It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy photos reveal 'secret launch site' for Iran's long-range missiles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Spy photos reveal 'secret launch site' for Iran's long-range missiles

www.timesonline.co.uk

The secret site where Iran is suspected of developing long-range ballistic missiles capable of reaching targets in Europe has been uncovered by new satellite photographs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
So is this what will ignite the reasoning for an attack on Iran? I thought they didn't have any nuclear sites for advancing ballistic missile nuclear capabilities? Which is it? Do they or don't they? With all the recent talk of not ruling out a preemptive strike against Iran, maybe they will use this photo as evidence of Iran's danger to the US.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Where exactly did you read the word "nuclear" in the article?

You may think it is some easy connection to make but they would need a warhead from somewhere and don't think that the U.S. would not be aware of it.

No big deal without the nuclear component, they only need reach Israel anyway.

No nuke, no U.S. pre-emptive action.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Well, whether nuclear or not, I do not think any missile that would be towards israel would have a good result for either party. There have still been conflicting reports about their true nuclear capabilities. Didn't McCain just recently say that he would not rule-out a preemptive war?

[edit on 4/10/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It doesn't seem like much of a secret if we know about it.. I'd think they would at least try to hide it a little better, if that's what it's truly intended for.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

NO they do have a site to launch missles from, but they really don't, but they do, and they do not, and there it is so they do, so lets attack them, and now they don't. WHo cares? It's all about the oil.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This just in...
US Government discovers Google Earth, wonders what these three buildings are, assumes the worst.

Come on people. Notice the only photos available have lower resolution than Google can give you? Wanna know why? Because there's nothing there to worry about... but cool zoomed out satellite pictures look daunting and official.

I could show todays idiots pictures of the UN building, and claim it's a secret terrorist research building... and I bet you they'd buy it and even make a case for war out of it.

On top of that... WHO CARES?! So what if Iran may or may not have a nuke? What are they going to do with it? Deter countries from attacking them like the rest of us?

The US just wants to be the only country who can nuke another country without fear of retaliation. Plain and simple.
Get rid of the nukes in the US, only then can the world start feeling a little safer.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Is Iran not allowed missiles, or have i missed something?

Who cares if Iran has missile launch sites. Most of them are on mobile launchers anyway. They are a sovereign nation and have a right to defend themselves.

All articles like this do is try to paint a picture of a country that is just itching to attack others; when the reality is that it couldn't be further from the truth. A photo revealing that Iran has a military isn't something that should send shivers up the back of a reasonable and well informed person.

It's just nothing but propoganda.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Euroche
Is Iran not allowed missiles, or have i missed something?

Who cares if Iran has missile launch sites. Most of them are on mobile launchers anyway. They are a sovereign nation and have a right to defend themselves.

All articles like this do is try to paint a picture of a country that is just itching to attack others; when the reality is that it couldn't be further from the truth. A photo revealing that Iran has a military isn't something that should send shivers up the back of a reasonable and well informed person.

It's just nothing but propoganda.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Not to flame but a "reasonable and well informed person" would realize that Iran isn't just another country.
-----
Have you ever wondered why the seperation of Church and State makes good sense?
-----
Now granted, we could argue that Amadenajad just talks smack and doesn't mean a word he says. But a reasonable person could at least consider that it is possible he means some percentage of what he says.
---He feels that he has the burden or honor or calling or whatever, to do the bidding of Alah and bring about the end of times and the final battle between good and evil. If this dude really believes it and has the capability to do it....well then, shouldn't there be some concern?
---------
I know he doesn't call the shots really, and it is the Mulah's that do, but I don't know what those guys are thinking either. I think they are a bit annoyed that Amad. is drawing too much attention from the West before they are ready to do what ever they feel their religion calls for.
--------
The point is....Iran is not North Korea or China or any other "propaganda" for war justification country. Iran is the real deal and even though we have cried wolf too many times since 9/11, don't put the blinders on to a real and credible wolf.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If I were an Iraqi, I would be scared stiff that the U.S. might preemptively attack Iraq - just like we did with Iran when we attacked them, knowing they had no WMD's.

