It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China 'uncovers Olympic terror plot'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

You are welcome! Taking a thread off topic seems to be the game plan with some folks here. Have you seen this thread yet? www.abovetopsecret.com...'

It shows how Chinas claims of Tibetans as being a bunch of organized terrorist is nothing but the worst kind of propaganda. I don't believe anything that comes from China.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iammonkey
like Human rights violation

First you need to prove it first

and Don’t you confuse their lack of reporting that it’s not happing

Innocent until proven guilty?. Isn't that one of the fundamental ideas of democracy?. Your basically making excuses and claims without any basis of truth.

do you think there are human rights violations in china or not

Obviously there are. I can name you the violations I believe exist which is from my personal experience.

- Lack of a vote for national leader (China does have local elections kind of like Australias but no state or national elections)
- Free media as in TV media, they do report things but their is no analysis done. But is is basically nullified by almost everyone in China owing satellite TV or the internet WHICH IS NOT AS CENSORED AS YOU ARE LED TO BELIEVE
- Punishments in China are harsher than the west. Death penalties are given for things which only get life sentences in Australia like killing someone or corruption such as taking bribes or not enforcing safety laws which leads to death
- State governments have to much autonomy and national audits are rarely done
- Migrant populations and land rights. One fundamental difference between the west and china is land rights which is basically against everything the American revolution was against but its because of Chinas communist past not traditionally associated with China
- One child policy

There are more but there is a general idea of where China is at

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Another good link thank you. Yes, I have notice a lot of these topic go off the path. So I will not respond to any post on this thread that is off topic its like pulling teeth.Im no longer on the fence. The more I read and see or in some case the lack of information. I’m now leaning towards my first hunch when I first heard of this. I think its china propaganda. Now I’m sure my next opinion will offend.But I’m going to post what has been on my mind most of the day. This question is open to any one.
Taking in to account that its propaganda (my opinion) and seeing the SICK ways china treat humans do you think the following situation is a possibility?
THE SET UP. Tell the world a china plane was highjacked add a comment about Tibet planning suicide bombings, and then throw in this terror threat.
THE PAY OF. The Olympics. Round up prisoners who are facing the death penalty. Treat them to a nice happy day out, dressed as freemen. Place them in an out- door confined area. Make sure that TV camera can see them (a china TV crew) then bang. an explosion.
China could kill two birds with one stone they would
1. cry! “See, see, we told you.” plus get sympathy and take the attention of them been the bad guys.
2. get rid of a few 100 prisoners right in front of the watching world .and they walk away as the victims

Yes, I know it’s a sick thought, but I really wouldn't put anything pass china

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I think your scenerio is not that far fetched. China has a reputation for staging events to gain world sympathy. I have little time right now but will provide more links latter. This one is just the beginning.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Wow, it’s gone very quite after that link!

(this is not a 1 line post)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Staged what? Or are you talking about staged Protests by the Western MSM?

Western Media Fabrications regarding the Tibet Riots

Western Media Fabrications regarding the Tibet Riots
Fake Videotape used by CNN

by Michel Chossudovsky

Global Research, April 16, 2008

On the day of the Lhasa Riots (March 14, 2008), there is evidence of media fabrication by CNN.

The videotape presented by CNN in its News Report on the 14th of March (1.00pm EST) was manipulated.

VIDEO: Tibet monks protest against Chinese rulers (CNN, March 14, 2008)

The report presented by CNN's Beijing Correspondent John Vause focussed on the Tibet protests in Gansu province and in the Tibetan capital Lhasa.

What was shown, however, was a videotape of the Tibet protest movement in India.

Viewers were led to believe that the protests were in China and that the Indian police shown in the videotape were Chinese cops.

At the outset of the report, a few still pictures were presented followed by a videotape showing police repressing and arresting demonstrators in what appeared to be a peaceful protest:
JOHN VAUSE, CNN CORRESPONDENT

[CNN Vause reports on the protest movement in Gansu province. (starts at 1'.00)]

CNN received these photographs from Gansu province, where there is a large Tibetan population. [still photographs followed by video footage] According to Students for a Free Tibet, about 2,000 protestors took to the streets earlier today. They were there for about three hours. They flew the Tibetan flag and called for an independent Tibet. All of this comes after days of unrest in Tibet after monks, who were marking the 49th anniversary of a failed uprising against Chinese rule. (CNN News, 1.00pm EST, March 14, 2008)

The voice over of John Vause then shifts into reporting on violence in Lhasa. The videotape however depicts the Tibetan protest in Himashal Pradesh, India.

I assume you have read the whole article and analyzed what is right or wrong. Then here is another short movie of some other evidence that the Western MSM is making up stories too.

Prisonplanet seems to helping these Western MSM a bit too.
The alleged staged Amputee attack? You gotta be kidding me. Look at the whole article, it is one and all bringing up so-called evidence which are debunked MANY times in other threads in this ATS if you care to read it.

PLA with Monks robes --> They were playing for a movie. This is now like, yes it is, no it is not.
Terrorist Tibetan with Knife --> The accusation initially came from Epoch Times, this is a sponsored channel by the Falun Gong. You make up the stories for yourself further on then.
Amputee attack by terrorist --> Wow, they gotta be kidding us, so we put a Tibetan terrorist on the street next to "his friends" with a Chinese flag, and this terrorist is immediately promoted to be a recruited provateur. Talking about sensational and brainwashing theories.

By the way, IF China needed to recruit provocateurs, why the chaos and violence during the torch relay only occured in the Western world, while in kazahkstan, turkey, russia, argentina, tanzania, oman and pakistan the torch was only bring the olympic spirits in town with thousands of cheerful local supporters? and the security did what they are supposed to do to maintain order?

