It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recalling dreams for information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
About two months ago I had a very vivid dream in which I was shown various maps. These were extremely detailed and were not of earth. While I have an active imagination, the level of details on these were beyond my typical dreams. After I woke, I tried to draw them out, but my arms and hands were numb and I could barely even hold the pen. But I still remember small, out-of-focus parts to this day.

I am looking to recall these dreams to see if they are, in fact, just dreams or something else. I am not a fan of hypnosis at all, so I am wondering if there are other, personal methods I can use to try and recapture these images.

MM

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Mate, if this isn't a 'Loaded' thread nothing is. They all start out this way in the high expectation that someone will fulfill their fantastical ambitions of being an abductee/contactee.

If you truly believed it was just a weird dream and that maybe you pinched some nerves in your arms whilst sleeping (highly probable) - you wouldn't be posting this story so forget the disclaimers... Yawn!

You will get a plethora of people - no doubt - that will tell you exactly what you want to hear in order to validate their own stories and agendas - but whether it has any relevance to the truth, anything beyond wishful thinking is an entirely different story!

In short - your having lucid dreams. Don't become part of the crowd that has a major disconnect between themselves and their brains. We see it all to regularly here - and it never goes anywhere positive or helpful to your mental health.

IRM

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Don't even start. There is absolutely nothing loaded about this - I have no fantastical story to tell, no wild story, just a dream I am looking to figure out.

I'm not making any wild accusations and if you look through my other posts, I am a skeptic questioning the wild speculations I read all over this board.

I am merely looking to see what this particular dream was about - if it was just a dream, or possibly more. Two months later this is still powerful. This is the only dream in 40+ years of my life to be this lasting and poignant - I'm not some punk kid with a fascination with being abducted.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mcmartinson

Well I guess if it is just a dream (as you say) that you are trying to make sense of, why post in Aliens/UFOs? Perhaps a different area of the board would have been more appropriate? Unless, of course you want affirmative answers from the UFO/Alien crowd? Perhaps try someone who specializes in dreams and metaphors who is neutral to the topic. That way your answers won't be 'colored'.

I have had a few lucid dreams that have stuck with me throughout my life too but I wouldn't post them here. I take my own meaning (spiritual or otherwise) from them and keep them personal because I wouldn't want someone (who essentially doesn't know me, and I don't know them) to pollute something very personal/special. I just wouldn't trust some of the personality types at this forum because they will wish their own agenda upon you.

That's all I'm saying mate!

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I posted in that forum simply because I couldn't find a 'dreams' specific fourm. Apparently it has been moved to the appropriate forum by the mods now - which is apparently in the BTS section which I didn't look at.

top topics

join