It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's your favorite comedy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MetalSphere

It is hard to pick a favorite. let's just drop a grenade on this whole thread.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-4-2008 by MrsEsterhouse]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Is this politically incorrect?

Cheech and Chong are certainly dated today, but at the time, I thought they were pretty funny. I guess you can tell that I'm easily amused.
Perhaps that's why I spend so much time on this board.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Little Nicky
Young Frankenstein
Elf
Napoleon Dynamite
Hot Fuzz
Shaolin Soccer
The Original Pink Panther

I found all of those hysterical.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Its hard to pick a favorite, but if I had too, I'd probably say Ace Ventura, both are equally hilarious. Jim Carrey at his finest.

Some others:

Run Ronnie Run
Half baked
All the Monty Python flicks
Spaceballs

and so many more

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have a lot of favorites and will list them. I also didn't really like a lot of Steve Martin's early work. I think the humor tried to hard to be silly, although I still find parts of them amusing. Mel Brooks' early work was his best, with his later work being mildly amusing as there is no such thing as a terrible MB movie.

Mel Brooks:
Blazing Saddles
Silent Movie
Young Frankenstein

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Steve Martin:
Bowfinger
LA Story
All of Me
Roxanne

Airplane! (silly jokes and groaners, but funny and Leslie Nielsen was a serious actor until this movie)
S.O.B. (A hilarious movie about show business)
Victor, Victoria (a wonderful farce with the late great Robert Preston)
Any early Marx Brothers movie (many injokes for its time)
Mad4 World (loved it as a kid, appreciate it as an adult)
The Naked Gun Series (Leslie Nielsen is hilarious)

There are many others I can't think of, and many of the ones the other posters posted I liked.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The most recent film I've seen where I nearly wet myself was Knocked Up. The best scene for me was at the circus in Vegas and they're tripping on shrooms.

"No! Don't clap! You'll make him fall!!!"
Man, I laughed so loud at that.

Also, when they're in the hotel room and that guy (can't remember his name) is loving the chairs, and then he gets "dark vibes" from one of them!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Another of my favorites is Dogma

This scene cracks me up.

It's Buddy Christ...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
My Favorite Comedy is Space balls.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I love anything Will Ferrel. Also Superbad, Knocked Up, Step Brothers, Clerks 1 and 2.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The old Marx's bother movies always make me laugh no matter how many times I've seen them. Classic jocularity at it's best.

....and running in a close second place is the always irreverent Monty python movies. one point in my life I could rattle off every line of Monty python and the holy grail like I wrote it. A few times I actually had dreams of monty python skits, actors included. I wish I wrote them down,they were so funny they woke me up.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
super troopers
spaceballs

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Blazing Saddles....seriously, you can't go 2 minutes without laughing at something. Soda came out of my nose the first time I saw it....

Mel Brooks is a genius of course....I mean Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs, etc.

I love the Airplane! movies too....big fan of spoofs, for just really laugh out loud funny...

For more "grown-up" comedy, Wedding Crashers was the first movie to make me laugh hard in a long time, as was Superbad and Role Models.

If you ever have the chance, and you're a kid of the 80's, rent Wet Hot American Summer....great cast, and man does that one bring you back...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Bruce Almighty
Scary movie - Only the first one though.
Borat
American pie - All of them

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Laurel & Hardy
Airplane
King Pin
Family Guy
Enter the Dragon
Spaced
Shaun of the Dead
Jason Statham movies

Guilty Secrets
50 First Dates
Raymond
King of Queens
Bernie Mac

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
dogma absolutely owns.....so does the jerk.

best line of the jerk was at the beginning...."i was raised a poor black man"....bwuahahahah...and he's white...

for those that like john candy check out a movie called summer rental. he rents a summer house on the beach but it is not what he thinks...

i just watched pineapple express last night. that was pretty funny.
borat was good.
knocked up
lebowski of course

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
SONOFA!!

and

THAT'S GONNA LEAVE A MARK!!

You got it yet??
www.imdb.com...
Tommy Boy is an absolutely great comedy film.
Chris Farley is like the thinking man's Jack Black.

Tommy: "Does this suit make me look fat?"
Richard: "No, your face does."

[edit on 27-2-2009 by AGENT_T]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Those kinds of movies just rub me the wrong way...
Tommy Boy, Ace Ventura, Dumb and Dumber...I'd rather take a shotgun to them (as a mercy killing) than watch them...they're just too unbelievably stupid....

In a farce (like Airplane), where everything is silly, it's one thing, but when only one character is the farce...just doesn't seem to work for me...but that's just a personal bias (their box office success indicates I'm in the minority)..

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I find this is hilarious!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
A Dirty Shame by John Waters, with an amazing cast starring Johnny knoxville...a funny film about head injury causing sex addiction(not so off the wall)

Reviewwww.montrealmirror.com...

Johnny on John

>> Jackass star/gay icon Johnny Knoxville talks about starring in John Waters' A Dirty Shame

by MATTHEW HAYS

The first thing that strikes you about Johnny Knoxville when you sit down to talk with him is just how damn sexy he is. Pumping up his latest project at the Toronto International Film Festival, he's wearing worn Levi's, a ripped shirt, tube socks with blue and yellow stripes and torn up runners. Then he smiles with that toothy, raunchy grin and starts talking about all those gay fans.

"Yeah, Jackass was real gay," he says, laughing. "Out magazine gave me the coolest straight guy of the year award a few years back, and The Advocate just put me on their cover - I'm wearing a white sailor's outfit. I guess I have become a gay icon. I wore rainbow flags on my helmet in the Jackass movie. How do you get away from it? Ten guys, mostly naked, touching each other, things going in and out of holes. How do you run away from it? You don't! You champion it!"

Knoxville is still remembered primarily as the creative force behind Jackass, the MTV series and feature film phenomenon, despite his having launched a successful film acting career. Now he's done what many fans might have considered inevitable: Knoxville is starring in the new John Waters film, A Dirty Shame. Knoxville and Waters, two of the most famous gross-out artists in pop culture history, joining forces? It's a marriage made in heaven - or hell, depending on who you're rooting for in the upcoming American election.

"When I was 13 I saw my first John Waters movie," Knoxville recalls. "It was Pink Flamingos. I was like, ‘Oh my god!' You don't get a lot of entertainment like that back home in Tennessee. I became an instant fan. To get to work with him is beyond any expectations I could have had growing up. He's one of my heroes. The fact that he really liked Jackass and called us sexual anarchists - that's like being knighted, when John Waters gives you a title."

[edit on 28-2-2009 by HulaAnglers]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join