And if I were the Iraqi govt., I'd want as much war equipment as I could gather together just for self-protection. Why shouldn't Iran have the right to nuclear weapons, just like the rest of us? There was no problem with Iran or Iraq and the U.S. until the U.S. decided to invade Iraq and talk big about invading Iran. These are sovereign nations and fully legitimate in trying to arm themselves for protection from rogue countries like the U.S.

Just because Iran is a Moslem theocracy, of which some are fanatics, it doesn't mean they're any different from any other brand of idealogues/fanatics or that they're any more dangerous than other extremist or dictatorial nation.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Not to flame but a "reasonable and well informed person" would realize that Iran isn't just another country.

I'm afraid it is just another country.

A country that has been under sustained attack one way or another ever since the 1950's.

Have you ever wondered why the seperation of Church and State makes good sense?

And what's this got to do with the post?

I wouldn't exactly hold the US up as the perfect example of a seperation of Church and State. Your own president admitted that it was god that told him to invade Iraq.

Now granted, we could argue that Amadenajad just talks smack and doesn't mean a word he says. But a reasonable person could at least consider that it is possible he means some percentage of what he says.

It depends on whether that reasonably informed person is reasonably informed to a degree that pushes past propoganda and mistranslations and bases his opinions on information and facts.

---He feels that he has the burden or honor or calling or whatever, to do the bidding of Alah and bring about the end of times and the final battle between good and evil. If this dude really believes it and has the capability to do it....well then, shouldn't there be some concern?

A perfect example of propoganda.

Christians are also very keen on the apocalypse. No doubt George and his pals aren't seen in this light by your good self.

I know he doesn't call the shots really, and it is the Mulah's that do, but I don't know what those guys are thinking either. I think they are a bit annoyed that Amad. is drawing too much attention from the West before they are ready to do what ever they feel their religion calls for.

Ahmedinejad doesn't call the shots. The Mullahs have been in power for a long time and are very clever. They are not going to relinquish power and they certainly aren't suicidal or mad. If anything Irans actions in the middle east show a deft hand that is measured and intelligent.

Personally i don't trust the neocons. They back up their rhetoric with action and despite #ing up still want to continue their murderous policies.

The point is....Iran is not North Korea or China or any other "propaganda" for war justification country. Iran is the real deal and even though we have cried wolf too many times since 9/11, don't put the blinders on to a real and credible wolf.

The real wolf is the United States. Actually, wolf isn't really fitting. Shark would be more appropriate.

Your post screams of ignorance and brainwashing.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The real wolf is not the US, as they TELL the entire global community the capability that they have militarily against any threat worldwide.

Iran is creating a missle system that could bring ww3 to a global scale. If they fired a missle at Israel, which is not something that is out of the question when this is complete, it would bring a war to that region that has not been seen in ages. They are the agreesor, not the US. I am tired of that rhetoric. I

I do not see peopl in the streets of the US calling to kill all Iranians. Nope, don;t see it. But I do see radical islam and other groups in the US protesting against the US. I mean, if we were that bad we would shoot those assholes on the spot.

If Iran continues an aggressive campaign and wants to be a big boy in the global community, then they need to be ready to be slapped.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
A couple of questions. If this is a "secret site" how did thjis "secret" get out? Secondly, if the military has pictures of a "secret site" why would they release them to the media? Aren't they big on keeping secrets? Sorry, 3 questions.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
The real wolf is not the US, as they TELL the entire global community the capability that they have militarily against any threat worldwide.

As if that makes it any better?

We are talking about a nation here that has invaded and occupied two nations, and threatened many more. This is a nation that sanctions others; and then cajoles to rest into going along for the ride.

The US is not just a wolf. It is the leader of the pack. It is the King Pin and acts like a Mafia with a law unto itself.

Iran is creating a missle system that could bring ww3 to a global scale. If they fired a missle at Israel, which is not something that is out of the question when this is complete, it would bring a war to that region that has not been seen in ages. They are the agreesor, not the US. I am tired of that rhetoric. I

You are brainwashed. Iran already has missiles that can hit Israel and has had them for a while.

The US is the aggressor and has been in the region for a long time. I find this hard to believe that you try and paint Iran as the evil-doer when it is the US - 6000 miles - away that has travelled half way across the world to invade and occupy two of Irans neighbours.

