It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Objects Caught by Illinois and Missouri Game Trail Cameras

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Flying bugs, or some how reflective light off a dew ridden spider web....

I was thinking spider web, too, but would that be enough to trigger the camera? They generally don't have enough size to do that. And nothing else seems to be in the range of the camera at the same time to trigger it.

I was also thinking that maybe it was lights from cars passing by on a nearby road filtering through the trees. That might possibly account for the way the angle changes on the little "reflections" shown in the foreground. Sort of the way the light on your bedroom wall shifts at night as cars pass by outside.

It might also account for the slight variations in the color and hue of the lights, as different kinds of headlights, either halogen or tungsten.

Just guessing. Not debunking.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

I was also thinking that maybe it was lights from cars passing by on a nearby road filtering through the trees. That might possibly account for the way the angle changes on the little "reflections" shown in the foreground. Sort of the way the light on your bedroom wall shifts at night as cars pass by outside.

It might also account for the slight variations in the color and hue of the lights, as different kinds of headlights, either halogen or tungsten.

Just guessing. Not debunking.

I'd say that's a pretty good theory. As I explained in an earlier post, I'm in the scouting cam industry and a bug will 100% not trigger this camera. A car, however, definitely would. They run so hot, game cams have been known to pick them up a mile or more away depending on positioning. I know the shutter rate changes slightly (usually automatic) for night imaging which would explain the blur, the roundish portions and range of discoloration, but judging from the thickness of the woods, I don't know how likely that is. Could be an ATV or flashlight.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by rivos]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Couldn't this be caused by insects. The video, or digital anomaly makes fast moving objects like insects look like this.

What do you all think it is? "Wood nimphs", tiny UFO's?

You won't ever see the truth if you buy into whatever's sold to you.

(I edited my less than polite words, sorry about that.)

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Electro38]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I was also thinking that maybe it was lights from cars passing by on a nearby road filtering through the trees.

I know the shutter rate changes slightly (usually automatic) for night imaging which would explain the blur, the roundish portions and range of discoloration, but judging from the thickness of the woods, I don't know how likely that is. Could be an ATV or flashlight.

Possibly. That might also explain why the lights seem to "jump around" in height and angle. They don't all come from the same spot on the same flat road, but rather along a bumpy trail or something in the distance.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by special ed
don't get me wrong you guys are great researchers

These are kids and kook's trying anyway they can to perpetuate fantasies. Quickly buying into whatever is presented, as long as it supports what they want to believe.

If something looks weird, it automatically must be supernatural or extraterrestrial!

That's not research.

Mod Note Please Review: Courtesy Is Mandatory

To engage in stimulating, topical discussion we must minimize the disruption caused by off-topic digressions, and insults or other forms of personal commentary are always off-topic.

[edit on 11/4/2008 by Sauron]

Agreed Sauron. My apologies for my bad choice of words. I might have more eloquently described such people as "the fanciful youth", and "other worldly romantics".

Seriously, bad choice of words, my apologies.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

This one is in front of the trees, which rules out headlamps behind the trees shining through the forest...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rackham
Looks like bugs flapping their reflective wings during a semi-long exposure. The kind of exposure a digital camera would take in low light...

In the animated gif posted above you can see there are actually dozens of them all over the place, not all of them are the same sixe.

I agree. It's most likely a some sort of a bug and nothing else.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
Come on... are you people really that desperate to perpetuate fantasies?

These are insects. The video, or digital anomaly makes fast moving objects like insects look like this.

What do you all think it is? "Wood nimphs", tiny UFO's?

You won't ever see the truth if you buy into whatever's sold to you.

The only possible way this could happen is if there is some other source outside of the cam's flash range that has enough heat signature to trigger the cam. Come to think of it, that is the most likely explanation. If a buck or some other animal either passed through the camera's coverage area before it triggered the camera would still take the photos (consecutively as most scouting cams have some type of continuous capture feature) all the while some little bug is flying around. I never thought it was a UFO or a Wood Nymph LOL! Trust me, I get all sorts of pics from people who think they've got something strange, but it's clearly rain or moisture reflecting the flash - not a million "ghost orbs"!

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed
This one is in front of the trees, which rules out headlamps behind the trees shining through the forest...

