It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vets for Freedom Offers Free DC Trips to Pro-War Lobbyists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Vets for Freedom Offers Free DC Trips to Pro-War Lobbyists

www.prwatch.org

The Republican front group called Vets for Freedom, "in an extraordinary move suggestive of fairly deep pockets ... will pay all travel, lodging and food expenses" for any recent veteran wanting to lobby with them in DC.

The offer attracted Zak Applequist, a local soldier. "He's never been to Washington; until now, he hasn't even been particularly involved in politics. ... 'I heard about it through my mom,' Applequist said, 'and she heard about it through Fox News.'"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.modbee.com

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It really grinds my gears to see these slimy Republican's and 'pro-war lobbyists' getting away with this kind of blatant abuse of a legal loophole to circumvent the rule of law and the will of the people!

The only people who are pro-war are the war profiteers like Cheney, Halliburton, Blackwater, etc. Its scum like this which should be wiped clean from the Earth.

This November I will vote in line with the Anti-Scum Party! Viva Anti-Scum….VIVA!

www.prwatch.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
It really grinds my gears to see these slimy Republican's and 'pro-war lobbyists' getting away with this kind of blatant abuse of a legal loophole to circumvent the rule of law and the will of the people!

Wait...what laws are they violating or exploiting?

Veterans for Freedom are not doing anything different than any other special interest group, be they pro-war, pro-choice, pro-gun, etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yeah, because no democrats/anti war lobby has EVER, EVER done anything like that before.

Give me a break.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

The only people who are pro-war are the war profiteers like Cheney, Halliburton, Blackwater, etc. Its scum like this which should be wiped clean from the Earth.

Yes and they got the cash, (out of the back of hard working Americans and the blood of our soldiers in Iraq) to pay for their dirty deeds.

Remember the say so, money talks and . . . you know who walks.

Hey If I was a vet I would take the littler vacation but then again I would think that is nothing but blood money after all.

top topics

join