It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help with a riddle...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
i dont think it was about that article but thanks anyway,

as for 12.21.12's questions -

i have no idea what he is up to, he just goes and does his own thing i guess, i dont want to say his name because he didnt give me permission and i often dont give out my name on websites anyway, but hes not someone famous or anything

i actually think he did something in engineering before he retired,

ive really been bogged down with school, but im gonna look at all the ideas and make a folder of possibilities, it actually works out pretty well that he is gone, so i have more time to put everything together.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

You understand why I am not devuldging information then right? I just want to make sure your friend does not have any ill intentions towards these people.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
oh this going to drive me nuts!!!!

The only thing i have to add is maybe were thinking to literally. It is a riddle after all the solution is never what you think its going be.

3 mountains that form across or a cross???

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Hi tankthinker, your friend very possibly has a detailed map of the location and will narrow it down to the possibilities we on this thread have given entitled, I need help with a riddle, to match up with his detailed map his father left him.

I suggest that U2U be used for further conversation with me because the whole world will want to converge onto this particular location I have located. I am standing on the sidelines waiting until I know your friends intentions. Rik Riley

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Have you checked out the Lalibela churches? They are crosslike temples hewn down into the mountain. According to the myth surrounding the churches human workers worked on them during the day, while angels worked twise as fast during the night. However none of the cross shaped churches are made from three mountains, so I guess this isn't it, but a very interesting piece of architecture it is with an exciting story to tell.

en.wikipedia.org...
whc.unesco.org...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Another possibility is the three pyramids on the Giza platteu just outside Cairo. At first glance they seam to be placed on a straight line, but if you look closely the line they are placed along is curved. If you draw a golden spiral and place the three pyramids along the spiral where they fit in, the center or origo of the golden cross within that golden spiral is cituated exactly where the Sphinx is. This may be the solution to your riddle. Three mountains forming an invisible golden cross within an invisible golden spiral. I'll try to make a sketch of it later on if the OP'er likes....

Zechariah 4:7 "What are you, O mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become level ground. Then he will bring out the capstone to shouts of 'God bless it! God bless it!'"

[edit on 7/5/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I think Rik Riley has the right idea. There is a definite answer to this riddle, not just possible locations. But it will be revealed to many in the end. Which is why we are so curious about your friend.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
seriously i think you guys are making to big a deal out of this, i think that the civilization doesn't even exist, or don't live in the region anymore.

Besides my friend is just interested in his fathers work, nothing special

also he should be coming back soon either this or next week, by what my dad says (he is my dads good friend, thats how i met him).

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
www.geocities.com...

Is this the key to find some treasure like the Hall of Records? Let's dig in the start of the spiral and see if we find anything....

[edit on 17/5/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
May I suggest you plot that so you can find the location in google earth.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's not a CAD drawing, but it would be easy using the fibonacci sequence to draw a spiral, then mark the cross in. Just make a spiral based on phi and backwards engeneer it through placing the origo of the golden cross where the sphinx is. Then you find the origo of the spiral itself, and find a shovel.

What if ATS sponsored an expedition and we could apply for excavation etc. Just a thought. The idea isn't mine, I read it in a book some time back, can't remember the source.

[edit on 17/5/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is driving me crazy my brain is fried just ask this person to confess...

I think it's a trick question.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
3 points can only form a line or a triangle, you'd need at least 4 to make a cross. unless he means it's 3 mountains in a line that FORM a cross when looked at with nearby mountains, but there are so many combinations of mountains that it'd be like inventing your own constellations, based on your perception.

i'd say this guy is pulling your leg...but if you were to check anywhere i'd try either the rockies, the andes, or the mountain ranges of ancient mesopotamia

there are a lot of mountain ranges on mars, though

the tharsis volcanic range on mars. olympus mons is the top left. that kinda looks like a cross

but yea, in summary, millions of possible combinations. tell him to give you an actual riddle as opposed to a vague statement with no possible specific answer

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well there are many who know the answer to this riddle already. Although I am surprised in all of tankthinkers friends fathers research he did not find the answer. Althoug I imagine he didn't have the internet.

Yes there are four mountains but there is an added significance of three and it is on the earth, and the ancient civilization mentioned, is very much alive today.

Tankthinker, what kind of gifts do these ancient people supposedly have?

[edit on 23-5-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

for a guy that knows so much you sure do ask a lot of questions. seriously, why even bother.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

Tankthinker, what kind of gifts do these ancient people supposedly have?

[edit on 23-5-2008 by 12.21.12]

Thats the knowledge i get from finding the correct answer, by the way he isnt here yet but will be coming some time this week, ive also been really busy with my school work, i swear they make it so that you have no energy at all.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
There are 4 outer mountains and 3 inner mountains. Ask your friend about the number twelve.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
yea so he came back yesterday, but i wont have a chance to talk to him till im finished with my school assignments so...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
i'm quite interested indeed

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
if u ask me, then the mountains will hav to be seen from the sky. IF ur brother says three mountains form a cross, but thing is we dont kno wat direction we should look at it.
try and get more info bout it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join