It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Gen Internet: The Grid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
instead itll be ggg.abovetopsecret.grid
heres a quote from the website url :

www.wired.com...

~ ~ ~ ~

The Grid will not only enable sharing of documents and MP3 files, but also connect PCs with sensors, telescopes and tidal-wave simulators.

IBM's Brian Carpenter suggested "computing will become a utility just like any other utility."

Carpenter said, "The Grid will open up ... storage and transaction power in the same way that the Web opened up content." And just as the Internet connects various public and private networks, Cisco Systems' Bob Aiken said, "you're going to have multiple grids, multiple sets of middleware that people are going to choose from to satisfy their applications."

As conference moderator Walter Hoogland suggested, "The World Wide Web gave us a taste, but the Grid gives a vision of an ICT (Information and Communication Technology)-enabled world."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hmm didnt know where to post this but this could be a tool used for new world order =] like in the movie The Matrix where 90% of all humans are under control in the Matrix by the robots that we created.

i dont know much about it but it seems intresting possibly to some people.
so take a look for the ones who dont know about it yet =]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
already a thread here.

Pretty cool though.

AAC

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
oh sorry didnt know it was posted..accually i knew it probably already was but i just posted one just in case =]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bReAtHe tRuE

I do it once a week.
I do try not to, however I got a quick trigger finger.

AAC

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
yeap same here, same here bro

new topics

top topics

join