It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SFO unlawful in ending BAE probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

SFO unlawful in ending BAE probe

news.bbc.co.uk

The High Court has ruled that the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) acted unlawfully by dropping a corruption inquiry into a £43bn Saudi arms deal.

Defence firm BAE was accused of making illegal payments to Saudi officials to secure contracts, but the firm maintains that it acted lawfully.

"It has been clear from the start that the dropping of the investigation was about neither national security nor jobs. It was due to the influence of BAE and Saudi princes over the UK government."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
At last a good bit of news relating to the waking up of others.. This time it was an entire legal system that woke up to the dodgy deals done to ensure the sales of arms.

This is one case where I am in complete agreement with the judges ruling and can only give a standing ovation.

For a body such as the SFO to be found guilty of such an act is a real slap in the face for the SFO, Saudi's and the British government and can only reflect onto all other major influences of the worlds governments and the governments themselves.

Let's have some more of this please..clean up the mess that's been made and get to the truth of all matters.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
so , saudi cancel the typhoon order - the RAF get less aircraft and less F35`s (if any) and 1000`s loose there jobs.

you do know there are 36 fighters defending UK airspace don`t you?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Now, if I remember correctly it was Tony Bliar who personally intervened and had the SFO investigation quashed. As a result of the High Court ruling will we now see Tony facing criminal charges too in this huge cover-up of governmental and corporate corruption? I won't hold my breath waiting

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

while i agree that Blair should face chargers for his interference in the case

it is the JOB of the police to ignore such political meddling and carry through the investigation

` tony Blair told us not to ` is not a valid reason to end an investigation .

we supposedly have legislation that prevents governmental tampering with the judiciary or police

new topics

top topics

join