It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants to end the "War on Drugs"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think we all know it is a long running war, highlighted only by failure. It is beyond time to end it. Time to end the incarceration of these non-violent "criminals." Only criminal because of our ridiculous laws, mainly due to big business and other hidden agendas. Putting away fathers, mothers, sons and daughters... breaking up the family unit. All just part of the design some would suggest. I would be neglectful to not mention the wasted tax-payer money on this War on Drugs is probably more than what we've spent on this other current sham of a war.

So... plain and simple... here's the answer...

www.abovepolitics.com...

Note to Mods: This will be my final Candidate Advocacy thread. I am simply trying to reach the whole audience and those spending alot of time at ATS need to be informed of this man. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Visit the first link for a look at all the issues...

www.rootforamerica.com...
*The war on drugs is a failure- this is one of the biggest wastes of taxpayer money. Let's start with legalization of medical marijuana- this is a states' rights issue. The federal government has no constitutional right to interfere in this issue versus states that have approved the use of medical marijuana by individuals.

From Wayne's blog...
www.rootforamerica.com...
The War on Drugs- It's Time for Dramatic Reform!
Thursday, April 3, 2008, 07:26 AM

My name is Wayne Root. I am seeking the Libertarian Party nomination for President of the United States. I am also the right person at the right time to fight the completely senseless U.S. prohibition on drugs commonly referred to as the "war on drugs"- particularly marijuana.

It is time to admit that the present war on drugs is a colossal failure and a waste of lives and taxpayer monies.

When asked my views on the war on drugs I say simply, "The only thing “the War on Drugs” has accomplished is empower the very worst people in our society with enormous wealth- which they have used to corrupt our government bureaucrats and law enforcement officials, as well as our most cherished institutions that guarantee our freedoms. It has to be reformed."

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

"The only thing “the War on Drugs” has accomplished is empower the very worst people in our society with enormous wealth- which they have used to corrupt our government bureaucrats and law enforcement officials, as well as our most cherished institutions that guarantee our freedoms

Which is why it will never end. Powerful people are getting rich off of it. The middle class and below, the people who want it to end, are powerless to stop it.

It will end at the same time as the war on terror. When the country collapses and has to start over. The people in power won't have it any other way.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hiyah Rabbit,

I clicked on the ATS thread you put in your OP....said Error, no longer available...

My comment about the war on drugs...it's ludicrous. Supply and demand. There's always going to be a demand, therefore, never will be solved.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

I think the war on drugs needs to be narrowed down to coc aine and meth. I don't bleieve all is being done to rid this nation of meth, and coc aine seemed to have all but disappeared around here, and now it is becoming prevalent again. They can stop all the crappola over marijuana, it should never have been placed on a list with hard drugs anyway. I know there are deaths over pot too, but not from using it, and the deaths are a result of a black market, if it were legalized that market would be no more.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Thank you
It's a bad link b/c "politics" was merged with "top secret" and it was moved. It was the link to my original thread for Wayne Root. And here it is...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looking forward to see what November brings... (if we get there).

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Aug 22nd 2018 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

join