It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

money grubbers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FightDPower
where do i get the ats ad blocker plus. i want block it ALL

As a member of ATS you've agreed not to use ad blocking software when using this site.
If you do want AdBlock Plus you need to have the Firefox browser and download it as an extension from add-ons in the tools section.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Actually,this is really odd but I'm just getting a new 'Orange' popup that's blocking off the first few tabs occasionally now in the top left..

It doesn't cover 'recent posts' so it's not a big deal but it is kind of bugging me.
(Signed in too)..

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
We must use thousands of dollars worth of bandwidth a month but we never have to pay a dime for it thanks to those ads.

We all agreed to NOT block them when we signed up just for that very reason.

[edit on 12-4-2008 by Rackham]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
We all get a banner ad at the top of the page, and ads down the right side of the pages we view, but so far none of these ads have caused pop-ups for me. If you run a tight ship as far as anti-virus and some basic scans you won't have the problem.

Tight ships me hearties!

Yo ho ho and follow the link to another thread's post to be discoverin' how:

How to "surf" a tight ship!

But remember, don't block the ads here or you'll be keel-hauled, quartered and fed to the fish!

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I'm not entirely sure how ATS makes it's money on the ads.

Page views ?
Number of ads served ?
Number of ads clicked on ?

I know, but I'll not be sayin'...

Yargh!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

You need to run a virus/ad ware scan if you are getting pop ups. We don't serve them at all. It doesn't matter if you are logged in or not, ATS doesn't serve pop ups period.

There are dozens of ways to get a piece of "mal ware" that will cause pop ups no matter what site you are surfing.

These nasty little bits of code that cause pop ups can be placed on your computer via email, or surfing a site that doesn't manage its ads properly.
They typically won't execute the pop ups until long after you've left the site you got the code on or, in the case of the email version, until you are on one of the sites you have saved in your bookmarks/favorites folder of your browser.

I had one of these and the only way to get rid of them is by using security software that scans specifically for adware/malware. Using an anti virus program that only scans for viral code and worms isn't going to get the job done.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks for the reply and the u2u too.
Stoopid me didn't have the latest update from spybot installed.

It was a ZLOB dloader/ad rotator... As you said from another site.
Now resolved and back to all tabs showing.

I was being a bit over careful before attacking the ad since I read about the ad blocker rule on ATS.
:bash::bash:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join