It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowds 'pick leaders to follow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
People in crowds behave just like sheep, scientists claim, by blindly following one or two people who seem to know where they are going.

Like ants, humans are easily led
Researchers at Leeds University believe their findings could have important applications, notably in the management of disasters.

The study found that people, like sheep, can be easily led
The team, led by Prof Jens Krause, conducted a series of experiments in which volunteers were told to walk randomly around a large hall without talking to each other. A select few were then given more detailed instructions. Continued..

Full Article

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well Yale did a study on babies going toward a more positive person versus a bad which came out to be true. The test used multiple babies and men using testing standards.

Another interesting area is mob mentality.

There is a theory of control within mass that the leader is the masses puppet and it is all based on sub conscious feelings and attitudes of that current time. A theory relative to this dates pretty far back on a leader controlling masses.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

LLoyd, thanks for sharing that information. I agree that people are being mislead like sheep, these days.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

My boyfriend, God Bless him, never believes anything I tell him. He owns a small grocery store way out in the country.

I keep telling him ahead of times what will be going on with fuel, and grocery prices way ahead of what is reported on MSM.

He said to me today, "you know honey, Sam's club in the east coast is limiting people to 4 bags of rice per purchase."

I just sort of winked, and he said, "yes, you forwarned me of this."

Thanks, ATS!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
That's why I'd like to see the two party system ( Dem's & Rep ) go away. Everyone needs to be their own individual and not have a party to join. Of course you tell that to the government and you'll go missing. LLoyd45 thanks for the thread because I've been thinking about this for awhile now and my co-worker & I have talked about it. I honestly feel when it comes to groups you lose your way at becoming an individual. You got gangs, mobs, white supremest, black panthers, etc... And look at religion, it follows the same idea of joining the group and being lead astray. If you long for God or not study yourself, don't join a religion. Why do people have to say they are Atheist or Baptist or any name? I just say I'm still searching and living my journey.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

I could not agree with you more. I have found both Democratic and Repuclican parties to be detrimental to life, in the years that I have been able to vote. I have never voted either party, always for whomever is the independant party.

People tell me that is stealing votes from one party or another, but to me it is a protest.

If people think their votes matter past a super delagate, then they know nothing, and this really needs to change!

top topics

join