It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Objects Caught by Illinois and Missouri Game Trail Cameras

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Tricky subject to place in the right category but because the object looks kinda like a UFO I will place it here.

So, the big question, what the heck is it ?

“I don’t know what this is – but hopefully, I never have to encounter this while I’m hunting.” - Missouri hunter and game trail camera owner

“I don’t know what this is – but hopefully, I never have to encounter
this while I’m hunting.” - Missouri hunter and game trail camera owner

November 5, 2007, beginning at 9:34 PM Central, Sarcoxie, Missouri.
One of twelve images shown in this Earthfiles report of unknown, small,
aerial object close to ground photographed over four hour period
on Missouri hunter's Cuddeback Digital Camera.

Bob Coine: “When I first put my deer camera's six frames up on YouTube and Woods N Water TV (Outdoor Channel) for feedback that might help explain what my photos were, one of our viewers sent me a series of pictures that he had not shared with anybody because they were really odd. They were not even similar to the photos I had taken. These photos show what appears to be a roundish object with a series of odd, circular shapes around the outside. When you get to the far left or far right on the thing moving through the dozen photographs, the object seems to be turning. I really see that when I bring his Missouri photos up as a series, and flip through them fast. This object appears not only to be rotating, but going up, down and right and left, as well as reflecting light on to the ground.

WHAT PROVOKED THE CAMERA TO TAKE THE PHOTOGRAPHS?

No idea! Obviously this (disc) thing – whatever it is – was able to trigger the camera. So, there must have been motion detected or the infrared beam was broken in order to trigger these pictures.

THIS MAN WHO SUBMITTED THE PHOTOGRAPHS TO YOU, HE HAD AN INFRARED-TRIGGERING DIGITAL CAMERA JUST LIKE YOURS?

Yes. But his is manufactured by a different company called Cuddeback Digital Scouting Cameras. It’s stamped on each photo, along with the date and time.

WHY DID HE HAVE THE CAMERA SET UP?

Basically for imaging deer, as a lot of hunters do, to know which type and sex of deer are on the game trail. I learned about this in his February 14, 2008, email after my TV show. He wanted to get hold of someone concerning my six deer cam photos. I’ll read his email verbatim:

‘Thank you for replying. I’m sending you these pictures in the attachment. There are 13 separate pictures [ Editor's Note: 12 are shown below], and I assure you, just as you said, these are not doctored pictures. It was just as much a surprise to me as it was to my family when I showed them.

Notice as the object moves side-to-side, there is a reflection on the ground that moves in close relationship to the object. I have a picture that shows me back there two hours prior to this with nothing unusual in the area, so I don’t know what this is – but hopefully, I never have to encounter this while I’m hunting.

If you think you could find more information about this, please use the photos any way you can.’

Complete story here

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Oh, how strange. I read a post yesterday concerning something very, very similar. The only difference is that the shiny reflective thing is positioned laterally as opposed to horizontally. Let Me see....

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I found the earlier post. It was posted by SIRRI and titled Objects caught by Illinois game cameras. How weird. Wonder what it could be??

Peace. K*

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thanks, I get the feeling the guy in that story was the guy who posted his images on youtube to see if anyone could identify them.

He then received an email from the guy who caught the images in this thread on his game camera.

Pretty bizarre.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Here are some closeups of the object.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Thanks for sharing this one my friend!

It's hard to say what it could actually be, but of course it's very odd.

I'd say that one strange thing is that it never changes size, even four hours after the first shot, it's almost identical.
Here
there are some google results, but it seems that there's nothing more than what you've already posted

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There seems to be something else in the pic and it looks like it is on or right above the grass. It seems similar to the one in the air but dimmer and not as elongated. Could it possibly be some kind of reflection onto the ground from the thing in the air?? it said it was in November so there might be a thin layer of frost on the ground.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Looks like bugs flapping their reflective wings during a semi-long exposure. The kind of exposure a digital camera would take in low light...

In the animated gif posted above you can see there are actually dozens of them all over the place, not all of them are the same sixe.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's funny how there are little reflections or flares of the lights also shown in the ground and in the leaves. Which I guess could indicate something, although I don't know exactly what.

These automatic cameras are quite the deal, huh? Glad somebody was able to figure out a decent system for that. UFOs, Bigfoot, naked people traipsing through the woods. Good stuff.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Thanks internos, your animation makes quite a difference and now shows what seems like a reflection or light cast on the ground which was not evident in the stills.

