It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you SIN while lucidly dreaming?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
* This is the important bit - which will explain my reasoning.

I said that people place restrictions on what they're imagining, but for some people this isn't the case - they can place 'priorities' on what they're imagining, instead of restrictions.

Hench why you have some writers who 'flow' through their work, instead of working to specific points.

Really, Lucid Dreaming is all just about different sets of mental priorities.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by keeff
reply to post by deadline527

Hookedfish: deadline suggested to me before that i try during the day when ever i remember to ask my self "is this a dream?,, am i dreaming?" to get into the practice . and eventually,maybe while dreaming i would ask the same thing and realise i was dreaming. at that point you could do as yo please.

[edit on 4/13/2008 by keeff]

That worked for me when I had nightmares as a child, while recently I figured out that I was dreaming by looking at the ground and noticing its detail.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527

In my experience, reality checks work the best for people just starting to learn how to lucid dream. After a while, you will start to recognize certain feelings in the dream that automatically trigger it as well, but you will need to get a few under your belt before that starts to happen.

For me, the majority of them occur usually from a sleep paralysis state. If I wake up in sleep paralysis, I know that I will be able to roll out of my body, onto the floor, and proceed through my door, wall, ceiling, etc.. to do as I see fit. I dont know why it happens like that for me though. Also, certain noises let me know when its time to roll out as well - sounds like a train running directly through the room - literally. Now if I find myself in a state of semi-paralysis and also hear a loud almost rushing sound, or the noise of what I can only describe as a train, then I find it extremely easy to fall out of my body. This is a lot different then when I am in a dream and become lucid that way, although the end results are still very similar.
[edit on 13-4-2008 by deadline527]

just before reading this i was thinking of a technique i read about meditating. it saide to picture your phsysical brain in four equal parts. then to imagine the front right was red, and to repeant this a few times to visualize it. then rear right as blue. then front left as green. then rear left as yellow(sun yellow). then after you have that set in your mind to just repeat the words with the section once in that specific order, and keep reapeating that order.at any rate i have been trying this for a few months and every now and then i get that very loud train sound, and it scares theholy poop out of me
. a few times i can last a bit furthur into it,. but i have yet to see the end, maybe that is the same time you realize you can leave your body?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
reply to post by keeff

Back when i was younger (14 - 16) a lot of it was induced using narcotics such as cannabis and alcohol, but later on i learned to do it without poisioning my body.

i recently quit smoking pot, and seem to remember my dreams better now.

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

The most important thing is to be open-minded, to the extent of which you feel as if you could dream or imagine anything - a good way to attain this particular mentality is to exercise your creativity, which can be done simply by imagining complex structures or detailed images (for example; replicating a famous painting in your imagination).
i remember wehn i was younger i could visualize in full detail and color, as now i can only imagine mostly. some times i can see tiny little pictures, at time i do not know what they are and guess and then they seem to lookcloser to my guestimate lol

From there, it's simply about breathing life into it.

If you've ever written a prose, or made a set of music to go with a peice of media, you might have an idea of how this is done.

The difference being that there are those who make specific restrictions on what they're imagining for an explicit purpose, such as writing a novel or drawing a peice of surreallist art, and those that simply dream*.

For the people who dream, the knowledge of these things can make the experience so realistic that sometimes it's frightening.

Originally posted by deadline527

That is the idea though, just not sure why it works for me and not many other people?

Some people are afraid of letting their imagination run riot, that's all.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Why do people keep quoting what i say in this thread, without actually having anything to add?

He even left in the edit for christ's sake.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by keeff

i recently quit smoking pot, and seem to remember my dreams better now.

i remember wehn i was younger i could visualize in full detail and color, as now i can only imagine mostly. some times i can see tiny little pictures, at time i do not know what they are and guess and then they seem to lookcloser to my guestimate lol

I mean, [profanity], is that all you can come up with?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

sorry that is the first time i tried to do it like that. actually the second time i have ever tried to quote anyone at all. the first was to deadliner above that post.

so please forgive me if i offended you,as i was just realating to you and telling of my experieance.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by keeff

Then surely you must understand that, seeing as it has already happened in this very thread once before, i have every right to be suspicious of your intentions.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

actually i didn't read a few of the pages, and did not see it, but i did not know that when you quoted someone it was ment as disrespect.

i am new here and truly apologize.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by keeff

It can be meant as disrespect if you fail to quote correctly - the other guy who did actually attributed what i had said to another poster.

