It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Phone Call just now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Like a min ago, my cell rang, and i recognized the area code as where i used to live, like 5 years ago... the area code was 561... its a Florida code...

So i picked it up, expecting it to be some old friend, calling me out of the blue.

Instead, it was the voice of a robot lady... saying something about my Credit Card, and how it was technicaly still good... i tryed talking, but when i realised it was a robot i hung up...

I then tried to call the number back, and got a 'This number has been Disconnected' message...

Heres the thing, I DONT HAVE ANY CREDIT CARDS!!!

But i got an auto-mated voice message about one of my credit cards...

Did someone STEAL my identity?

heres the phone number...

1-561-482-7092

How can i find out if there is some guy running around with my name on a credit card...

Also, i changed my phone Number when i moved out west, i have NO idea how whoever this was got my number...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
check your credit report and see if there's anything fishy on it.

TINA OLAM
(This Is Not A One Liner Any More.)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Lots of companies use automated diallers that don't accept incoming calls, along with automated messages.
The number wouldn't show up if it's going through a type of phone router that is commonly used in contact centres.

It's basically a fishing expedition to try and get some response, and is probably based on out of date electoral rolls, phone books or something similar, although with an automated dialler it doesn't need to be.

These things dial constantly 24/7 until they run out of numbers, and can be programmed to call different time zones at different times.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
i got another call about 20 mins ago

This call was from a Private Caller...

I didnt answer, i stoped answering private calls a while back...

Just seems weird to me...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Weired, yes it can get very weired. I had calls that were coming to my place of business 10 to 20 times a day. Never any response, always some conversation in the background that I never could quite make out, sometimes electronic sounds. I deemed them harassment calls and when I called my land line carrier to inquire about who was making the calls: "Sorry sir, we're not allowed to divulge that information"

Now I'm down to about l-2 calls a day and I just pretend that someone is on the line and start a one way conversation, talking about my day or my dog, or my GF, and use the time as sort of a cathartic invisible therapist. Eventually whoever or whatever is on the line hangs up on me. Rude.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I've had a few strange ones lately, one today came from the 613 area code and when I answered all I could hear was my own voice echoing back to me.
I waited on the line a few seconds and asked if anyone was there, but again, just my own voice back at me.

I hung up and they didn't call back.

I've also had a few automated calls from ARO asking me to contact them. I know that they're a collection agency but I also know I don't owe a penny to anyone and have no outstanding debts.
I don't think I'll be returning their call anytime soon, I consider collection agents the scum of the earth, right up there with people that don't pay their debts.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It's because you're all on ATS - the NSA is tracking you on behalf of homeland security.

Yeah, that must be it

to bush

There, that should save ME

new topics

top topics

join