It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter's Mountain Virginia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ok I managed to get one photo I took uploaded.
Looking from my car towards the entrance.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I've been looking into this stuff for a year so get ready for a ton of info, now and coming across this forum was interesting but,

coldwar-c4i.net...

This is a site I came across trying to find out more about spears mountain in buckingham last year, which was visible from my house and every night you could see light from it in 2015-14? So I really wouldn't call it dead as the site does, also that year I've seen a row of double-bladed helicopters heading towards it multiple times, everyone around the area rumored the place as a nuclear bunker or something alike. I moved to my grandmothers due to family issues which was in gordonsville, now we moved out further but still near the place. Now visiting a friend, she lives somewhere behind peters mountain (at the time I didn't know what it was), (its VA-6 on the map I think) up on a hill. We were out one night sitting on a wall and I noticed the same light it gave off like spears mountain, I asked her about that and she told me a story about her dad asking about the mountain to a cop? And he just asked him if he had been drinking according to her. Also, on the road to Charlottesville from gordonsville that we take the whole range of the mountain is visible, I think one of the roads up to it is but if not then the powerline up ther is obvious. Which can also be seen from google maps if you look so I know it's that. The specific road you can see this on I honestly can't recall the name to but I have images. Buuut idk how to upload them here lol.

So about a year later I remembered spears mountain and decided to google stuff, soon I found that site along with a ton of forums on the thing. Spears mountain seems to be the oldest out there, and while it says it's decommissioned I have seen lights and stuff as stated there the times before so it's hard for me to believe I guess? And honestly it's more secluded around the mountain there, mostly just woods and I also know this from using maps to look at it before.

Now using the map on the site, though it has plenty of images from each base im able to locate them by memory on google maps. Two are out of VA I think, and Idk what it is and I'm pretty loose on theories because I don't like to jump to conclusions, but I really do find this all interesting and I really want to know exactly what it's all used for.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: clairvoyance

Im no longer in the area but did manage to find the entrance. I also think I was able to spot the mountain it was on from a shopping center north of Charlotsville. It seems like you have got a ton of info on the place. I know it's still active having driven to the entrance and seeing a truck exit which scared the hell out of me.

edit on 15-2-2018 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Wait is this anouther site besides the one on peters mountain that you are describing? What mountain is it?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Oh yeah this place does look very similar to peters mountain.

map coordinates 37.566055, -78.810054 or search spears mountain va in google maps.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Just to add it appears that both VA sites have some underground structures and possibly some digital manipulation of the Google images.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The entrance to the spears mountain complex looks to be at the intersection of old 13 road route 607 and Lauras lane heading north up lauras lane.

It appears this complex is in a very rural and secluded area east of Lynchburg.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I know the one I visited is still active and the sign at the road entrance claims that it is a private neighborhood LOL. But a google maps satellite search shows something very different then a neighborhood up that mountain road.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Steps will take you 50 feet underground where they used to have living quarters, a kitchen and more. There is a cylinder for the periscope so that the people 50 feet down under could see what was going on at ground level. "It's almost like being in a submarine," Rann said. The facility was completely self-sustaining, supplying its own power and water. "They had washing machines and dryers," Rann said. "It was like a city," Winn said. "They even had air scrubbers so they could take outside air and bring it in and scrub all the nuclear or bacteria out of the air to make it purified so they could breathe inside."

wset.com...

Some cool pics here:
coldwar-c4i.net...
edit on 16-2-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Not that I am encouraging trespassing, but often "road closed" or "private road" signs are not valid. Either there is no law regarding putting up a fake sign, or no enforcement. I check with the county to see if the road is private.

Typically when a road is private, you can see a line of demarcation where the ownership changes. This is due to different entities maintaining the surface. For example, the county won't pave a private road, so the surface appearance changes.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

At the road going up to peters mountain there are multiple cameras facing the road near the entrance. It looks to be a very long road with switchbacks going up to the facility so any security would have plenty of time to stop me long before I got to facility at the top.

Not to mention when I was researching the instillation on line before I ventured out to find it I read accounts of people going on to the road and being stopped by heavily armed people.

I parked on the side of the road across from the entrance and took pictures with my phone from inside of my jeep. I was reluctant to get out because of the mounted cameras.
I about lost it when I saw a white truck come down the mountain out of the road. I was not expecting to see any vehicles and I thought it was security or something they drove away in the opposite direction that I had come on the road to get to the facility. I was afraid they were going to follow me or something.

So I don't think I would go up that road if you payed me.

edit on 16-2-2018 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It seems like there are plenty of places to get apprehended before even reaching the gate to the facility at the top of the mountain.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

So it looks like spears mountain now belongs to some one. From what I could tell about peters mountain it still looks active and I have no idea who is running it now perhaps at&t because of the logo in the parking lot.

38.124545, -78.287008

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This picture from 2011 looks like there was some serious construction going on there.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Cameras? I live in a town full of cameras. That doesn't mean I can't use the public roads.

I will give you two examples of fake no trespassing signs, both in Nevada. One is to the town of Tybo. When er um someone reported the sign to the authorities, it got knocked down. The other sign is on the way to the top of Haligan Mesa. The first US government property sign is fake. Since it leads to an actual government facility, the county is a little reluctant to remove the sign, but no one stops me when I drive on the road.

What I am saying is you check with authorities about the legality of the sign. I didn't say just ignore the sign. Invite your local TV station for the ride should the road not be private. Security forces are extremely reluctant to illegally block the free movement of a person since that can be interpreted as false imprisonment.

Some ranchers in Nevada like to chain off the road to the land they LEASE. The BLM will come with bolt cutters and take care of the problem.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Well given what you do out west you are probably more experienced and gutsy then I am. Unfortunately the picture is over a year old and I'm no longer living in that area so not much of a chance of returning to it.

If my friend moves back to Cville and I go visit him maybe I will give it another go.

We can look into the legality of the no trespassing and if were brave enough challenge the road to the top I'm sure he would be down I'm the more cautious one when it comes to these things.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I've always been curious about this place, so I drove up as far as I could to the top a few weeks ago. There wasn't much to see. Every telephone pole going up there had a camera on it. I eventually came to a gate arm (38.123443, -78.289207) and no people around. I did find it odd that there were two landscaping trucks sitting at the pullout beside the gate. I turned around and went back down and saw a white van heading up. Other than that, I never saw another person. I was too chicken to take pictures or videos, but if I go up again, I will. I live in the area, so if anybody needs any recon, let me know!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What do you wish hto know? I worked on that project in 2010. Yes, the no trespassing signs are not only real, they are legal. Do not travel that road unless you wish to be stopped and firmly.
a reply to: muzz

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: morenone
I've always been curious about this place, so I drove up as far as I could to the top a few weeks ago. There wasn't much to see. Every telephone pole going up there had a camera on it. I eventually came to a gate arm (38.123443, -78.289207) and no people around. I did find it odd that there were two landscaping trucks sitting at the pullout beside the gate. I turned around and went back down and saw a white van heading up. Other than that, I never saw another person. I was too chicken to take pictures or videos, but if I go up again, I will. I live in the area, so if anybody needs any recon, let me know!

Wow you are a lot braver then me.

I guess the rumored stories of being ambushed by armed guards was enough to keep me from going up that road.

Though my roommate at the time joked that we should go up the road pretending to be pizza delivery guys that got lost.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join