It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Can you SIN while lucidly dreaming?

page: 8
5
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Sin is a personal choice to do the opposite of what God commands. If you are lucid dreaming and chose to do a sinful act, you are exercising your will and volition to oppose God's commands.

Did you know ...

Lucid dreaming puts a big strain on the brain in burning up serotonin, a natural tranquilizer in the brain. Keep the lucid dreaming to a minimum or experience paranoia, anxiety, and other symptoms of a neurosis.

Lucid dreaming is a gateway to the spirit realm where all kinds of misery exists on the spiritual level. You should walk through the spirit realm like you would through a tough neighborhood at night unarmed and with one hundred dollar bills stuck to you. Don't hang around too long because when the
demons
realize you are there, you'll be in a world of hurt before too long and utterly confused where the attacks are coming from.




posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think that anti tyrant spoke the best when this person said that it is harder and harder to go the other direction once one has chosen the path of unconditional love. The unconditional love from our creator is above good/evil for it is both and the source of both but unconditional love is the ruler of the houses and one day the other dwellings will fall. I chuckle at the thought that anything (even the self begotten houses) could ursurp (sp) First Light. Our true state of 'being' is one that is not fathomable with even a brain functioning at 100%. We are the 'begotten' ones, where as the houses are the self begotten. First light is that which has no begining no end. Remember that the ruler of the houses power is more than double the combined powers of the other houses.
I wish you Peace and Harmony through Unconditional LOVE!



posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527

That is exactly why I am so fond on lucid dreaming, because I CAN live several different lives while in my dreams.


So, how can you actually choose what to dream?





[edit on 13-4-2008 by hookedfish]



posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantine70
I think that anti tyrant spoke the best when this person said that it is harder and harder to go the other direction once one has chosen the path of unconditional love. The unconditional love from our creator is above good/evil for it is both and the source of both but unconditional love is the ruler of the houses and one day the other dwellings will fall. I chuckle at the thought that anything (even the self begotten houses) could ursurp (sp) First Light. Our true state of 'being' is one that is not fathomable with even a brain functioning at 100%. We are the 'begotten' ones, where as the houses are the self begotten. First light is that which has no begining no end. Remember that the ruler of the houses power is more than double the combined powers of the other houses.
I wish you Peace and Harmony through Unconditional LOVE!


Hmm... I dont really see how this pertains to the discussion sadly. Please elaborate because I am interested in what you are saying, just would like to see it applied to the topic if indeed thats what you ment to do.

I cannot believe how many posts this thread has received. I guess many of you have at one time in your life asked yourself this same question, either directly or indirectly by feeling guilty about what you did in a dream. The insights and opinions of so many vastly different beliefs and cultures is invaluble in my mind. I thank every one of you for easilly one of the best and most informative threads I have ever created.

Hopefully I will realize I am dreaming tonight.



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
i believe a sin is a sin. in reality or in a dream, it is still a sin. the question i think you really want to know is if there is consequences for the sins you commit in your dreams.

now i do not believe in a god or gods as in religions, but i believe in the god within. that god is everything i guess you could say. so my answer to that question would be the consequences that wiould/could ocure would come from yourself. as in only you have to live with the decisions you make.

edited to add:when i said only you have to live with the decisions you make. i mean others can dwell on those, but ultimatly they only affect you.


sorry if this makes no sense to you, but i would still like to hear the in depth detail that you were going to tell us, but then said to u2u you if we wanted to hear. and i am trying the "is this a dream" while awake to further my lucid dreaming.



[edit on 4/13/2008 by keeff]



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bowcatz001
Lucid dreaming is a gateway to the spirit realm where all kinds of misery exists on the spiritual level.

What spirit realm would that be, hum? Misery, huh? And there's none of that going on down here already?


You should walk through the spirit realm like you would through a tough neighborhood at night unarmed and with one hundred dollar bills stuck to you. Don't hang around too long because when the
demons
realize you are there, you'll be in a world of hurt before too long and utterly confused where the attacks are coming from.

