It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Deportations coming for Jailed Illegal Immigrants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

You are exactly right about them taking advantage of the free trip home. I know one guy who uses the deportations just to re-stock on cheap drugs again before coming back to sell them. It's a little irritating. I cannot imagine the government doesn't know this is happening.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by blackbox.
Once again, if you're already getting yourself arrested before your a citizen, that's not the intelligence level that should qualify for citizenship IMO.

Following that logic, why don't we revoke the citizenship of all those in lock up, send them back with the Mexicans and save even more money. Also perhaps we should give IQ test that prove the intelligence of people that aren't in jail YET and if they fail, send them back with the Mexicans too. Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Because we're talking about illegal aliens, not citizens who are imprisoned.

I was merely suggesting that being arrested is something that isn't very common-place if you follow the laws of the land. You have to be doing something wrong, or in the wrong place at the wrong time. Law abiding citizens seem to avoid this fate on a daily basis.

Isn't the point of immigration to provide opportunity to foreigners to come into the country and succeed? Strengthening America by providing talents and labor for the workforce and economy? Who wants thugs and criminals? We have enough of those who are already citizens.

By default all "illegal" aliens are criminals. They have broken the first law placed before them before even passing the test of becoming true citizens. This new idea would simply cull out the worst of these law-breakers first and get them out of the country. We can deal with the less severe offenders afterwards. I think it's an excellent start, but like I said, we need to secure the borders first before it needs to be enacted.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
reply to post by aleon1018

You are exactly right about them taking advantage of the free trip home. I know one guy who uses the deportations just to re-stock on cheap drugs again before coming back to sell them. It's a little irritating. I cannot imagine the government doesn't know this is happening.

Why don't you report him then?

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.." -Edmund Burke

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blackbox

Star for
"Law abiding citizens seem to avoid this fate on a daily basis."

THAT was funny, and I'm not even sure I know why. Life here would kinda suck, were that not a fate we were able to avoid somehow, afterall.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Well, plain and simple... I am afraid of the gov more than he is. Seems you really don't need to do much to get on their bad side as it is.

I have seen him and his brother selling from a van in my apartment complex. Cops called, simply had a "chat" and then had both of the "gentlemen" walk away, instead of drive since neither had a license.

Yeah, no... If I felt government honestly cared about these types, I would have been happy to get them out of my neighbourhood a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

If I felt government honestly cared about these types, I would have been happy to get them out of my neighbourhood a long time ago.

Good point! I feel that way alot of the time too.

My sentiments aren't exactly reinforced when I see mass protests on the news with people carrying Mexican/Peru/ etc. flags down the streets either. If I was an Immigration official, I would think I could fill my next 10 year quota just by parking at the end of one of those events with 10 grey-hound buses and 500 one-way tickets...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I will agree with you on that one! I wish they offered a reward, and were sincerely wanting to do something about this problem, finally!

ETA: Lol!! Getting those Mexican pride protesters outta here would actually be nice enough reward alone. I don't think we have enough law enforcement available in any one state to clear out those rallies we've seen on TV.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I will agree with you on that one! I wish they offered a reward, and were sincerely wanting to do something about this problem, finally!

ohh man if their was a reward i could completly confuse INS by turning in a bunch of illegals from ireland and scotland(yay boston). including some family(damn great uncle came here illegaly from scotland). They should put a $500 or more reward on turning in illegals.

the only problem is its wicked easy to get in. my dad and i work and bose and we were in tuijana a few weeks ago and we could watch people jump the fence from the back door of the plant. then boarder patroll would come and send them back over. the next day the SAME group would try again. they won't give up. now my great uncle and abunch of his friends came here from scotland/ireland and its much easer. grab a plan from glasgow/dublin and land in boston on "vacation" then don't return. go to southie and work on the docks or find a "land lord"

i say instead of putting them in a normal jail and deporting them, we put them in a work camp. most of them come here to work anyway. why not put them to work (with out pay) and then send them back. that should help stop them

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by whaaa

or we could send them all to a deserted island like England did with Australia.. only this time make it an even more hostile environment.. like in the arctic circle.. Yes... I am liking this idea...

This my favorite idea to solve the problem as well. If you thought you and/or members of your family might end up in such a place, maybe the risk of coming here illegally would no longer be worth it.

