It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden's 'right-hand man' set for life on British tax payers backs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Bin Laden's 'right-hand man' set for life on British tax payers backs.

www.liveleak.com

Yesterday's decision has left Britain's anti-terror laws in tatters. It means the Jordanian father of five - who has been linked to a string of global terror conspiracies and is held in a high security prison under immigration powers - can expect to receive £1,000 a month in handouts.

The taxpayer also faces a bill of tens of thousand of pounds to keep the hate-filled cleric under 24-hour surveillance by security services under a control order unless a last-ditch Home Office appeal is granted by the House of Lords. Even if it is, Qatada could appeal again, to the European Court of Human Rights.

Yesterday the Court of Appeal said Qatada could stay because evidence used against him in any prosecution in his native Jordan may have been obtained by torture - a breach of the European Convention on Human Rights.

At the same time, 12 Libyan fanatics were cleared to remain in Britain for the rest of their lives by a second human rights ruling. They include an asylum seeker considered a "real and direct threat" to security who had a map marked with the flightpath to Birmingham Airport.

The rulings mean that - despite Tony Blair's promise in the immediate aftermath of the 7/7 attacks that the "rules of the game have changed" - not a single international terrorist has been forcibly removed from this country.

Almost three years on, the only Islamic fanatics to depart are eight Algerians who went voluntarily.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Is just me or are they making a joke of the court systems. I mean MI6 can't do a secret snatch and grab and say they don't know what happened. Just blame it on the CIA we know they do those things all the time and plead innocent. I mean you had CIA torture flights using your airports just sneek him on a plane.

www.liveleak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join