It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Objects Caught by Illinois and Missouri Game Trail Cameras

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

About them bookmarks. I know what you mean, so I started to c & p them into NOTEPAD , the ones I never wanted to lose.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Sorry for the image size, but I wanted to preserve detail. I created an animated gif based on the original photographs which were composited with a daytime photograph of the scene. I have to concur that it does, indeed, appear to be reflections from a spider web.

h**p://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w51/wncranger/hcamcomp.gif

Edited to add link to gif

[edit on 16-4-2008 by rwiggins]

[edit on 16-4-2008 by rwiggins]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rwiggins

Spiderweb? How do you figure? I don't see it, and I worked in optics for almost ten years. Maybe you're right, but I don't see it, please elaborate!

How does a spiderweb, shine patterned light on to the forest floor?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Dear Toasted,

The night photographs were composited with a daylight photograph of the same scene. The lighting is consistent with that of a camera flash reflecting/refracting off dew condensate on a spiderweb. Size, scale, color and location are consistent with same. Please note that while I cannot draw a definite conclusion, as I have no physical access to the scene, I can form an opinion based upon the data at hand and from experience. Therefore I state, it appears to be a spiderweb.

More accurately, I should have stated that the data observed is consistent with light projected from the hunting camera flash assembly reflecting/refracting from dew condensate on an apparent spiderweb.

I suppose it could be something else, but what fits with the data at hand? I would be very interested in your opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rwiggins

Not really enough data, and the OP has disappeared too...

Was hoping for some feedback from him.

Going back to the earlier pix, and seeing that bar and then the reflections, I wanna say an object is floating there and there are internal rotating lights, but the object doesn't seem to have a defined shape either.

I got fooled before with some doggone balloon that was spinning! It was a real odd one.

Anyways back to this thing. Like I said I wanna say an unk object floating with spinning internal lights, but there is the lack of a defined shape to the object that has me thinking that it is an anomaly I'm unfamiliar with. And I think it is the movement that really has me unsure. You know, where the object appears to be shining light on the ground in different spots. Had it been just that object [for lack of a better term ] not moving and only one reflection on the ground, I'd be more inclined to think there is something very close to the lens. But this is at night, so if there is a web, then it has to be between the lens and the flash.

I'm grasping for straws...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Hiyah "toasted"

First of all, the OP hasn't disappeared....

He/She was on tonight...

I was wondering if you had read ALL the way through this whole entire thread...because the spiderweb debate rages on for several pages, with proof of the "pro" side of it with photographic examples of other spider webs on a camera set to film wildlife such as these, that show the same result....

Now granted, nothing was ruled in or out totally here...just a lengthy debate with examples shown during the whole entire thread investigation....

If you haven't read through the entire thread, I suggest you do so
Before you start thinking that the "op" has disappeared or is ignoring your posts, I think many of your questions will be answered when you read the whole thing

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Interesting, Toasted. So you think the light source originated with the anomaly and not with the flash unit of the hunting camera? Also, how do you reconcile the anomaly's size, position and movement when viewed in a daylight setting? Why can it not be a spider web? In other words, what scenario best fits?

reply to post by toasted

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Well as lateapexer kindly pointed out rumuors of my dissapearance are greatly exaggerated, I just have not been focusing on this thread, sorry.

It seems to me toasted, having read your posts, the part of the concensus you may be having a problem with is the light on the ground.

Let me explain my take on this, the upper part of the reflection is probably a single dew covered strand of web that is being moved by air currents therefore causing the movement that we see.

The lower reflection I believe is being caused by further strands of dew covered web on the ground which causes the same apparent shape as the higher one.

Of course I have only explained what has satisfied my mind given what I know from the images and environment, anyone else is free to make their own conclusions however.

I hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well let me try to explain what i think we are looking at (lol i don't think someone will understand it: it's too complicated even to me to get it but anyway lemme try)

In my opinion they are two parts of a spider web (2 & 3) hanged on a place "x" (1).
The part labeled "2" hangs to a short strand, while between "2" and "3" thre's a longer strand: this would explain the "pendulous like" movement that we see in the sequence.

[edit on 23/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
These are flies! Nothing more. The second object seen as a "reflection" is not a reflection at all, but just another insect caught in the frame. You can see the bugs flying all over in some of the shots. The disk shape is due to the motion blur effect off of the insect as it passes across the field of view and as the light changes reflective intensity on the insect over the few milliseconds of exposure.

Were making mountains out of mole hills here folks. I have seen this exact thing dozens of times with my own video camera while filming night fishing. Bugs swarming all over making the exact same effects.

Also spiderwebs will create very much the same effects. So this is also a very valid explaination.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Creedo]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
LateApexer313

rwiggins

sherpa

internos

Ok, I think I get it now, that graphic helped out because I had not gone through the entire thread.

I do recall how dew can sit along a thread of a spiders web.

All these last comments helped. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Way to go Internos!

Great explanation with graphics to explain it way better then I could

You're very welcome toasted...it's still interesting though isn't it? It makes you realize how something as little as a spider web can produce images such as these...

Just makes you realize how great the members here on ATS are at researching with open minds, trying to find and or rule out, all logical explanations first

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Angrylightbulb
There seems to be something else in the pic and it looks like it is on or right above the grass. It seems similar to the one in the air but dimmer and not as elongated. Could it possibly be some kind of reflection onto the ground from the thing in the air?? it said it was in November so there might be a thin layer of frost on the ground.

looks like the reflection of the radio-controlled model on the ground. either it's a model - or were talkin 4 inch high aliens here..

j.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
LOOKS LIKE IT'S JUST A SPIDER WEB REFLECTING THE FLASH OF THE CAMERA. THE LOWER 'REFLECTION' IS JUST ANOTHER STRAND OF WEB. IT'S JUST DEW BUILT UP ON THE WEB.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I see these all the time on my camera. I don't think it is anything except anomolies with the camera.

And I see them in the day and night.

If someone would like to see my pictures they can email me and [email protected]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join