I must learn how to do that one day

[edit on 10-4-2008 by sherpa]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Well, it seems that we agree that the one above the grass is a reflection or something like that

i've noticed an odd detail: in this frame

the reflection looks more sharp then the "original" (in its middle we can spot two white dots rather than a line), but i have no idea what this could mean.

[edit on 10/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Look in the daylight picture at the background where the object appears. When enlarged it looks like there is a more rectangular group of pixels then those made up of trees. It might just be a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Yes I would say reflections.

In several frames there are actually 2 reflections which would suggest 2 reflecting facets so is this thing spinning, surely if it was there would be a continous band of reflection, would there not ?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I hope in the future the game camera people will give more details of the surrounding area. Mention buildings, road, lights, activities, etc. This would make it easier to rule out a big group of man made artifacts.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I just might be too drowsy at this time in the morning, but for some reason those images remind me of the movie "Batteries Not Included" with the small living UFO's. Its as if its shining a beam of light onto the grass looking for mice to abduct.

Good find for the OP! I hope someone would be able to discount the possibility that this is just an image/lightsource artifact.

The images placed vertically adjacent of the enlarged "object" does make it seem as if its rotating, at least, the three center sections seems to be moving back and forth like a Cylon's "eye".

Again...........I just might be really sleepy right now

Edit: I don't see too many bugs being out on a cold November night in Missouri or Illinois. (I'm in Iowa, kind of in the middle of these two states)

Sherpa, Internos, excellent postings!

[edit on 11-4-2008 by CreeWolf]

[edit on 11-4-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Real interesting Sherpa nice find

Got know idea what this could be! Internos could you maybe calculate the size of this light?

Great job Sherpa and Internos!

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Internos' "reflections" are in all the frames.

I'm thinking "flashlight".

Did the camera owner happen to take a flashlight out and scan the area him or herself with a flashlight?

If not, I'd check the ground on 'this' side of the camera for footprints as somebody else might have been on the property, scanning the deerfield with a flashlight.

I'd also check the ground for any reflective, silverish rubbish (trash).

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GUNSINWAR
Got know idea what this could be! Internos could you maybe calculate the size of this light?

Sadly, in order to make such a calculation, we would need more shots
taken from different angles, and then, so perhaps we may be able to make a triangulation.
I can hazard a guess that is close to the camera, but that's just a guess.

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
Internos' "reflections" are in all the frames.
I'm thinking "flashlight".
Did the camera owner happen to take a flashlight out and scan the area him or herself with a flashlight?
If not, I'd check the ground on 'this' side of the camera for footprints as somebody else might have been on the property, scanning the deerfield with a flashlight.
I'd also check the ground for any reflective, silverish rubbish (trash).

Good points: i had that doubt too, but i think that there's definately a relation between the object and the light that we see on the ground: in same frames it's more noticeable, in some others it's barely noticeable:

I also wonder what's the shape and the material of the object: because if the light source is always the same, then it's not normal that there are variations so dramatic in the position of the reflection (IF it's a relection). The bright spot that we see in some frames to the left, may be bugs or something like that, imho.
I wonder if there are better res versions of these frames: then that would help. Perhaps Sherpa can contact them, and ask if they are.

[edit on 11/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Great thread guys

I can't think of anything that would give that kind of visual.

It seemed the 'reflection' may have been some type of light source aimed at the ground (LED?), but closer examination has the appearance of it being a reflection.

How could you create a reflection off a non-reflective surface such as foliage, especially at night? (they appear to be a minute apart in most frames)

The picture owner also states that the series of pictures were taken over a 4 hour period (which is corroborated by the time stamp of the photos ).

Maybe someone familiar with this type of set up can answer some query's I have :

With the motion detecting feature, would the camera only take a certain amount of pictures within a time limit? or does it just take pictures every time motion is detected?

It seems odd that the object would be there around 9'ish and then return to almost the exact same spot again around 1:00am.

There doesn't appear to be any frame showing it coming or going. I would believe the object wasn't travelling very fast as it doesn't have the 'blur' often associated with fast moving objects.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
it looks to me from the last little picture sequence from internos,that the light on the ground is being reflected from what ever it is floating about. Not the other way round.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join