, so I'd rather not even bother using it as a source on a religion.

Any violence that is permitted in the Quran against non-Muslims is only allowed as self defence, and as a last resort, where the other party does not want to stop attacking and will not seek out a non-violent means.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

I guess it would be against the radical Christian in this video.
Radical christians in iraq

But I don't see the violence in this video just people trying to spread a religion and a version of the bible that certain countries refuse to allow. And wouldn't that thought of freedom of religion be sacry to any country. Its worth it to them to call a jihad to fight these people they must have something else in the boxes besides bibles right. well guess what just bibles and the fear that people might change there religion from Islam to what ever religion those evil doers are pushing right. People deserve to have there heads cut off or be stoned to death for such books right.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I provided a source, if you don't agree with it, then post something with sources to refute it.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Pathetic attempt at comparing Christianity to
Muslim extremist. 1. US military,not Christian.
2 .Children are talking about spiritual warfare. " the weapons of our warfare are not physical, but spiritual," Fighting the lies and half truths of spiritual enemies. Like this video. 3. The old Testament represented the Jewish religion. Not Christianity. Jesus revealed a New Covenant. With much greater light. Yes, you can be killed for standing up for the truth!
The most violent group on earth are the materialist. (godless). But because they are a minority. They pretend to be, Oh so good. Until they get in power.
Then all hell breaks loose. People systematically start being slottered by the millions. History is my witness!

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You beat me to it, and I couldn't agree more - it's not like christianity has never tried to force people to convert.

or repent

or be cleansed by fire.

And obviously somepeople have never heard of the crusades, the inquisition and witch trials to name but three periods where hundreds of thousands of atrocities were committed.

But I digress...

apologies for being off-topic, but I felt your post deserved mention.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
I provided a source, if you don't agree with it, then post something with sources to refute it.

And i asked you to provide examples, if you're sure that Islam is a violent religion, and yet you point me to someone else's work, which i already said is based on misinformation.

If you want a link, rather than discussing it, then here you go:

www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Most Middle Eastern terrorists are probably fundamentalist Muslims, but they share little with their fellow fundamentalists. They represent an extremist, radical wing of fundamentalist Islam, which is composed of people who believe that the Islamic state must be imposed on the people from above, using violent action if necessary. This movement is fueled by social, religious, and economic stressors in many of the Muslim countries: lack of democracy; autocratic, unelected political leaders; millions of Palestinian refugees, extreme wealth for a minority, and often extreme poverty for most of the public; poor human rights records; high unemployment. Perhaps the greatest stressor of all is the Israeli-Palestinian conflict which has lasted over five decades. It is fueling much of the anger, instability, unrest, distrust, hostility, and feelings of victimization in the region. The U.S. is viewed as favoring and supporting Israel. They have given over three billion dollars a year in military and economic aid to Israel. The lack of a peace settlement, the continuing expansion of Jewish settlements in occupied lands, the status of the Dome of the Rock at the Temple Mount in Jerusalem -- the third most sacred spot in Islam -- and the status of the Muslim section of the city of Jerusalem are major flash points. 6 Another stressor is the past presence of many American troops in Saudi-Arabia; this was seen by many radical Fundamentalist Muslims as a desecration of holy ground. The two most sacred places in Islam -- Mecca and Medina -- are located in that country. Although the U.S. has come to the assistance of oppressed Muslims as in Bosnia-Herzegovina and Kuwait, anti-American feelings are running high because of the invasion on Iraq.

From the web site you posted. Seems they know theres terrorist in the mix and using Islam as a call to war. I tried to find something refering to christian violence and couldn't find anything.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

What about the KKK for starters?

Then loads of white power terror groups who all use god as a justification for violence.

Anti-abortionists?

Animal rights extremists?

2 groups to research are the "Army of God" and "The Lambs of Christ" but if you google them and click on their links, be warned that the sites contain very graphic imagery.

If you want to learn about christian extremism, just google the words.

Whilst we're on the subject, apartheid and slavery were both inspired and excused by bible passages.

But of course, none of that compares to a few blokes strapped to explosives.

Or
"Not so smart bombs"

I think that sometimes we get confused about the meaning of terrorism, because the only things that make the headlines are bombs - and there's much more to it than that:
Check this out

[edit on 12/4/2008 by budski]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Well I would have to say show me the links and I could probly show you just as I just did with the last link somebody put up. Ive tried playing fair and posting links of things I say and I look at what others are saying and used there own links to show the opposite of what they claim.