I still can't believe pro-Tibetan followers and anti-China crusaders will believe in these crappy propaganda by your own Western media.

[edit on 17/4/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

It has gone veru quiet in the other threads where the truth has been brought up. The next moment evidence are being debunked and proven to be biased and nothing more than simple propaganda by the pro-Tibetan camps, you will see another pro-Tibetan supporter opening yet a new thread trying to attract attention, which are again being debunked. This game is getting boring.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

Ichi...that is pretty thin. CNN admitted they had no access to Tibet, they started off with showing photos within Tibet, then used what footage they had. Americans are a pretty savey bunch of people, we could all tell they were not Chinese police but in fact Indian. Our media has a habit of using stock footage when they need a visual to go with the comentary.

The fact of the matter is that China uses propaganda on their own citizens and now the rest of the world. There are many Chinese living here in the U.S and I'll bet 95% of the adult population can tell the difference between Chinese and Indian.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You call this thin? You are now even defending CNN? After seeing these undeniable proof that CNN is lying you are still closing your eyes for the reality. The reality is that there is a systematic unethical propaganda reporting by certain Western MSM, for whatever purposes they have, money, greed or whatsoever.

Reality is that when CNN can simply use whatever footages they see fit to make their so-called truth more exciting, well, who can say where the pictures and the reporting accounts are coming from? For my part pro-Tibetan organizations had provided that.

Reality is that CNN was the first one starting to report the follow-up Lahsa reports, using these wrong footages to create sensation. And other Western MSM blindly and mindlessly just took over without cross-checking and verification and report CNN's biased stories.

And stop saying that Chinese people are brainwashed mindless people, the reality is now that the Chinese MSM does not need to do much and simply show the people what the Western MSM is reporting with these obvious unethical lower class journalism and people can already see that these Western MSM are attacking China is a systematic bias propaganda approach.

Feel free to keep on denying the reality, it's a free world after all.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Ichi..I knew what was happening in Tibet long before the riots and CNN came along. Most of us do not rely on mass media because it will at times put spin on a topic...your preaching propaganda to a bunch of people that can see propaganda miles away. Stop with CNN...Everyone on these threads gets their news from ATS. We just simply and utterly know what is happening in Tibet, East Turkestan and China.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan

By the way, IF China needed to recruit provocateurs, why the chaos and violence during the torch relay only occured in the Western world, while in kazahkstan, turkey, russia, argentina, tanzania, oman and pakistan the torch was only bring the olympic spirits in town with thousands of cheerful local supporters? and the security did what they are supposed to do to maintain order?

Maybe that’s all your media in China is telling you because I can tell you there where protests in Kazakhstan, there where large protests in Turkey, Russia had a small amount of protests, in Argentina there where thousands but where all kept “hidden” from the torch, Tanzania was not allowed public protests, but some people who where suppose to run with the roch refused to, so therefore protested, in Pakistan the route had to be cut very short and the relay actually took place in a stadium behind closed doors, now it’s off to India, with a lot more protests.

So no, it’s not just western countries.

Mikey

[edit on 17/4/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

You are now even starting with "East Turkmenistan"? Wow, you are starting to put your cause universal, so start doing some protest for the Serbs in kosovo, Kurds in Turkey, and so on

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Thought you have put me on ignore

Anyhow, look up the sources from a non-Western and non-Chinese media channel, and show me the same chaotic and violent protests like what we see in Kazahkstan, Turkey, Russia, Argentina, Tanzania, Oman, Pakistan

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
reply to post by Mikey84

Thought you have put me on ignore

Anyhow, look up the sources from a non-Western and non-Chinese media channel, and show me the same chaotic and violent protests like what we see in Kazahkstan, Turkey, Russia, Argentina, Tanzania, Oman, Pakistan

No, I never put anyone on ignore, no matter how ignorant they are. What’s the point of discussion boards if you’re just going to ignore the opinions you don’t like?

Exactly my point, its not just western media, go to the media of those countries where you claim there where no protests. You will see for yourself. Tanzania and Oman are the only ones that didn’t have a public protests, but Tanzania had a torch bearer quit in protest.

Mikey

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I have Ichi...where ever there are human rights violations I'm all over it. I'm on a thread right now giving my own government a lashing.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
No, I never put anyone on ignore, no matter how ignorant they are. What’s the point of discussion boards if you’re just going to ignore the opinions you don’t like?

My aplogies then, I have someone with Mike or something who sent me a U2U telling me he had put me on ignore
That's why the confusion. My apologies.

Exactly my point, its not just western media, go to the media of those countries where you claim there where no protests. You will see for yourself. Tanzania and Oman are the only ones that didn’t have a public protests, but Tanzania had a torch bearer quit in protest.

Mikey

No, I have been in those media too, even though there are limited protests, but overall speaking not noticeable. What I do notice is the increased security and the thousands of cheering corwds.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
Maybe that’s all your media in China is telling you because I can tell you there where protests in Kazakhstan, there where large protests in Turkey, Russia had a small amount of protests, in Argentina there where thousands but where all kept “hidden” from the torch, Tanzania was not allowed public protests, but some people who where suppose to run with the roch refused to, so therefore protested, in Pakistan the route had to be cut very short and the relay actually took place in a stadium behind closed doors, now it’s off to India, with a lot more protests.

Do you have a source for this?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It's BS, China didn't break up any terrorist plot. They harbor and encourage enemies of the US. In other words, they've been using Al Qaeda and other militias (including Iran) as a war by proxy against the US.

Never believe a dam thing the China Daily or China political figures say. You think the US is bad, China is tenfold at lies and deception.

Be smart, be aware of the China threat.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join