It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you SIN while lucidly dreaming?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
[edit on 16-4-2008 by FalknFerno]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
In a true lucid dream, one is able to control what he/she is doing. For some reason, it was easier to control as a younger child, then as an adult. Only a few times as an adult. But I liked to fly alot in my dreams, so I did, scary alot of times, because I'd get scacred, or it seemed harder to get back down, as it seemed easier to fly. I remember having so many dreams of me flying, one time I told my brother I was able to fly, till I realized they were only dreams. We do go through a lucid dream, which is the deepest part of the sleep we're in. There are levels of counciousness before literal death, and lucid dreaming is way up there, just a few or so levels down before death. I forget exactly how close that state of counsciousness is from it, but I know it's pretty close. When we do dream, we go along with our dream like it's a story. The dreams we can't control, even if we know we are dreaming, is a story for oneself, just observing it, even if it looks like we're in the middle of it, doing things, whether it be scary, or cool. It's whether if we can decipher the dream or not. What does these dreams mean, really. Becuase it seems like ur killing ducks with a club or something, doen't mean that's what ur dream means, but it can also, just totally depends. Interpreting one's dream is more of a feeling. I love interpreting dreams. I do as much with my dreams, interpreting them. Dreams are basically codes. Alot of times when we dream, we take what we did, learned, think, or whatever throughout the day, and try to store it, save it, whatever we did, or whatever, while we sleep. And that's our way of trying to remember, making it seem like it's some krazy dream like so. Again, it depends on what we see in our dreams. The trick is, learning what every thing we see in our dreams, mean. To me, it's not hard for some reason to interpret dreams. Everything in a dream represents something. Those ducks could represent something in urself you don't like about ya, and ya want to get rid of those bad feelings, or thoughts u have on something, the club would obviously b ur choice of weapon to get rid of em, but that's not important. The ducks are around water right. The water also represents something if u seen water. Was the water calm, or somewhat violent, was it day, night, full moon, 1/2 moon, clouds, no clouds, all these things represents something too, also what kind of ducks were they. The yellow bath tub duck, or a regular duck, but think u said yellow ducks.
Sometimes we can see the future and past in our dreams to the literal real deal. Just on how u really feel about the dream is what counts. Sometimes you can't tell, so that's when you gotta try and remember all the details you can remember in a dream. I can give another example, but won't.... moslty cuz I don't like how it ended, for the most part, was bout me tho, the ending of that specific dream. I had another dream, I even emailed a network about it. So, no doubt I've been flagged for it, especially since it did happen. I do understand numbers in a dream. But the configuration of the numbers I didn't get really....was like
0034000 004300, something like that, but a row of 6 of em, which is the only part I will speak of in that dream. Would like to get hynoptized or somthin so I can remember how the numbers went exactly, because I keep thinkin bout it still. I had it on paper, but lost it of course, mostly cuz it's been some time now.
But anyways, can't say it's a sin, unless if that what it really felt like in ur dream.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

" If you are full aware that you are dreaming and use this to your advantage to do as you please no matter what the action may be, is this wrong? If you knew for a fact, that there was no consequences at all from your actions, things you would never do in real life because it would be wrong, all become viable.

Does this equate to a sin? "

In a word, yes.

No consequences here, on this plane, does not translate into guilt free, only no punishment here and now.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FalknFerno

That's very interesting, that you have remembered so much. Did you write it down as a child? Did you discuss it with your folks?

I only recall tree topping around the area. I don't recall anything specific from those trips, other than the feeling of falling at the end. I never discussed them with anyone as a child.

The cool thing about it is, we know we have a soul. At least I know it.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What a night you guys... well, morning actually. FINALLY was I able to ask a few questions, although, next time I am only asking ONE. Ill explain why.

This morning I woke up, normal, no lucid dream or out of body deal so I decided to go back to sleep since it was only 7 in the morning. Half of the dream I would say was a normal, uncontrollable dream, but within this dream I did become lucid fortunately. I was in a room with a bunch of people who were previously in the dream, just this time I realized where I was and decided to make the most of the opportunity.