And the crusades had many different reasons and as they went on they turned more radical and quit in the late 18th century.

The Muslim presence in the Holy Land began with the initial Arab conquest of Palestine in the 7th century. This did not interfere much with pilgrimage to Christian holy sites or the security of monasteries and Christian communities in the Holy Land, and western Europeans were less concerned with the loss of far-away Jerusalem than, in the ensuing decades and centuries, the invasions by Muslims and other hostile non-Christians, such as the Vikings, Slavs and Magyars.[citation needed] However, the Muslim armies' successes put increasing pressure on the Eastern Orthodox Byzantine Empire.

Another factor that contributed to the change in Western attitudes towards the East came in the year 1009, when the Fatimid Caliph al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah ordered the destruction of all churches and synagogues in his Caliphate, which included North Africa and the Middle East[6]. That destruction included the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. In 1039 his successor, after requiring large sums be paid for the right, permitted the Byzantine Empire to rebuild it.[7] Pilgrimages were allowed to the Holy Lands before and after the Sepulchre was rebuilt, but for a time pilgrims were captured and some of the clergy were killed. The Muslim conquerors eventually realized that the wealth of Jerusalem came from the pilgrims; with this realization the persecution of pilgrims stopped.[8] However, the damage was already done, and the violence of the Seljuk Turks became part of the concern that spread the passion for the Crusades

crusades according to wikipedia

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Dude,
just google the words I said to google and you'll find everything that you need to know.

The reason I haven't posted links is because some of them potentially violate the T&C - hence the warning about graphic images.

If you google the words I suggested and view them of your own accord, then I'm not in violation of the T&C.

If I post links which contain graphic images, racism, and the promotion of violence I WOULD be in violation of the T&C - and besides, they sicken me.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

And i asked you to provide examples, if you're sure that Islam is a violent religion, and yet you point me to someone else's work, which i already said is based on misinformation.

Oh YOU said it was based on misinformation huh? And I forgot who are you again? Who made you the expert here and made you the one to state that the source I posted was misinformation?

Tell me one Christian Govt. that opposes freedom of religion currently in the World? Show me one Christian Govt. that uses war to spread their religion and punishes anyone who doesn't conform?

I can cite a number of Muslim nations that do this starting with the biggest Saudi Arabia. Just try owning a bible there someday.

To there credit Iran allows for freedom of religion and really aside from there screwed up mullahs, Iran could be a great little country.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Tell me how do you dispute the orgins of Islam? Do you deny that they were expanded by violence? What in the site is false?

Ask women in any muslim nation if islam is violent. How about the taliban? How about Pakistan? Any muslim in Africa. Indonesia

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Some other links to support islam is based on and continues to be violent:

nowscape.com...

IV.138: Those who believe, then disbelieve, then again believe, then disbelieve and then increase in disbelief, Allah will never forgive them nor will He guide them to the right way.
IV.89: They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.
IX. 5-6: Kill those who join other gods with God wherever you may find them.

IV.76: Those who believe fight in the cause of God.

IV.74: Let those who fight in the cause of God who barter the life of this world for that which is to come; for whoever fights on God's path, whether he is killed or triumphs, We will give him a handsome reward.

VIII.39-42: Say to the Infidels: if they desist from their unbelief, what is now past shall be forgiven; but if they return to it, they have already before them the doom of the ancients! Fight then against them till strife be at an end, and the religion be all of it

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Daniel Pearl in Pakistan and Nick Berg in Iraq, both Jews, were the first to suffer this modern revival of historic Islamic savagery. Then it was another American, Paul Johnson in Saudi Arabia. And then South Korean Kim Sun-il in Iraq, a reported born-again Christian. All were murdered without mercy by Muslims proclaiming the by now familiar mantra of praise, "Allahu akbar" [Allah is great].

The suicide crews flew American planes into the World Trade Center buildings and the Pentagon on 9-11 shouting, "Allah is great." Clearly these Muslims saw themselves carrying out their actions for a religiously based cause in the name of Allah.

It is important to note that these acts of barbarism were committed by diverse ethnic groups of Muslim zealots in different places. This reveals that there is a cohesive source that motivates all of them to commit such atrocities.

The West – and especially the United States – continues to cling to the myth that "Islam is a religion of peace." History reveals this is simply not true.