And yes, I'd be willing to pay more for any strawberries or tomatoes I buy - because I'd be paying less for medical care and education.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Think about it,whenever the topic comes up,always the same story,how the INS will make raids etc,but as soon as the smoke clears we are back to step one,mark my words

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Easy solutions that don't work are a dime a dozen. Mostly these proposals come from politicians that want to tell voters "I've proposed legislation on problem X over and over, and the bad guys in the DEM/REP party at fault for not passing them."

You might as well propose terraforming Mars with illegals. At least they would have a harder time getting back.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Deportation of illegals is long over due. However the situation should be treated like a water leak. What do you do first, TURN THE WATER OFF (seal the borders properly). Then clean up the remaining water, otherwise it (water) or the illegals will return unrestricted.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
How about some sort of stimulus package to Mexico in return for jailing these people in Mexican Jails. What would be worse then being jail in the US, being deported and still having to serve your time in Mexico.
Because no matter what you think you can't kill them, and you can't ship them to an Island. But the above could work. Do not let them free, just jail them in there own country and make sure this happens.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
to be honest, I disagree with this whole heartedly. The simple fact is, these illegals have been making money and friends in the U.S., If you let them out and deport them to the country of origin, then chances are, if they wanted to come back, they could. This being said, the U.S. own several islands in the south pacific. I say build an airport, build a massive wall around it. Post guards for it, and ship all illegals there. As a matter of fact, don't just ship the illegals, ship anyone doing 20 to life there. Let them learn what immagration is all about.

This solution would create several beneficial responses.

1.) the prisioners are getting there freedom. If they can get off the island, more power to them.

2.) if illegal immagrants know that they are going to be put in an island in the south pacific if caught, they are less inclined to cross to begin with. Additionally, if they are already here, they are more inclined to go back before getting caught.

3.) Once the prisioners are freed they are no longer the responsibility of the state. Therefore let them learn how to grow food, or canabilize each other, there choice.

4.) 1-2% of the money used for housing and care of these people could be used to give them a ho, a shovel, a machete, a watering can, a bag of seeds, and 6 months of MRE's.

All of the items above can be bought in bulk, cheaply, and it is now there responsiblity to contribute to society in one form or another. There will be no guards, and seriously would you want to eat 6 months of MRE's kill someone for the next 6 months, and go through life that way? or would you wait till harvest and fight the farmer and his friends then? or would you just grow your own? Eventually, they would either form towns and a society or crumble, and this I think would be a life altering experience that would justify allowing them back in the states if they managed to get off. I'm sure the rules need to be modified, I truly think this is the best solution.

Just my opinion,

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by camain

All of them? You know this for fact?

My brother used to hire illegals to do conctruction type work...fencing, etc. all the time! There was a place in Dallas where he would drive his truck over there and there would be tons of illegals looking for jobs. He would let a bunch hop in the back of his truck and give them some work and pay them THAT day.

He stopped doing that years ago - for the sole reason of - he continually had his stuff STOLEN! They were not honest people. They wanted to work and get money yes, but they kept stealing his tools and stealing things from job sights. On top of that many were drunk or high.

And it isnt like he could call the cops - because he didnt have any indentifying information on them.

He just wanted to help out and give them a chance. Big mistake that was.

Now this is not a representation of all illegals. But it is a BIG representation of many who hire them for day labor.

Fact is, they are here illegally. And something needs to be done - soon.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

That is a shame your brother was getting so much stolen. We've had the same problems here with the same kinds of people.. I used to help manage the apartment complex we live in. Eventually, we had to evict most of the illegals who lived here.

Between stealing from washers/dryers(I mean BREAKING INTO and DESTROYING THEM for quarters!!!!), stealing expensive tools, yelling and blasting loud Mexican music late into the night, and selling drugs.. They were just more trouble than the rent money gained from them. Shame, they moved across the street, so still deal to the people here, but at least the washer and dryer do not get vandalized anymore, and equipment and stuff is rarely stolen now.

I will admit, there are a few good ones who leave in the morning when it's still dark, work their arse off, then come home late at night and never cause a problem. They don't speak English, but are polite and quiet and really just work their lives away.

Not all are here to steal and cause trouble.

But please, unless they are ALL dealt with, HOW do we differentiate and deal with the trouble makers only? It's sad. I would not want to hurt the ones I speak of, who work hard and no one around even notices they exist. Perfect resident for ANY manager to have!!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
How about some sort of stimulus package to Mexico.....

Mexico already gets boat loads of money officially from the United States as is. The illegals working here also send a large portion of their earnings back to Mexico for their families. In fact, Mexicos second largest generator of cash is the illegals in the United States.
Source 1
Source 2
Source 3

The answer is not always sending our money to other countries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join