Remember it was the US that overthrew the democratically elected government of Iran in 1953. It was the US that supplies bombs and ammunition for Israel to use on civilians. It was the US that supported and armed saddam with the chemical weapons to use on Iranian and kurdish civilians.

You need to put down the patriotic hash pipe and inform yourself.

I do not see peopl in the streets of the US calling to kill all Iranians. Nope, don;t see it. But I do see radical islam and other groups in the US protesting against the US. I mean, if we were that bad we would shoot those assholes on the spot.

Oh really.

So you've never heard of Americans saying the Middle East should be turned into a parking lot?

If Iran continues an aggressive campaign and wants to be a big boy in the global community, then they need to be ready to be slapped.

Lol at Irans aggressive campaign.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Euroche]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

anyone could get that up on google maps
and whats so secret about it?

get planeman and we could prob get the whole defence
of the place

also is anyone supprised the missiles are aimed at Israel?
and what are the the chances Israel has the same thing going on?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Euroche

Brainwashed by who? Iran was brought to power by the US, jsut as Saudi Arabia was. However, radical influenece has been encountered in the last 30 years in each area that the US helped at one time. Helped, not created.

During that time increased resentment has been created against the West. If you do not believe that, you are not brainwashed but diluded. Ever hear of the Iran hostage-crisis? They have not evolved politically in any manner since then.

Sure, Iran will accept technology just as countries did in ww2, provideing parts to the Germans to keep the war going. However, I don;t see any of you people protesting the war out at a VW or MErcedes dealership wondering why that if 10's of thousands of our tropps were killed with mechanics that came from thier factories, why are they here.

There is business and there is war. Sad part is that they both fund each other and the loser is the mother that sednd her child to war and whose husband pasy 4.00 a galloin for deisel/

Brainwashed...far from it but doi we as a nation roll over. Sorry, that is not going to happen.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So are these "secret" spy photos from the same sources as the Bush administration's photos of "mobile biological weapons factories" (old cargo trailers) and all the other crap Colin Powell made a fool of himself showing to the U.N., that has been completely debunked?

Why are America, Israel, etc. allowed to point missiles at people, and why should we not expect those countries we openly target not to do the same in defense?

What makes our constant military buildup, adventurism, interference in other countries' political processes, training of terrorist guerillas to overthrow legitimately elected governments, refinement and construction of nuclear/biological/chemical weapons, sale of advanced weapons to "allied" nations, open threats against the peoples of sovereign nations, and of course, vast military/industrial secrecy so much more "valid" than anyone else's?

Why is it legitimate for the United States of America to do all of these things, and why are we surprised when other nations get upset about it and build stronger defenses in case we come after them--which in many cases, we openly threaten to do?

Or do the gung-ho types here honestly believe only WE have a right to self-defense and self-determination?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Brainwashed by who? Iran was brought to power by the US, jsut as Saudi Arabia was. However, radical influenece has been encountered in the last 30 years in each area that the US helped at one time. Helped, not created.

Incorrect. We did create political systems in Iran and Saudi Arabia that were friendly to US business interests. How do you think we got so much oil for so little money back in the 50s and 60s? We installed puppets.

During that time increased resentment has been created against the West. If you do not believe that, you are not brainwashed but diluded. Ever hear of the Iran hostage-crisis? They have not evolved politically in any manner since then.

The Iran Hostage-crisis was a direct result of our meddling in Iranian affairs. The Iranian people rose up against the Shah (our puppet) and installed a religious bureaucracy that they wanted. As for the crisis itself, I believe, and I think there's evidence to support this, that most (if not all) of it was a CIA false flag operation to discredit Carter as a capable leader during the 1980 election, thus ensuring pro-MIC Reagan would clinch the White House.

As for Iran's political evolution, that's for the Iranians to decide. Not you, not Dick Cheney, not George W. Bush. If they want American-style "freedom" they can take it for themselves. We can't bring them freedom at the point of a gun--that's worked so well in Iraq and Afghanistan, hasn't it?

