It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Campaign Office Goes Up In Flames

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Clinton Campaign Office Goes Up In Flames

www.theindychannel.com

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign office in Terre Haute was destroyed by fire early Friday morning.

The fire broke out just after 12:30 a.m. at the Westaff building, on 3rd Street, officials said.

"When they arrived on the scene, flames were shooting out the tops of it and the vehicle in front was also involved in the fire," said John Gardner, of the Terre Haute Fire Department, told WTHI-TV.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

There was no immediate word on where or how the fire began.

"At this point, all we know is that there was a structure fire," Gardner said. "We put it out and we are going to do our investigation."

The Secret Service was at the scene.

Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama are locked in a tight race for the Democratic presidential nomination. The 72 delegates up for grabs in Indiana's May 6 primary could prove crucial to either candidate securing the nomination.

If this fire is found to be suspicious, it will add fuel to the flames already burning in Indiana's Presidential election primary. If the primary continues to the Democratic Convention Floor...this may be a sign of what's to come.

www.theindychannel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The article makes it clear that arson is not suspected, as one might think at first glance. Clinton and Obama are rivals, but I don't think either one would set fires. There's not much to be gained by taking out a regional headquarters and it's a big risk. If anyone would be suspected, it might be some fanatical supporters, but there's no indication the fire was deliberately set.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
hey guys, long time lurker here, first time post. I actually covered this story for the local news here. There were a couple things that made this fire a little "off". First, Bill Clinton was staying litterly half a mile down the road, since he was in town to speak at a local college and at a high school.
Second, for a fire that was not suspicios...there is still a cop that sits outside of the office every night,and the fire was about three weeks ago, plus they put a big fence around the front of the building. It just all came off as a little weird to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Koolaid10199

You seem to be saying that maybe Bill Clinton was the target, or at least somebody wanted to "send him a message." That should have been said in the article. It seems to me there are a lot more effective ways of sabotaging someone's campaign than disrupting a temporary headquarters, but then I'm a teacher, not a terrorist. Thanks for your input, it makes the situation more interesting.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Nah, i dont think Bill Clinton was so much a target..more of sending him a sign. They ruled the fire either electrical or lightning. But i just find it odd that he was in town, and her office just happened to go up in flames.

new topics

top topics

join