Ah, now we know what spirit realm you are familiar with, ha. Within the spirit realm I frequently visit, demons aren't allowed. And nobody wants to hurt anyone else. I wonder why the difference?



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I can't send u2us yet , but I'd like to hear that too.



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by hookedfish

Originally posted by deadline527

That is exactly why I am so fond on lucid dreaming, because I CAN live several different lives while in my dreams.


So, how can you actually choose what to dream?





[edit on 13-4-2008 by hookedfish]


Weird thing about this question is I distinctly remember me and my brother talking about this when I was around eight years old. Its pretty much I just think of something while I fall asleep... I know, im sorry, not much to it
Only real thing I have to do is concentrate on a thought while I am falling asleep. Eventually I start to see "half-dreams" is what I can best describe it as, when you aren't exactly asleep yet, but very close. More so asleep then you are awake.

Most often it works when I awake from an already lucid dream, and wish to re-enter the same dream. I have done this successfully three times in one night, each time landing back in the same location and events. I am not sure if this may have been chance, but I know while falling asleep I was telling myself that I did want to continue with the dreams.

I really do wish I could explain this better, if I do think of anything I can add to this I will definitely come back and add it for you.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by deadline527]



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hookedfish
 


he is still online right now and has jsut sent me some of the details,. if he hasn't sent u a u2u yet reply tio me here and i will send him one for you.



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by keeff
reply to post by hookedfish
 


he is still online right now and has jsut sent me some of the details,. if he hasn't sent u a u2u yet reply tio me here and i will send him one for you.


Just saw that I had a u2u, sending hookedfish as well.



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527
 


You could have simply said that it is possible to direct the imagination along a particular road, you realise?



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527
 


Deadline527 in your u2u it almost kinda sounded like it could be an out of body experience. do you think that maybe theses are one and the same?

Hookedfish: deadline suggested to me before that i try during the day when ever i remember to ask my self "is this a dream?,, am i dreaming?" to get into the practice . and eventually,maybe while dreaming i would ask the same thing and realise i was dreaming. at that point you could do as yo please.

i have lucid dreamed before when i was younger, nothing to fancy just realised i was dreaming and decidided" hey i wanna fly" so i started flying. but i could never do it on a consistant basis. through the above exersice ihope i can achieve this.

edited to add: i will send more feed back in u2u when i get a chance, with my nephew here not the time or train of thought at the moment.

[edit on 4/13/2008 by keeff]



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Essentially, it is my belief that lucid dreaming is nothing more than a potent form of simple day-dreaming, and for people to treat it as if it is some sort of strange and twisted science is ridiculous.

Even a child could do it.



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
reply to post by deadline527
 


You could have simply said that it is possible to direct the imagination along a particular road, you realise?


Some people are better at explaining then others.


That is the idea though, just not sure why it works for me and not many other people? My brother used to ask me the question when we were little. I have had a reoccuring nightmare since as long as I can remember and whenever it happens I usually have to do that to get back to sleep without going back into it. Sadly, I dont have the luxury of being lucid in the said nightmare.



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant
 


i agree to a point i don't really know what it is. but i did do it a few times as a child. either way it is a way to escape our reality as we know it and enjoy some of the things we can not do in this reality. also you say it is so simple, could you let me know how you achive lucid dreaming? i mean to make it easier for myself. thansk in advance.

also sorry for my grammar mistakes. i jhave gorrilla hands


edited to fix some mistakes><


[edit on 4/13/2008 by keeff]



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by keeff
reply to post by deadline527
 


Deadline527 in your u2u it almost kinda sounded like it could be an out of body experience. do you think that maybe theses are one and the same?

Hookedfish: deadline suggested to me before that i try during the day when ever i remember to ask my self "is this a dream?,, am i dreaming?" to get into the practice . and eventually,maybe while dreaming i would ask the same thing and realise i was dreaming. at that point you could do as yo please.

i have lucid dreamed before when i was younger, nothing to fancy just realised i was dreaming and decidided" hey i wanna fly" so i started flying. but i could never do it on a consistant basis. through the above exersice ihope i can achieve this.

edited to add: i will send more feed back in u2u when i get a chance, with my nephew here not the time or train of thought at the moment.

