It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coldest Brown Dwarf Ever Observed: Closing The Gap Between Stars And Planets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Coldest Brown Dwarf Ever Observed: Closing The Gap Between Stars And Planets

www.sciencedaily.com

ScienceDaily (Apr. 10, 2008) — An international team of astronomers has discovered the coldest brown dwarf star ever observed. This finding, to be published in Astronomy & Astrophysics, is a new step toward filling the gap between stars and planets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is interesting to me because of some of the "Dark-Star" theories out there. It could be like one of these. Maybe we have a binary cool dark star.

I don't particularly subscribe to this. But it's interesting to know what could be out there. Your thought?

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
My thought is that consensus doesn't really seem to exist in the scientific community on much of anything, especially anything having to do with space or physics. Even time one question seems to be answered it only brings up 50 new ones. Which to me is really cool!

I've always sucked at math but I immensely enjoy physics and math theories...the ones that I can wrap my head around anyway. Great thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
My thought is that consensus doesn't really seem to exist in the scientific community on much of anything, especially anything having to do with space or physics. Even time one question seems to be answered it only brings up 50 new ones. Which to me is really cool!

I've always sucked at math but I immensely enjoy physics and math theories...the ones that I can wrap my head around anyway. Great thread.

Science is ever evolving. I like it for the lack of static behavior. But this seems to be something pretty interesting to me. They have the South Pole Telescope. They can use it so see if anything is coming from the south, and if it is. Oh, goodie. If it is not..Even better.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I ran into this youtube channel after the first 'vid' (set of photos) was uploaded and have been keeping an eye on it. I give you the link here because the pics are very similar to the one shown on the science daily article.

NibiruShock2012 Channel
www.youtube.com...

There are three vids there now. And this next guy/site breaks down those pics, trying to prove or debunk them... unsure of his qualifications, obviously.

yowusa.com...

[edit on 4/13/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Always interested in new stellar theories, I've looked into this "Brown Dwarf" business and it seems like another piece in the cosmic puzzle of star death and planet formation. Could this be how the planets formed from the star gas rings of our own budding Yellow Giant?

Were we once a "brown dwarf"? A mini-star that, like Jupiter, failed to get going and coalesced into a massive planet? I think we were once a "brown dwarf"- after all, look at all the T**DS running its governments now.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by qxlb52
Always interested in new stellar theories, I've looked into this "Brown Dwarf" business and it seems like another piece in the cosmic puzzle of star death and planet formation. Could this be how the planets formed from the star gas rings of our own budding Yellow Giant?

Were we once a "brown dwarf"? A mini-star that, like Jupiter, failed to get going and coalesced into a massive planet? I think we were once a "brown dwarf"- after all, look at all the T**DS running its governments now.

lol Thas funny...
It has always been said that we will be told that planet X is a Brown Dwarf And ths why we accept it as it approaches....

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Or maybe we really can't see it's approach? Is it possible that the south pole telescope hasn't seen the thing yet because of a weak IR signature?

[edit on 14-4-2008 by projectvxn]

new topics

top topics

join