How can you tell it's in front of the trees and not behind them? The irregularity tends to suggest that it's being partially obscured by something in the distance, like trees or sticks. Is there something I'm missing that indicates for sure that there is nothing between the light source and the camera?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Perhaps my monitor is brighter, I can see a thick tree behind the object.

I inverted the image and gave it some contrasts. the gray vertical bar behind the object is a tree.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rivos

How do you know under what conditions this image was captured? Also, how can we be sure we know exactly how this particular camera operates, or that it is even a "trail cam"?

What if there were a swarm of insects flying in a large group past one of these cams at night? Could that set off the cam?

We don't know exactly how this cam works, how it was set up, or that it was an image taken from such a cam.

(BTW, I wasn't addressing you specifically, when I posted my previous reply.)

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

You obviously neglected to read this entire thread, all of that information was given from the person that owns the cameras. Sherpa has the exif data, the camera make and model along with photos of the site in the daytime. And he is in touch with the person who's cameras took these photos.

If you're interested in that information, perhaps you should take the time to read the entire thread before you start asking questions as most of them would probably been answered for you.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
ive seen that object on UFO Hunters episode 8 or 9 cant remember ... but yeah one witness have seen that exact thing.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

We don't know exactly how this cam works, how it was set up, or that it was an image taken from such a cam.

I would recommend you look at the post that includes the first part of the EXIF data taken directly from these images.

I hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I love these skeptics who have like 9 points. Were you all banned at some point, and keep trolling back? Dis-info? Why must you all insist that anyone who posts "proof" is out for attention or the impossible to find money? If I owned a business, I would mention it as well if given a larger audience. Thats free advertising baby! Lets just look at this objectively, and maybe stop posting the same thing your buddy did. If it is a Bug, it will be easily replicated under similar conditions. Hmmmm, how about giving some people a little breathing room, as it's no wonder why most don't come forward. Both the skeptics and believers attack the evidence.

And I believe that if this was a bug or spider web, or whatever, then it was triggered by a passing animal, not a bug. Otherwise, this dude would have months and months of this kind of stuff, not to mention whatever the other camera owners would have picked up.
So all that leaves is to check the source and see if it is reflecting light, or producing light from energy..

Edit; Because I can...

[edit on 11-4-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

Well thanks for that photo samureyed! The object looks like it's definitely in front of the trees to me. Anyone else?

Guess it's not headlights shining through the trees afterall...good work!

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
reply to post by rivos

How do you know under what conditions this image was captured? Also, how can we be sure we know exactly how this particular camera operates, or that it is even a "trail cam"?

What if there were a swarm of insects flying in a large group past one of these cams at night? Could that set off the cam?

"Cuddeback" (pronounced Cuddy-back) is a widely known game scouting camera manufacturer in the hunting community - as are a few others (like Wildview, Moultrie, & Stealth Cam). Google them, and you will find them. It is difficult to say what conditions the camera was in, but judging that is was Mid-November in Missouri, probably really cold. Insects do not have enough heat signature, if any - nor a swarm of them - to set of this type of camera. Basically how these types of cams work is it sends out a passive infrared, or PIR, (look up passive infrared on wikipedia) signal out that detects heated, moving objects. Once it detects this type of motion the camera automatically takes a photo, series of photo, or a video, depending on what features are available. Depending on the manufacturer trigger time can range anywhere from 1 second or less to up to 3 seconds or more. Large game such as bear, deer, wild hogs, turkeys easily activate the camera where as smallers game like squirrels, racoons, rabbits, & small birds rarely activate the camera - sometimes if conditions are juuust right it does, but this is not common at all.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by rivos]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rivos

Thanks for you participation rivos it is invaluable to have someone here who has actual hands on experience with this equipment and knows what they are talking about.

Have a star for your contribution

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
A little food for thought. Here's an animation with a line indicating the angles of the reflections. Also, it's interesting to note the related, smaller reflection in the lower left-hand corner, that I first thought was a bug, but actually appears to be related to the lights, also.

And the times? Well, just after the movies let out, and just before the bars close? Maybe?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Thanks Nohup I wanted to do that but I can't work out this darn animator 5 thingy.

I am going to have to speak to internos

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join