I admit i do take a somewhat zero-tolerance approach to this sort of behaviour, which is of course the best way for people who are new to learn.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

actually the other poster did NOT attribute what you had said to another user.

im sorry if you have a zero-tolerance approach to people quoting you.
i simply apologized and only expect and an apology in return. not more excuses.

i see that you are new here alos, registered 4-11-2008
i do not belive that new comers should be met with such negativity.

[edit on 4/13/2008 by keeff]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
We are here to all help each other, and to stay on topic
lol.

I do agree though that we should embrace the newer crowd, not crucify them. Now, if you were to politely tell them what they were doing was wrong, then they continued to do it, then by all means - crucify. I use quoting quite often just to more easilly organize my post into the questions I am answering, it just helps the flow of things. Anyway, time for sleep - twenty hour days are good for noone, lol. Ill be back in a few hours

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

simple answer? if your in your own head its ok you can do whatever you like and not sin but if your projecting out into other places in existence most of the entities you meet will be thought forms but many of them are real feeling thinking lifeforms and if you abuse them then yes, it is a sin

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'd hardly believe a lucid dream out of our control could lead to damnation.
If that were true I'd be in the ninth circle of hell at checkout time.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I'd hardly believe a lucid dream out of our control could lead to damnation.
If that were true I'd be in the ninth circle of hell at checkout time.

Then you dont understand lucid dreaming.

A lucid dream is one where you are in control.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
What you say PV dog. Apparently you are an expert in the matter. I'll just stand aside.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Lucid dreaming is nothing but conscious astral projection, we all do it when we sleep and where we go depends on what we need. if we are struggling with a difficult problem then we will stay in our own heads and try to create a scenario that helps us understand and solve the problem. but sometimes we travel out of our heads to other places and meet other beings that are just as real as we are. it makes it easier to think of life as a game we all play and forget we are playing (the body isn't us it just what we control to enjoy the physical) because we enjoy it more when we immerse ourselves in many different roles and sleep is like a break from limitation so we can enjoy our true limitless forms for a while before returning to the much more thrilling limited dangerous world. the only difference between lucid dreaming and non lucid dreaming is whether you remember what you did while in your true form....

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by keeff

Does it bother you that i'm not acting according to how you believe is correct in terms of so-called 'netiquette'?

I have my beliefs, and i have my experiences.

I ask for nothing else other than for this to be taken into consideration, at least when people expect things of me.

p.s; read my sig, and my previous account will be made aware to you.

edit; in case you hadn't noticed, i get irritated when people expect things of me as well.

Especially when such individuals ignore my point.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Anyhow, you are correct - he actually attributed something that was said by another poster to me.

I'll apologise for not getting my technicalities right, if you care.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by constantine70

Sorry, it was late and I was probably being too cryptic. All things come from God, it is the power of unconditional love that allows the negative but still not allow it to 'effect' the positive. In other words the worst evil could not even hold a candle to the true power of unconditional love. So yes you are sinning.. are you going to 'hell' for it? no, but like another poster stated, 'it is harder and harder to do such things the further one walks down a certain path'. (Sorry, that last post of mine tacked on something that was not from the person I attributed to (sorry anti) hence the 'certain path' change here... not directly quoting any of the times either.. paraphrasing more likely) This poster finished by saying that they will not define 'evil' for anyone else but themselves (please correct me if I am wrong anti tyrant). Which to me is a true and humble way that he displays as not judging someone, simply answering the OP the best they could. Do the concerns of Hell bother you? Hence the OP? Certain religions forget the roots of their current state of belief. The Hebrew people (the direct followers of Moses) knew that there was no a hell, to them 'sin' would bring either instant or future problems to the tribe(s). That it would be there in the physical as a punnishment from their god.

Are you religious, agnostic, athiest... if I may ask? (history paints many different 'perspectives' which are facts to those who did believe them).
We are not perfect, the realm of our incarnation is always learning and striving to make our parent(s) happy
. Even I who taut unconditional love, like to play unreal tournament 3... I will probably purchase Dukenukem forever when that 'finally' comes out (inside joke to any DNF followers). Only two beings know you if you are a dark entity, you and our creator. No one else can begin to try and point any fingers.
This is just my understanding and in no way should be taken more than 'my 2 cents' lol. May you learn what you need to learn while in this incarnation.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by constantine70]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join