I was sort of stuck for questions since no one replied with a specific one they wanted to ask, so I tried to think of my own. What was weird was I had a very weird feeling when asking questions, something i've never felt, almost like a pressure in my head. Two of the questions I was lucky enough to remember after I woke up, one I only remember parts of and dont want to type the wrong thing, so will try again next time. One thing that did not help was the fact that someone stole my pen, lol, I found another one in my room on my desk but I think I would of had a LOT more luck remembering the weird answer if I was quicker to write down.

Ok, so here we go. Three questions were asked, two I received pretty different answers, not something I expected but will still toss it out there. One of the three was impossible to remember in how cryptic it was, it was almost like a question in a question. The whole experience actually lasted about two hours, longer then most, and I actually knew I had limited time to ask these things before I woke up.

1: Do we have a soul?
This question did not get answered sadly, they were very reluctant to even talk answer anything I asked while lucid. I tried several times only to have a back turned to me, and finally someone said they did not want to talk about such things. I am not sure if they diddnt want to talk about questions in general, or just this question specifically so this is why I want to ask one question per experience to get a more accurate response.

2: What is the purpose of life?
This was answered in an extremely cryptic way, like a question answered with a question. I am definitely going to focus more on this one for my next experience. I was so bummed that I couldent remember this I even tried to go back to sleep to re-enter the same dream, but when you have someone decide to mow the lawn it sort of nullifies any chances.

3: Is there such thing as time travel?
THIS is the question I remember the most, because something very weird happened. I can actually write this without reading from my dream journal it was that pronounced. I came across a lady, and asked her if there was such thing as time travel. She was extremely reluctant to answer, and also had a little almost post-it pad in her hand that seemed to have writing on it - no luck reading it. She pulled a page from it and finally told me that 'she did not want the same thing to happen again.'? I have no idea what the hell this means, wish I did. Now, the very weird part. A little boy came out after she said that. It was ME, but it looked nothing like me. I don't know how I knew it was me, but it was. I have no idea if this lady was a mother of some sort, just I know this little boy was me. Then, not even a second after that, I woke up.

Believe me I tried to go back to get more answers, although I think excitement may have came into play as well with not being able to fall back asleep. I really hope I am able to experience this again very soon so I can get better answers, even if its cryptic, I want to remember it. Also, since the last question was so damn profound for some reason, I think that may also have had an effect on me not remembering previous questions so well, and again, more reason to only ask one per experience.

Anyway, I promised I would post once I had a chance to ask some questions, and while it may have not been as promising for all of you, it was more then promising to me. I cannot wait to try this again, to have a question in mind that I want answered instead of going into it blind, and trying to think of one on the spot. Let me know what you all think, and maybe even if you have any ideas about what to ask, or what to re-ask, I would love to get some input. Thanks again for reading and hope I am lucky again tomarro morning, since it almost always happens in the early morning and not late at night.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
DUDE!
two nights ago I had a dream where they or it or something was trying to describe "time travel" to me. I answered in comprehension with an image of a large ball of twine...and in response to my erronous idea, I got the image of a muscle and that all the parallel universes are like the fibers and then I "understood" (the only way to explain how I received any information in the dream because there were no characters or people in the dream) anyway...I understood that there are "major" events (like a 9/11 or something...might have got that while awake..anyway) major events from time to time intersect all of the fibers and at that intersecting point it is receptive to time travel...sort of like an elevator door doesn't open up on the 3.65 floor but does on the 3rd and 4th and so on....
I'm sure it was all crap and I know nothing about time travel theories and this isn't the "explain your dream" post but I thought it was weird as hell that you had a time travel dream and that was my first dream of any "instructional" type thing and it was time travel.

