It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope, his crown, and 666

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It has come to my attention that the phrase on the crown(mitre) that the Pope wears is believed by some to equal 666.

"The inscription is on one of the Pope's crowns or miters. It says "VICARIVS FILII DEI", which means "Vicor of Son of God". Since in Latin, D=500, C=100, L=50, V=5, and I=1, adding the letters which stand for numbers in the title will add up to 666. The description in the Bible that the beast has "horns of a lamb" suggests that the beast will be of "devine" descendence."

What Does the Title on the Pope's Crown Mean?

another page on this subject:

bibleprophecy.net...

I dont necessarily believe this, it may just be a coincidence, but it's something to think about.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
very interesting theory. He does think of himself as christ incarnet what a good choice for the anti christ. What nation is up next for the pope??

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
good find
i think it's just a coincidence, myself. and anyway, isn't the more popular belief that the "mark of the beast" is more to do with money? saying something about not being able to buy or trade or sell goods without the mark? i dunno, i'm probably wrong.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
good find
i think it's just a coincidence, myself. and anyway, isn't the more popular belief that the "mark of the beast" is more to do with money? saying something about not being able to buy or trade or sell goods without the mark? i dunno, i'm probably wrong.

yeah, ive heard that too about it having to do with money. i think if it is, then maybe taking away cash and having things done 100% electronic would be a step in that direction. just look at the advantages they could present to us to talk us into it: no more illegal drug trade, no identity theft, no cash to have stolen from your wallet or purse, im sure theres some more but i cant think of any right now. and as an added bonus they could track us everywhere we go!!! i cant wait

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
since i do not vote in elections i would like to vote for your avatar as my new favorite. chrisnolefan

the meth man prophecies. good theory. chards are what the pope needs more chards please. i mean why the heck is he still wearin' a crown. like antiking i mean christ. you can't pray to god pray to the pedy priest?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Its not just the Mitre which holds the number 666 ... the Monstrance does too, according to THE MONSTRANCE and the WAFER GOD

Here is Pope John Paul II holding what is called a Monstrance or Ostensorium. It is used to display a round wafer of bread, called the host, which is used in what is called the Mass, Lord's Supper, Communion or Eucharistic meal. The Catholic believes this wafer of bread turns into the actual body of Christ when consecrated during the Mass.

Notice the letters SFS in the small sunburst blaze on the large close up of a Monstrance above? Each of the letters is a universal symbol for the number 6 in the pagan mysteries, so to the pagan it reads 666! The number 666 is also associated with what is called the "magic square of the sun". The practice of equating names and letters with numbers is called gematria.

The letter F:

The Hebrew letter Vau (V) has a value of 6. The English letter F is a descendant of Vau and retains the same value. The letter F is also the 6th letter of the English alphabet. In pagan numerology the letters F, O, and X have the value of 6.

The Greek symbol Digamma also looks like the letter F and has a value of 6.

The letter S:

The Greek equivalent of Vau is the letter Stau, which looks like an S, and it also has the value of 6.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
the 666 represents the star of david

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar

HITF did you come up with that?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
isn't it funny? Alot of people who have never even heard of Kabala (don't argue with the spelling... there's about 5 different ways to spell it, and all are wrong apparently) seem to use it to prove stuff. Alot of people who discredit Kabala still use it to prove theories. Personally I think Kabala is kinda being exploited to form new conspiracies.

I'm all about Kabala. It is the mathmatical explanation for how everything is connected in the universe. If you can find that magical reaccuring number, the one that is able to be used universally in all math equations, you are supposedly finding the true name of God.

Incases such as these, I believe it is being exploited a bit. "This word means this, which equals 6, as do the other 2... 666" and "add all the letters in this phrase and it equals 666" and, the rediculous one, "if you take the first and last letters of the first word, they equal (x), and if you take the first 3 letters of the second word, it equals (y) and if you add them together it equals 666"

The best way to really understand a Kabalistic is to study Kabala for yourself. I really doubt any jews would have a problem with someone of another religion trying to understand theirs.

I've found, not suprisingly, that alot of these claims are made by people that have even less knowledge of Kabala than I do! That's sad... I'm just starting to even be able to comprehend how Kabala truly works. They say you shouldn't even try to understand kabala until you are about 30 or it will drive you insane (ala PI, the movie. I was the only one in the group of people I watched it with who even remotely understood what was going on before he met the jew in the coffee shop).