Islam is not like Christianity, which teaches one should love his enemy. Christians seek to win converts by a loving presentation of the message of Christ's offer of pardon for sin that He purchased by dying in our place.

On the other hand – according to the Quran – in places where Islam rules, it is to offer no mercy to the "infidel unbeliever" unless he converts to Islam. If he is allowed to live, he must live as a third-rate citizen and suffer all sorts of abuses with no legal rights to protect him. He is excessively taxed for "the privilege" of living among Muslims.

The cohesive core of Islam that continues to inspire its long history of violence is the Quran and the sayings and actions of Muhammad, himself. The many biographies of Muhammad reveal that he employed murder and war repeatedly to advance Islam. When he conquered Medina, he and his troops beheaded all the adult Jewish men, which Muslim sources place at over 600. So the practice of beheading "infidels," especially Jews, is well established by Muhammad himself.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Osama bin Laden, with his group of "holy warriors" who had come from many Muslim communities around the world, issued a "fatwa." A "fatwa" is a legally binding interpretation of the Quran for a contemporary issue written by an Islamic scholar. Part of Osama's fatwa – dated February 1998 – proclaimed:

The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies – civilians and military – is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque [in Jerusalem] and the holy mosque [in Mecca] from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim.

This is in accordance with the words of Almighty Allah "and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together," and "fight them until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah."

www.danielpipes.org...

www.news.com.au...

ITALIAN editor and critic of Islamic extremism Magdi Allam, who converted to Catholicism from Islam and was baptised by Pope Benedict XVI, today branded his former faith as intrinsically violent.

"I had to do this (abandon Islam)", Allam wrote in a long letter to the Italian daily Corriere della Sera.

"Beyond ... the phenomenon of extremists and Islamist terrorism at the global level, the root of evil is inherent to a physiologically violent and historically conflictual Islam," wrote the Egyptian-born journalist, who says he has received death threats and is under police protection.

Regarding a combative tone that has made him famous in Italy, Allam wrote: "Over the years my spirit has been freed from the obscurantism of an ideology that legitimises lies and deception, violent death that leads to homicide and suicide, blind submission to tyranny."

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
www.cnsnews.com.../ForeignBureaus/archive/200609/INT20060919a.html

(CNSNews.com) - As the Vatican continues trying to placate Muslims angered by Pope Benedict XVI's recent remarks, a senior Catholic leader has said the violent response justified the concern the pope had been expressing in the first place.

Citing threats of violence against the pope in Somalia and Iraq, Archbishop of Sydney Cardinal George Pell said "the violent reactions ... showed the link for many Islamists between religion and violence, their refusal to respond to criticism with rational arguments, but only with demonstrations, threats and actual violence."

"Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached," the pope quoted Manuel II Palaeologus as saying.

"To convince a reasonable soul, one does not need a strong arm, or weapons of any kind, or any other means of threatening a person with death ..." the emperor had said, according to the pope.

www.washingtonpost.com...

The 15-minute film splices verses from the Koran with videos of mutilated bombing victims, the World Trade Center attack, the beheading of a man by masked gunmen and an Afghan woman draped in a pleated blue burqa being shot in the head.

"It is not a provocation, it is tough reality -- a reality that some Muslims might not find comfortable," Geert Wilders, a member of the Netherlands' far-right Party for Freedom, told reporters after the Web site LiveLeak.com received so many hits within the first hour of posting the film that the video temporarily froze. "I think I have made a very decent film, within the boundaries of the law. This is a call for debate; that is how people should respond."

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Does anyone know how to translate Arabic? I would bet that the Bible verses he quotes that advocate war are Old Testament verses and not New Testament ones. Whenever someone wants to knock Christianity they always drag out some verse from the Old Testament where God tells the Israelites to go on a rampage through the camps of their enemies which has nothing to do with Christianity since Christians did not yet exist. Anyone calling themselves a Christian who still refers back to the laws and practices of the Israelites has missed the point of the crucifiction and resurrection entirely and are not Christians at all.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by animekenji]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
One thing seems to be true of religions....they have the power to divide. Perhaps religions represent the evolution of human consciousness. We put a god above us and follow "his" rules. We allow others to be placed above us and follow their rules. We tend to enslave ourselves. Maybe some day each individual will accept personal responsibility and see that together we create our reality

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join