It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rational thinkers only (please)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
anyone think twice about the negative connotation associated with the word conspiracy.

the word has a negative connotation attatched to it, and this meaning has been re-inforced until it gets the desired knee jerk reaction

powerful people tend to want more power, it is a weakeness in the human condition, these powerful people then do what any intelligent capitalist would do and lay a plan out to reach their goals, looking at their strengths weaknesses , threats, and opportunity's.

Wealthy and powerful manipulative men like to pull the wool over other naive, or foolish or trusting people's eye's and take their money, they don't want the "sheep" to be hip to the game(s) and they rationalize this as part of a "dog eat dog world" or this is just the way things are so if you can't figure out your getting lied to or scammed, then shame on you, or even sometimes because they believe the "masses" can be trusted to understand the complexities of issues and it is much easier to tell them what to believe (to stem unrest)

The term conspiracy can be used by nearly anyone to try and discredit anyone that may be threatining some perception that is valuable to their goals. sometimes to further keep a scam going (what ever country, or business sector, or gov't , or global agreement is involved). When ever their is serious opposition to a perception important to their goals, it would be valuable to the bottom line to pull out the conspiracy card. people/sheeple have been conditioned to hear this word and then immediately associate craziness with such an idea.

This forumula is used repeatedly by attatching a lie or half truth that is being attempted to be passed on as a truth. simply attatch the "truth" which is really a lie in the context of someone who has the gall to question this and then sprinkle the magic word "conspiracy theory" and violla, you get a knee jerk reaction that anyone questioning this "lie posed as a truth" is thought of as crazy. It is a funny thing to realize how words can be tought to leave an emotional imprint in the mind. it also serves as a detrement to those that do not want to be labeled or associated with craziness as well as giving a first impression that an idea is not credible to anyone who may not have the desire to really question an answer for themselves in this busy world. In other words the term and it's implied negative connotation can be valuable to someone trying to fool others usually for the benefit of money or power. In my opinion a wall of cognitive dissonance may go up should a real conspiracy threaten to brake down a veil of ignorant bliss, especially when their seems to be personal pride associated with an idea, or a sense of safety, and* this cognotive dissonance seems to fade only when someone has figured out how they could still live happily/or safey while accepting something wasn't what they first believed it to be *.

So as a business or a gov't (especially) it is in your interest and one of your tool's in your arsenal of psychological propoganda (along w/ fear) to help perpetuate desired perceptions and also use opportunity's to strengthen the desired knee jerk assocaition of the word conspiracy (using especially examples that are sensational which in effects takes a random idea and attempts to extrapolate this into a blanket statement covering all "unofficial ideas or perspectives also helps to re-inforce this mental imprint/association)

any thoughts on this, disagrements?

go easy on spelling tonite

(other thread locked /double post)

[edit on 11-4-2008 by cpdaman]

mod-spelling-edit

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Why did you make two different threads about the same thing? Doesn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
You're totally right.

When I was 15, we had the Kennedy conspiracy. At that time, CIA had assets in all major newspapers that were instructed to ridicule anyone who suspected the truth.

Then, when I was 51, we had the WTO/911 conspiracy. Because of that, conspiracy is no longer a dirty word.

The same interest groups (kelley, brown & root/halliburton) who had kennedy killed, are the same groups that did wtc/911.

Primarily, anyone who doubts the WTO/911 conspiracy or the Kennedy conspiracy ...I simply can't trust them at my back ...cause they're the ones running at me with weapons, whether they're guns or words.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
i'm just saying it can be used effectively whenever a desired perception is being threatened and you want to associate nonsense with questioning something that is an important catalyst toward a goal.

seems people are too busy and the mind works in a way that compartmentalizes things, (such as words) , and conspiracy gives this knee-jerk negative connotation i.e i don't want people to asscoiate me with crazy nutty- very smart deterrent- esp. when people have so many things they are otherwise concerned with in their lives.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

I am sure you mean rational thinkers, without the 'e', rationale means justification/motivation.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Years ago, in textbooks i heard, they described things that happened as conspiracies. They have taken that out now, and try to tell us that things happen by accident, and given conspiracy a wrong meaning.

Conspiracies is something that happen every day, and people play there part.

new topics

top topics

join