It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else heard of Icelands economic crash?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I caught the tail end of a news story this a.m. They said Icelands economy han crashed because some hedgefund bankers had conspired to devalue thier currency.Can anybody say Illuminati?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You mean currency crash?

Iceland shows cracks as the krona crashes

While financial stocks were being battered on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean, in between one government was scrambling to prevent a meltdown of an entire economy.

Telegraph 23/3/08

daddyroo45, I'll do a quick scan on the wires to see if I can get a new source about your statement on the economic collaspe. The article, did say the government was fighting to stop it.

Their currency is in free fall

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
I caught the tail end of a news story this a.m. They said Icelands economy han crashed because some hedgefund bankers had conspired to devalue thier currency.Can anybody say Illuminati?

I'm searching around the financials,

The currency has risen abit, but I cannot find anything to suggest the economy has just collaspsed. This is what I can find

Iceland raises interest rate to 15.5%

Iceland now has the highest interest rates in Europe after the central bank on Thursday raised rates by 0.5 per cent to a record 15.5 per cent as it struggles to restore confidence in its struggling currency and stave off a banking crisis.

Iceland interest rates

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I thought they were doing really well , 100% literacy rate, longest life expectancy, very good employment opportunities, those who live there have to learn 3 languages, they have a very good educational system.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by hypr2008]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Icelanders are independent and they have an equality based society which makes them unpopular with global eltists. Globalists want to destroy any society that does not have a rigid class structure. Globalists have control of currencies ,but what they really want is the destruction of liberty and independence.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
... for more economic data & background on the current situations in Iceland... click here:
www.sedlabanki.is...

its current info, from today 10 April...

* marked deterioraation in inflation outlook
* liquidity squeeze in markets
* errors in macroeconomic forecast
* the volatility of Icelandic Krona
* etc.

sure there is distress, but i think the Icelandic economic stress is being played up for an audience of spooked Americans

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Holy S..ugar!

Target inflation is meant to be 2.5% and its 8.7% YIKES!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This seems to be happening everywhere, there has to be collusion in all of this, maybe its time to start removing the keys from these people and letting someone who cares about others have a go, Nothing like having a ton of money if everyone is going to hate your guts because you defrauded the people, eventually you end up in prison, while the big bosses get pay increases, and fear nothing, we need to change that, time to sweep out the garbage me thinks.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The advent of the internet has allowed us to see behind the curtain.The truth about this problem is that it is affecting all the economies world wide.
It's not just Iceland and it's not just the U.S. it's the whole danm world.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If this was a real incident with the banks in Iceland, it should have shake our markets today, but so far nothing happen.

So it may be a small problem within the country itself, lets wait for tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I expect any time now for the fed to start folding banks to assure liquidity.
It use to be the more the merrier now it's the less the scarier.When the fed whittles the heard down to two or three banks they will back off and let us breath for a while before the consolidation of the remaining banks.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

8.7% that is fairly high I would say That would make the cost of say an auto rise nearly a third.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well something most be going on right now when the markets open this morning the markets are down by over 100 points, so this is going to be very interesting to see and hear what is causing this.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I know this is fanning an old flame(thread) but This was in April of 08.I just wonder how much this had to do with Icelands problems today?

After PM Brown froze their assets,and Russia loaned them some capital,I wonder what's next?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Yes i heard this in Russiatoday.com. The Russians were generous enough to bail them out. If it worked..does anyone know?

new topics

top topics

join