Now, as far as asking about if we have a soul......ask them if they are allowed to answer.
I still am not even close to anything lucid but earlier this week Jerry Seinfield "cocker spaniel blocked" me with Elieen..(dream of course)
Keep trying for questions and seeing if you can extend dream time further than real time.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
DUDE!
two nights ago I had a dream where they or it or something was trying to describe "time travel" to me. I answered in comprehension with an image of a large ball of twine...and in response to my erronous idea, I got the image of a muscle and that all the parallel universes are like the fibers and then I "understood" (the only way to explain how I received any information in the dream because there were no characters or people in the dream) anyway...I understood that there are "major" events (like a 9/11 or something...might have got that while awake..anyway) major events from time to time intersect all of the fibers and at that intersecting point it is receptive to time travel...sort of like an elevator door doesn't open up on the 3.65 floor but does on the 3rd and 4th and so on....
I'm sure it was all crap and I know nothing about time travel theories and this isn't the "explain your dream" post but I thought it was weird as hell that you had a time travel dream and that was my first dream of any "instructional" type thing and it was time travel.

Now, as far as asking about if we have a soul......ask them if they are allowed to answer.
I still am not even close to anything lucid but earlier this week Jerry Seinfield "cocker spaniel blocked" me with Elieen..(dream of course)
Keep trying for questions and seeing if you can extend dream time further than real time.

A little tip that might help you gain lucidity. If you ever have the feeling that you are able to see through your eyelids, that is the perfect time to try an OOBE. Sometimes you may also hear sounds, which also are sort of a signal for the right time. I wish it came as natural to others as it does to me, I would think there would be a lot more research and scientific evidence in that area.

I actually wonder how a sleep study would go with me entering a lucid or out of body state.. hmmmmm lol

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm not of a religious background, but for argument's sake, sure you can. Coveting your neighbor's property or wife is a sin. If you have a lucid dream about living in his home or sleeping with his wife, you're sinning.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If it was possible to sin while lucid dreaming, the commandments should of stated that. Dreams were not unknown to the prophets, since they often wrote about their dreams and state so literally in the texts.

If the law was also to govern dreams, they would of included that in the law i believe. Abraham was told to sacrifice his own son in a dream if you remember on an altar. That was not a sin, but a test of his faith. When he tried to do so when he woke up, God stopped him and provided a ram for the offering instead.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
So I had many lucid dreams since my last post, more akin to astral projection in terms of the way I exited my body and left my room, but wanted to shed some light on a fun new activity I do while in this state.

I really enjoy blowing up cars with fireballs from my hands in my lucid dreams, picking up cars with my mind and throwing them miles away, or doing things that generally would require super powers here on earth. What a liberating feeling to be a god in a sense, to have no boundaries to bind you, and the possibilities are limitless. It really makes me wonder as well, if you had these powers here on earth, how absolutely near impossible it would be to not abuse them. I give god all the credit in the world for his near perfect restraint, because when I am lucid or astral, I am the creator.

Could these be considered a "sin" in the traditional term? Its only a dream.. right?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
After quite some time, and a few more journeys and astral encounters, I have come to the conclusion that you can sin while in the astral, or even while lucid dreaming. I do believe it is quite a grey area, although over time since beginning this thread I have learned and felt a lot while out of body. One of the major things I felt was that doing wrong while in the astral, is still doing wrong.

By being able to control yourself, and controlling yourself to do something you know is wrong even when it does not effect anyone, is still a sin.

I have learned that the ability to astral travel is something that should be used for knowledge and pursuit of your spiritual side, and not for feeding the always hungry ego with pleasure and such. I find it very hard to control when out of body to not give into things when there is absolutely nothing there to stop you, but to prevail over such thoughts is an amazing feeling.

While I still have a long way to go in improving myself spiritually, I believe this is one of the most important aspects of my journey. I am to conquer myself while out of body, the selfish self, and to use that time for kindness, knowledge, and love.

It seems to me the ego is a very strong thing while out of body though. I do not know why, but the desire is much, much stronger then in the physical. My opinion is because there is nothing stopping you. You are all-powerful and can do whatever you want. That is a dangerous thing to be... But, to overcome that, to be all powerful and use that for only goodness, is the ultimate strength.

I apologize for resurrecting this old thread, but wanted to share some new insights into this topic that have come up over the last few months. I feel there is a great wealth of information within that pertains to both astral travel and also the philosophy behind the act of sin.

Enjoy the read, and hopefully I may get a some feedback on this new point of view.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join