It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Airlines Terrorist Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
As many may have seen, within the past couple of days, over 1500 American Airline flights have been canceled. The story is that they downed the flights for emergency repairs.
The thing that I noticed though was that...
Never before in history has there been that many flights canceled.
Furthermore no one would simply down the flights and leave all of those people stranded.

That conclusion led me to think it had something to do with homeland security. If something were underway with the use of planes. the best way to stop that from happening would be to down those planes.

Could this be the government stopping a terrorist attack, or at least attempting to?

[edit on 10-4-2008 by Sly62659]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You know, I thought that exact same thing.

I dont know the full story, but standing back and noticing the sheer amount of people being strandard is puzzling.

Are they forcing people to stay IN THE USA?
Are they keeping people out of the air?

What is happening?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Were all of these domestic flights?

The fact that it was all one airline turns off my soncpiracy alarms. Well, unless maybe they're about to go belly-up or be bought out by the guy who owns the WTC or something.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
well there was video of planes being worked on... so im not so sure about terrorist attacks.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
*Puts tinfoil hat securely on head*
Maybe they have found out that a "suspicious person or persons" have been employed by the company doing the maintainance on these aircraft and are having to check all the planes that have been worked on by these people. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
This is normal for safety. Look at when Concord had problems; they grounded 100% of Concord Aircraft.

Also, American Airlines has not cancelled all its flights, just the ones flying MD-80’s aircraft. I have to say, It’s about time that they looked at their wiring and I’m not surprised that so many of their aircrafts have this fault, Having flown many different Airlines all over the world, I still consider American Airlines to be the worst I have ever been on, the planes where filthy, old and practically falling apart, smoke coming out of the engine for the whole 5 hour flight, and the smell of burning in the cabin.

If it was a conspiracy then wouldn’t all flights be cancelled? Not just ones on the particular aircraft, or ones that flow over from cancellations on the particular aircraft?

American Airlines currently has 243 MD-82’s and 93 MD-83’s, all planned to be replaced from 2009 onwards. Most of the MD’s American has had since the 80’s, so it’s expected that by now they are showing wear and tear.

I guess its good they plan on upgrading their planes; let’s hope the plan to do the same with the service.

Mikey

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I think the problem here is the problem with much of our other economic issues in this country. Outsourcing.

www.nytimes.com...
On March 20, United Airlines grounded seven Boeing 747s after the F.A.A. said that a maintenance subcontractor, Korean Airlines, had used a faulty instrument to check cockpit altimeters.

But misgivings about maintenance are growing, especially because of the widespread airline outsourcing of maintenance that used to be done in-house.

Airlines’ use of so-called noncertificated maintenance sites around the world has grown sharply, he and other industry experts say. The sites could well be adequate, but have not yet been evaluated for F.A.A. certification.

Related:

blogs.consumerreports.org...
The growing concern about airline maintenance was highlighted last year in an investigation by Consumer Reports in March 2007 that found two trends profoundly affecting the safety margins: outsourcing of maintenance work and a change in the way the FAA regulates air carriers.

In recent years, more and more heavy maintenance work has been conducted not by the airlines themselves, but by outside repair stations, some of them overseas. At the same time, the FAA is increasingly relying on airlines to police themselves. The FAA uses a statistical system to identify potential problems instead of on-the ground inspections, as in the past.

www.traveldailynews.com...

However, my larger question is why the hell would this work be outsourced to non FAA approved facilities abroad if we are so GD concerned about terrorism
This simply makes no sense, like much of the other things going on. Again... just a small piece of the puzzle being put in place.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
However, my larger question is why the hell would this work be outsourced to non FAA approved facilities abroad if we are so GD concerned about terrorism

Because money trumps everything. Almost everyone is expendable. The average person's well being doesn't count. Even a few lives can go if the trade off in money is great enough. Just how it is.

top topics

join