It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter to Meet Hamas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The USAF actually didn't want the B-1A.

The high altitude penetration mission was considered unsurvivable by that point, due to the interrogation of Viktor Belenko, who revealed that the Mig-31 was being developed with a look-down radar - which would have made the B-1A a sitting duck.

And he didn't "kill" the program, he simply canceled procurement of the aircraft, an aircraft even the USAF felt was incapable of performing it's mission. B-52's using the new ALCM (a program put into service by Carter by the way) were viewed as much more likely to successfully attack their targets.

The prototypes kept flying and were later used to develop the B-1B, reconfigured for low altitude penetration attacks.

The neutron bomb was canceled simply because a majority of Americans recoiled at the idea at the time, it was an extremely unpopular program and viewed as a particularly abhorrent weapon.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

And he didn't "kill" the program, he simply canceled procurement of the aircraft ...

OMG, do you ever listen to yourself speak? "he didn't "kill" the program, he simply canceled procurement of the aircraft ...". This is nothing more than the same kind of logic that brought us "it depends on what the meaning of is is". Please, before we start feeling sorry for you ...

Where's your response to what I said? Oh, I understand. You don't have any - because there is no response to my exposing Carter for the fraud he was back when he was president - and still is.

[edit on 4/13/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
AGAIN -

Originally posted by FlyersFan
So let's take a step back and look at the conspiracy part of this.
Carter has endorsed Obama.

From Patriot Post dot com -

“Never mind the unbelievable arrogance of a foreign policy boob like Barack Obama, lecturing the two most knowledgeable on-the-ground figures [Petraeus and Crocker] in Iraq on the best military strategy for Iraq. Barack Obama’s scariest characteristic isn’t his ego, though its sheer size threatens to shift the globe out of orbit. Obama’s scariest characteristic is his puerile belief that everything can be solved by talking with dictators.” —Ben Shapiro

The Carter - Obama connection is a potential conspiracy topic.
Seriously. What we are seeing with Carter is what we'd get with Obama.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by xmotex

And he didn't "kill" the program, he simply canceled procurement of the aircraft ...

OMG, do you ever listen to yourself speak? "he didn't "kill" the program, he simply canceled procurement of the aircraft ...". This is nothing more than the same kind of logic that brought us "it depends on what the meaning of is is". Please, before we start feeling sorry for you ...

Where's your response to what I said? Oh, I understand. You don't have any - because there is no response to my exposing Carter for the fraud he was back when he was president - and still is.

[edit on 4/13/2008 by centurion1211]

Sorry to burst you bubble of self perceived intelligence but there is a significant difference in cancelling procurement and cancelling the program.

If you cancel the program, the prototypes are destroyed, everybody is fired and all R&D stops.

If the procurement is stopped, the protoypes, R&D and pilots remain to continue developing the platform.

Cancelling procurement but letting the platfoem to remain in development was the smartest thing Carter ever did, and probably didn't realize it.

When Reagan brought it back as the B-1B, it was significantly improved and a superior platform. The cold war was basically won by the platforms like the B-1 because the Russians alway had them knawing at the back of their minds.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by eagledriver

Not sure about you, but I was in my 20's then and recall that one of Carter's agendas was to radically downsize the military. One of the ways he did this was by cutting or cancelling programs. Those programs he couldn't cut for political reasons, he was able to effectively kill by "cancelling procurement". At any rate, you are basically arguing semantics, as it is quite clear that Carter meant for there to be no B-1's produced - one way or another.

[edit on 4/14/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

The Carter - Obama connection is a potential conspiracy topic.
Seriously. What we are seeing with Carter is what we'd get with Obama.

Stop! You're scaring me (and many others I presume) to death by making O(bs)ama sound like he would be the second coming of Carter.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Not sure about you, but I was in my 20's then and recall that one of Carter's agendas was to radically downsize the military. One of the ways he did this was by cutting or cancelling programs. Those programs he couldn't cut for political reasons, he was able to effectively kill by "cancelling procurement". At any rate, you are basically arguing semantics, as it is quite clear that Carter meant for there to be no B-1's produced - one way or another.

[edit on 4/14/2008 by centurion1211]

But they were produced because he didn't kill the project. If he would have killed the project, there would be no B-1 today. That is a big difference. It has nothing to do with semantics.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You're scaring me (and many others I presume) to death...

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. Obama would be worse.

BTW - Carter (who endorsed Obama - hee hee snicker ), layed a wreath at the tomb of that terrorist and pedophile rapist Arafat.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

But it is semantics because Carter did try to kill the project. The B-1's were only produced because Reagan was able to get it restarted after your boy Carter was booted out of the White House for all of his failures.

Not sure why you are trying so hard to defend the indefensible.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You're scaring me (and many others I presume) to death...

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. Obama would be worse.

BTW - Carter (who endorsed Obama - hee hee snicker ), layed a wreath at the tomb of that terrorist and pedophile rapist Arafat.

As one who publicly supports known terrorists, Carter must now be labeled a terrorist as well.

As each week passes by I'm happy to see O(bs)ama create more and more talking points to be used by the Republicans in case he actually gets the dem nomination. Have to also thank Hillary for churning out the Republican talking points as well.

Once again, dems manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

[edit on 4/15/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
HA!!! Told ya' so!!

Hamas endorses Obama

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A Hug for Hamas

Is this guy loony-tunes-crazy, since when do politicians 'hug' their foreign counterparts, especially non-ally ones?

Former President Carter angered Israel's government Tuesday by embracing a Hamas politician during a visit to the West Bank, ignoring Israeli and U.S. designation of the Islamic militants as a terror group.

Carter, a Nobel Peace laureate, also laid a wreath at Yasser Arafat's grave, another break with U.S. policy during a private peace mission to the Middle East that includes stops in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan and Syria - where the virulently anti-Israel Hamas movement has its headquarters.

apnews.myway.com...

[edit on 15-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Hamas says Carter accomplished nothing during his visit and even says that Carter's claim that Hamas would recognize Israel in exchange for territory is basically a lie.

Senile old fool.
Time to get your peanut crop in, so go back to Georgia and then just shut up and stay there.

article

[edit on 4/23/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Carter: Condi 'Not Telling Truth'

ATLANTA -- Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter on Wednesday accused Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice of not telling the truth about warnings she said her department gave Carter not to speak to Hamas before a Middle East trip. The State Departmenthas said U.S.
Assistant Secretary of State David Welch, the top U.S. diplomat for the Middle East, issued the warning before Carter, a veteran of Middle East diplomacy, went on his trip last week.

Rice said in Kuwait on Tuesday: "We counseled President Carter against going to the region and particularly against having contact with Hamas."

newsmax.com...

Condoleezza Rice is right up there w/hillary. i do appreciate carter calling rice a liar. go jimmy!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

Well, considering the Hamas article above, Carter seems well acquainted with lying. In other words, he should know a lie when he hears (or tells) one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join