Sure, Iran will accept technology just as countries did in ww2, provideing parts to the Germans to keep the war going. However, I don;t see any of you people protesting the war out at a VW or MErcedes dealership wondering why that if 10's of thousands of our tropps were killed with mechanics that came from thier factories, why are they here.

What exactly are you trying to say here?

There is business and there is war. Sad part is that they both fund each other and the loser is the mother that sednd her child to war and whose husband pasy 4.00 a galloin for deisel/

One point where we agree. So why do you keep cheerleading for war?

Brainwashed...far from it but doi we as a nation roll over. Sorry, that is not going to happen.

Since when is "diplomacy" rolling over? Do you just haul off and sucker-punch everyone you think looks at you wrong? Would you think such a thing was right to do? Is that what you teach your children? Or do you teach them to talk their problems over, and only fight back when they've been directly attacked? If you teach your kids the latter, then you have to understand it works that way for nations as well. Just as we shouldn't "roll over" when we're actually *attacked*, we also shouldn't run around the playground PICKING fights.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The US has "helped" in the sense that Stalin "helped" Russia; or Hitler "helped" Germany; or Pinochet "helped" Chile.

Creating utter chaos and instability in the region in not "helping" in any way, shape or form. Financing war; sustaining brutal regimes; condoning terror and undermining demoracy are all trats of the US "helping" in the middle east.

Why do you think that resentment exists?

Do you know why the hostage crisis happened?
I'll clue you in. It all started in 1953 when the democratically elected leader Mossadegh was overthrown in a CIA sponsored coup because he chose to nationalise the oil - oil that the we were getting real cheap. This led to the imposition of the Shah, who presided over a dictatorship that bought loads of weapons from the UK and the US while making civilians in Iran "dissapear". Many thousands of people died and were repressed as a result. The US was instrumental in putting down many of the protests against the Shah and it was the US embassy in many cases that took part in identifying protest leaders and having them locked up and tortured. It was the CIA that trained the Iranian secret police at the time.

Naturally when the Iranian revolution happened there was alot of resentment to the US. They didn't storm the embassy for the hell of it or because they hate freedom. It was because the US embassy was the place where repression emanated from. The US was the source of the Shahs power.

The problem is that you don't know what you are talking about. You think that the "islamo-fascists" hate you for your freedom and the rest is black and white. You don't seem to understand the complex history and relationship between the US and Iran and the way it has fashioned the national consciousness of Iran.

This is where you fail again.

You are constantly trying to compare Iran to nazi germany and the US as some sort of neville chamberlain. This couldn't be further from the truth.

If you want to find a true expansionist power you better start looking at home. If anything the international community is appeasing the United States in its quest for absolute hegemony in the middle east. This is the real cause of ethics going out the window in favour of business. Nobody wants to upset the US because they fear losing their business interest in the US.

The sad part is that thousands of people have died as a result of the greed of those that are trying to steal the national resources of another nation.

You should be bloody thankful that you are paying 4.00 dollars a gallon for Diesel and not 10.

How is the US rolling over?

You make it sound like Iran has invading Mexico and Canada, and now is threatening to invade the US.

You need to get a grip of reality and realise that just because Iran resists US aggression it doesn't make it evi

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Euroche]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Iran missle site scam

Source: WhatReallyHappened - Mike Rivero

RELATED: Spy photos reveal ’secret launch site’ for Iran’s long-range missiles
Folks, remember all those photos the mainstream media showed us that were claimed to be Iraqi WMD sites? Then after the invasion they turned out to be rather benign? (In one case, a building marked as a biological weapons lab on a US photo turned out to be a bakery.)

Then there was the photo of an Iraqi nuclear facility that a sharp-eyed Google Earth user recognized as actually being in another country entirely?

With that sordid history in mind, let us take a real look at the photo from this article, which purports to show where Iran is "developing long-range ballistic missiles capable of reaching targets in Europe".

See any launch pads?

See any actual rockets?

See any trucks able to carry rockets?

See any rocket fuel trucks or storage tanks?

See any roads strong enough to hold heavy trucks with heavy rockets?

Read the entire article. The "evidence" that this is a facility to build long range rockets rests solely on the fact that the building is the same size and shape (rectangle) as a building the Chinese use to make a rocket. Talk about a clincher!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join