It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempting to locate by a IP address that Scammed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
To all of thoses Savey PC users!
I'm attempting to help this Grandmother that has called out on Graigslist for help, (which is also the site that these people usedthat has Scam her out of nearly $3000.00) when she attempted to purchase a car. They used a existing site by copying their profile but modified it for there use. This making it look real. However they used their personal E-mail address.in responding to her. I know there is a way that one can get there location, or address based on their e-amil address. I'm attempting to help her in anyway I can, this is why I'm asking you so that I we can at least get them expose as well as pressing charges for internet fraud if at all possible.
Any insight would help me and this Lady, after all, it could of been your Grandmother, this is why I wish to help in anyway I can.
Thanks so much!!!
Jessemole

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jessemole

I'd take it up with CraigList, personally speaking....Sounds like this unfortunate lady was the victim of a phising scam, not nice at all

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Call the FBI and get them all the info you have on the scammers. Depending on what city or town you're in, there may even be an FBI office nearby.

If "Grandma" doesn't have the legs to get it done herself, do it for her.

My mother was taken in by one of those fake PayPal emails. If I ever had the opportunity to get my hands around their necks...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Also, the Attorney General's Office in her state may be able to track them down, as well.

In fact (and I'm just extrapolating from what little I know), the FBI may be the best at tracking them down, and at bringing them down in a hurry. But the Attorney General may be better at getting her $3000 back over time.

Load for bear and check into it. Happy hunting.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
i assume you have filed a police report reporting ` obtaning money by deception ` - i use the English law that applies - as i have no idea how the statutes are worded in your juristiction

assuming they are persuing the investigation - they should have little / no problem finding a judge who will issue a court order compelling the ISP to surrender its billing info

thats how it works in the UK - my mates wife works in the accounts dept of one of the top UK broadband providers - and her boss is the guy who deals with this

and while he was off sick - she had to do it - and was amazed at the number of demands they recieve

new topics

top topics

join