It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Station 3d - The IMAX Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I'm not sure how many of you got to see the movie Space Station 3d (or-non 3d), but I saw the 3d version a couple times because it was almost like you were there.

For those of you that didn't see it, the astronauts of several different missions are given IMAX cameras to take up & show the different stages of assembly of the space station.

During one of the sequences they show the astronauts doing a space walk hooking up cables and aligning a satellite dish. The comment they made was this is so we can "Phone Home". Of course that was take of the movie E.T. , but what I thought was kind of strange was that the satellite dish wasn't pointed towards the Earth.

Of course they could have later moved the orientation of the dish or maybe they bounce the signal off another satellite etc.

Still though I walked away thinking are they trying to tell us something. I guess I could write NASA & they will probably give me a simple explanation, such as it wasn't aligned yet. I Just found it funny that they mentioned "phone home" & clearly showed the dish not pointed at earth.

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by outsider]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'm going to go see in in March. It looks great. Not like there are any bad IMAX films; the ones I have seen have all been great. My two favorites being DESTINY IN SPACE and MISSION to MIR.

Glad to hear this one gets a good review from you.

regards,

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I saw the Space Station 3D imax movie about a year ago... It is simply AMAZING! You really feel tension when out on the space walk.. hoping you dont loose your grip and start floating away into space...

I hope it starts showing here again, once wasnt enough! This has got to be the biggest bang for your buck, when it comes to simulating a space mission.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Calculon386]

new topics

join