[edit on 4/13/2008 by keeff]


In my experience, reality checks work the best for people just starting to learn how to lucid dream. After a while, you will start to recognize certain feelings in the dream that automatically trigger it as well, but you will need to get a few under your belt before that starts to happen.

For me, the majority of them occur usually from a sleep paralysis state. If I wake up in sleep paralysis, I know that I will be able to roll out of my body, onto the floor, and proceed through my door, wall, ceiling, etc.. to do as I see fit. I dont know why it happens like that for me though. Also, certain noises let me know when its time to roll out as well - sounds like a train running directly through the room - literally. Now if I find myself in a state of semi-paralysis and also hear a loud almost rushing sound, or the noise of what I can only describe as a train, then I find it extremely easy to fall out of my body. This is a lot different then when I am in a dream and become lucid that way, although the end results are still very similar.

I really do wish I knew why I wake up unable to move, or if I can move, its the slightest bit - physically that is. Although, when in bed and rolling out of my body, I swear it feels like I am going to fall right off the bed. It really takes some trusting on my part, lol. I usually roll out to my left side, and its almost like I float to the ground. I dont open my eyes for a few seconds to make sure I am done falling though.

When I do open them, I am usually on my stomach and almost have to "swim" at first. It starts out really awkward but after a few seconds I get better control and can fly around without much hassle.

Sometimes though, which I hate because it wakes me right up out of bed quicker then you could imagine, is when I get a sensation of falling FAST. Its like the floor dropped out on me and scares me awake every damn time. I think there may have been maybe once or twice where I was able to stay with it and not wake up, which resulted in the usual experience, but usually it is scary as hell and jolts me out of bed, lol.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by deadline527]



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527
 


Alright, I got it.

I guess it's more of a physical capability of yours than a skill that you can
achieve



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hookedfish
reply to post by deadline527
 


Alright, I got it.

I guess it's more of a physical capability of yours than a skill that you can
achieve


I added a bunch more to my explanation, so you may want to read it over again. As for what you said, I think so
I am not sure though, I used to try the Monroe technique when I first started out but would always get scared when I felt my body buzzing / vibrating. I always knew it was really close to where you would exit but never could stay with it long enough, sadly. I started probably about fifteen years ago and for about the last five or so it has been more or less coming naturally to me. Well, the feeling comes naturally, I still have to will myself out of the body, but its really easy for me to recognize when I am able to. This isnt every night sadly, nor is it when I want to, lol. Although, it does happen quite often, I do wish I was able to exit at will. Maybe one day.. Now that would be fun.



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by keeff
 


Back when i was younger (14 - 16) a lot of it was induced using narcotics such as cannabis and alcohol, but later on i learned to do it without poisioning my body.

The most important thing is to be open-minded, to the extent of which you feel as if you could dream or imagine anything - a good way to attain this particular mentality is to exercise your creativity, which can be done simply by imagining complex structures or detailed images (for example; replicating a famous painting in your imagination).

From there, it's simply about breathing life into it.

If you've ever written a prose, or made a set of music to go with a peice of media, you might have an idea of how this is done.

The difference being that there are those who make specific restrictions on what they're imagining for an explicit purpose, such as writing a novel or drawing a peice of surreallist art, and those that simply dream*.

For the people who dream, the knowledge of these things can make the experience so realistic that sometimes it's frightening.


Originally posted by deadline527

That is the idea though, just not sure why it works for me and not many other people?


Some people are afraid of letting their imagination run riot, that's all.



[edit on 13-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]



posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Sadly its getting late, and while at work, I actually need to go do a little


I will be on tomarro to answer any other questions anyone might have. I wish I had better answers but its tough when its more spontaneous then on command. I really do enjoy trying to share a gift that I have no idea why I have it, but if I can get just one other person to experience it, then I am happy.

I wish you all the best of luck and will be on tomarro, take care!




top topics



 
5
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join