Anyways, a simplified point is to find some sites that explain Kabala and try to understand the nature of Kabala. There's alot more to it than simply connecting numbers to letters and making simple addition/subtraction to figure out that "so-and-so's name equals 666!". I'm not debunking anything here, just want to make sure people are being objective. This may be legit, but I'm not really knowledgable enough on the subject of Kabala to give a definite answer. lol... I posted this in another thread, and I usually won't quote myself, but this is a good one to remember:

Originally posted by Earthscum
...Just because a turd is painted yellow doesn't mean it's really a banana in divine disguise. If you look a bit closer and use some deductive reasoning, you will realize something VERY important... it's just a turd painted yellow.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
thanks earthscum i am going to look up on this. research. i have others talk of this often on ats kabala and numbers. it seems interesting. not sure if this is the same but i undoubtedly beleif in significant reoccurring numbers or something like not sure how i would explain it. thanks for giving me something to study before it never caught my interest until your last post.

i ran out of jagermiester tonight at 11:11

does anyone know or have a meaning for 1:43
this is somewhat trivial but nonetheless i am curious?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Just like there is differing ways to spell the word Kabbala, there is said to be differing versions of cabbala.

Some versions good and others evil. This is what I have come across in my meanderings.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
where is a good place to study cabbala quaballa
?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Study the kabbala to much fast and you will surely go insane.

keep away!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Aye, there are several sorts of Kabala. It's like magic. A Humanist sect Satanist will tell you that all magic is the same, it's all in how you use it whether it's white or black magic. If you look at magic (not Houdini!) you will also notice this. Alot of magic rituals used by white witches are identical to the rituals performed by the satanist, but the hoped for result is very different.

Kabala could conceivably, in the wrong hands, be used for evil. Some peeps practice and study Kabala just trying to find God's true name. There have even been instances where the stock market and other betting games have been accfuratly predicted by the use of Kabala.

The levels of Kabala are insane, and even more insane to simply try to explain to someone. This is why I encourage people to discover it for themselves.

Be Warned! Ashlar is correct! If you try to take in Kabala too fast, it will drive you mad! I believe it is because the deeper understanding is there at the begginings, but it's like when someone says "I have a secret, but I can't tell you until tomorrow, and then I can only tell you a little bit for now". You have the understanding, but you don't. Hard to explain, really. I think the secret thing is the best I can do right now. Just be careful with it. Knowledge is a powerful thing, and sometimes you gain knowledge that you don't want.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The levels of Kabala are insane, and even more insane to simply try to explain to someone. This is why I encourage people to discover it for themselves.

Any good links for this?
I found this one first

www.kabala.org...

45.00 dollars!!!
Special introductory price: $45.00
One year email subscription
and the three "Messges of Light" books!

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
dont do it, you will go nuts, dont say you werent warned.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

dont do it, you will go nuts, dont say you werent warned.

Actually I already am nuts...figured if I did this Kabala thing, it would make me sane again

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
i made the same assumption, but then i went even crazier

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

No. If the Star of David is the mark of the beast, everyone carrying a clock, having a computer, living under the Heavens or on Earth would hav been marked whether they liked it or not. No. The Star of David and the Clock and the Terrestrial and Celestial coordinate systems in them selves does not equal 666, but 21, 78, 300. The Zodiak, however, using 36 sectors instead of 24, has the geometry of 666. The trinity too, since it is based on the Zodiakal system of Ba'al. If you draw a pentagram over a 360 degree circle made with the geometry of the hexagon, you get a circle which is divided into 36 sectors, and voila, you have yourself the base of the Zodiak, the base of 666. The hexagram is connected with the star you call Saturn, while the pentagram is connected to the Morning and Evening Star, or the star you call Venus.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

...Just because a turd is painted yellow doesn't mean it's really a banana in divine disguise. If you look a bit closer and use some deductive reasoning, you will realize something VERY important... it's just a turd painted yellow.

Oh dear. What has your rabbi been drinking? They teach everything in Kabbalah classes these days. Banana turtles. What's next? The difference between the Name of God and the name of dog?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

<<   2 >>

join