It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall of silence broken at state's Muslim public school

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Conservative areas have their own problems. Are you making me justify why this happened in a blue state?

What should I do, apologize? Or would I just find 50 stupid things that have happened in red states?

So irrelevant of a topic. C'mon man, just leave the partisan bias at the door.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Man, reread my whole post. You ARE stuck in one place in your head. I didn't say or suggest that they WERE a terrorist training camp... I said that if it were priveatly funded, I'm sure that it would be accused of it. Learn how the human mind works, please... there's this thing that we do to amuse ourselves called "Sarcasm"

1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.

Originally posted by centurion1211

No, we're just pointing out that a publicly funded religious school is against the law and apparently the constitution.

Umm... yeah, I think that's been pretty much established through the thread... thanks for re-affirming that for me... wasn't sure if I had read wrong. (more Sarcasm)

Don't take this as an attack, or pointing out flaws, but after reading your posts again, I'd really suggest that you take a look at what's beside you and behind you in this world instead of relying on your apparent tunnel vision to show you all.

-----

BTW, anymore news on this, or is it dead in the media already?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

Conservative areas have their own problems. Are you making me justify why this happened in a blue state?

You're the one that raised the question on why I was pointing out the liberal connection. If you want to research what happens in conservative states, by all means do it - in a new thread.

What should I do, apologize? Or would I just find 50 stupid things that have happened in red states?

No, instead of defending what may be indefensible, you should just let it go, as there really does appear to be a corelation. Again start a new thread if you must.

So irrelevant of a topic. C'mon man, just leave the partisan bias at the door.

So then why are you here? Did I strike a nerve? After you ...

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Sarcasm, used they way you claim is nothing but a tool of the weak. Like that nervous little laugh some people do after everything they say, it allows you to run and hide if someone disagrees.

Well, I disagreed with you. There is no way to really know ahead of time how people would react to a privately funded muslim school. I'm sure there must already be some here in the U.S., and I'm sure I haven't heard anyone calling them terrorist training camps. So, based on my experience, I took what you said as an attempt to trivialize this discussion by using what you are now calling "sarcasm" to say in effect that we shouldn't be bothering this poor (and illegal) muslim school because if they were private we'd still "persecute" them for that. So, you can now see (I hope) that not only did I read and understand your post, but it seems likely that I understood it better than you did.

[edit on 4/16/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Meh, ignorance is bliss, that's all. All ignorant people strike a nerve with me. "OMG it's a blue state"

And don't tell me to start a new thread. I'm sure any moderator would agree that you need to leave your political biases at the door.

Marking something off as "typical liberals" or anything else as ridiculous as that is not acceptable.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

Marking something off as "typical liberals" or anything else as ridiculous as that is not acceptable.

Really. So, admittedly OT, but I'm just curious. How do you feel about a presidential candidate using the "typical white person" label? Can you tell us that you feel that statement is also not acceptable?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Well, he was talking about his grandmother, but not justifiable to say. He shouldn't have said it.

Personally? I hate that many blacks feel that way about whites, but some do. I can't blame them.

Quite a bit off topic, though. What does this have to do with a Muslim public school and your blind hatred for liberals?

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

This rates one more reply and then I'm done with your discussion.

I do not blindly or ortherwise hate liberals. I do believe, however, that the liberal philosophy of the far left that is being embraced by current democrat candidates is dangerous for this country. (Now pay close attention here) As dangerous as the philosophy of the far right which is not being embraced by any Republican candidate.

Now if you continue to try and deflect this thread off the original subject (to what purpose?) the mods you wanted to invoke earlier can also take a look at your posts.

Good day.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

If I wanted mod intervention, I would have gotten some. You complained about my post, and I just pointed out that you were the who, in fact, broke the T&C policies.

Just quit thinking so black in white about liberals v. conservatives. It really limits your ability to have good judgment.

MOD-Edit: REMOVED U2U

Please do not post U2Us sent by other members in threads without their consent. Thank you.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
MODERATOR-Message to Centurion and Sublime:

For the sake of civility and the thread topic, please get back to discussing the topic and the facts rather than each other. From this point forward.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

If you insist.

9 out of 10 liberals AND conservatives agree that religion should be kept out of public schools.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thanks for your intervention. Hopefully, we can get back to discussing the OP - if there is any news on that. Anyone else see anything, or maybe the school is laying low in hopes this all blows over.

At any rate, the point of the original news story and my thread was to help "draw a line in the sand" against encroachments on our way of life and also against those not playing by the rules that have somewhat lately been forced on the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Good find, Centurion1211. Starred and flagged!

It always scares me when I see religion encroaching across secular boundaries. Too many people do not distinguish between the fealty they owe to either; they confuse the two.

On a side note, Minneapolis is often in the news with articles such as this. Apparently they have a large population of muslims up there. Or maybe not so large as they are active.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by Earthscum

Sarcasm, used they way you claim is nothing but a tool of the weak. Like that nervous little laugh some people do after everything they say, it allows you to run and hide if someone disagrees.

Don't bother calling me 'weak' or other names, please... it's couterproductive, and really shows your mentality. Btw, I was hiding... BOO!

Well, I disagreed with you. There is no way to really know ahead of time how people would react to a privately funded muslim school. I'm sure there must already be some here in the U.S., and I'm sure I haven't heard anyone calling them terrorist training camps. So, based on my experience, I took what you said as an attempt to trivialize this discussion by using what you are now calling "sarcasm" to say in effect that we shouldn't be bothering this poor (and illegal) muslim school because if they were private we'd still "persecute" them for that. So, you can now see (I hope) that not only did I read and understand your post, but it seems likely that I understood it better than you did.

[edit on 4/16/2008 by centurion1211]

Yep, you sure understood alright... you were disagreeing with me, quite obviously to just disagree with me. In all actuality, you didn't disagree with me at all. Cool off and re-read your posts.

Now, about the idea that if this school was privatley funded, people accusing (or 'thinking', keeping with what I said before) it of being a terrorist training school... I have been searching, but haven't found it yet. There was an article or ATS thread about a place somewhere back east that is supposed to be a terrorist training compound. Yes, it's different than a school for children, but it's what made me think of it.

Think about the psychology of the masses right now concerning 'muslims=terrorists' ignorance. All it takes is one idiot with enough influence to blow it out of proportion, and the rats follow the one with the whistle. All it takes is one idiot to stand outside the school with a poster.

Now, is that clear to you? Please stay away from the attacks... just want to make sure noone gets misled by anything I have said and jumps to anymore conclusions.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Finally found what it was... Islamberg, New York...

Top 3 google results for: Islamberg

www.islamberg.org...

www.canadafreepress.com...

www.jihadwatch.org...

Not sure about the credibility of the latter 2 sites, but those are the articles I read that made me think of it. People discriminate all the time, especially when they don't get to see the whole picture, or are ready to just jump to conclusions about something.

*edit
I'm way off topic now, and any thing I respond with again will be even farther, so I'm done with this track.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Earthscum]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join