It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cooper: Is he to be taken seriously or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I mourn the demise of Bill Cooper and I would have loved to have gone to one of his lectures just to hear him speak regardless that so much of what he talked about was really "over the top".

But in regards to UFO and Aliens, do some here believe everything that he said about these phenomena?

Or, is most of his stuff just hogwash like most people out there believe -- including most Ufologists?

It's well known that suffered from mental illness and that he was a substance abuser also, but to what extent did this distort his world view and how paranoid did he get before he was shot down by the police?

I mean... I'm watching him in this video and he seems very lucid but where is he getting all of this information from?

[edit on 10-4-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The only thing that ever made me think, "well, he got that right," was an old audio tape I listened to back in the late 90's.

On it he told the audience that, in time, NASA would finally get around to telling the public that Mars has polar ice caps and that the Moon also had frozen water at the poles. The audience was vocally skeptical

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by uv777bk
The only thing that ever made me think, "well, he got that right," was an old audio tape I listened to back in the late 90's.

On it he told the audience that, in time, NASA would finally get around to telling the public that Mars has polar ice caps and that the Moon also had frozen water at the poles. The audience was vocally skeptical

Well that's interesting! Thanks for sharing!

I wonder how he knew that? Very intriguing!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

Hey Thanks for an interesting post Palasheea!

Bill Cooper was an interesting character. Though I'm a skeptical believer, I actually thought that Cooper did tell some truths. Sure there were lies and embellishments in his stories but not everything. In some area's I thought he was right on the money. Behold A Pale Horse was also an interesting read and no more 'way-out' than many of the books in the genre. I always wondered if he may be a disinformation agent. It's possible!

My theory on him is that the things he believed/knew were true aggravated his mental condition and sent him all the more loopy making it harder for him to distinguish between truth and reality and probably added to his paranoia which ended up getting him shot in the end.

It's also possible (if he was an agent of dis info) that this is also what made him paranoid about the authorities - that they might want to shut him up and hence ended up in a fatal gun battle. Who knows ehh!

IRM

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I think cooper is a very credible person.
Even if you don't agree or believe anything. On a moral standpoint most he says is true.
Most what he says just makes sense.

For example , like he said on his radio show one time.

You want to take back control of the media ?
Buy their stocks and get on the board!!

Also if you check out his credentials in the navy. He could know a lot from the inside.
Next to this. I don't believe his death was an accident.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by abovetech
Also if you check out his credentials in the navy. He could know a lot from the inside.
Next to this. I don't believe his death was an accident.

I agree. I don't believe he was disinfo can someone source something with some evidence of that? That just sounds like total speculation.

Also, his death I don't believe was accidental either. The police blast music on his front lawn to draw him outside into a trap (mind you the guy was a double amputee??) and when he goes to investigate bullets start flying. hmmmmmm

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas
I agree. I don't believe he was disinfo can someone source something with some evidence of that?

About all I can source is his 4hr 40min. seminar of Behold a Pale Horse:

Google Video Link

In it, he admits and is fully open to the possibility that he may have been deliberately-fed disinformation while working at his TS relay post. Due to that possibility, he does suggest that people do their own research, come to their own conclusions, and not just "take his word for it".

It's been awhile since I've watched it all the way through, but, IIRC, he shows some Billy Meier slides as evidence. Most people don't feel that Meier is all that credible; so that may "hurt" some peoples' views regarding Cooper.

He also supported the belief that the driver was one of the JFK shooters. That's another belief that hurts his credibility in many peoples' eyes.

Overall, I'd say follow his advice. His ideas make for interesting springboards to research, but do the research and draw your own conclusions; don't just take his word for things.

[edit on 4/10/08 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
He also supported the belief that the driver was one of the JFK shooters. That's another belief that hurts his credibility in many peoples' eyes.

Actually, I'll back Cooper up on this. I've seen the footage that he refers to - frame by frame. I'm not sure if this was part of the censored-out film (and it is admittedly grainy when blown up that far) but the driver does appear to discharge a firearm (pistol) in the direction of Kennedy. He may have simply been defending himself after being shot through the back in an automatic response/reaction (understandable) or he could of been doing something far less savory. It's hard to tell from the angle the film was shot on.

IRM

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Look up the movie: Esoteric Agenda.

It claims that Bill Cooper predicted a false flag operation sanctioned by the US Government and that they would need to do it soon. This was just a few months before 9-11. He was killed just a few months after 9-11.

I don't know if he was for real or not, but I do believe that nothing happens by accident.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Some would certainly agree with you, while others merely see a reflection from Kellerman’s head.

~RM

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I can't believe people are still talking about this idiot.

The man was deluded. He thought Weekly World News was a reliable source; if I rememberly correctly he used it as a source in Beyond A Pale Horse.

And what were his views on UFOs and aliens? On one hand he claimed there were aliens visiting the Earth, and on the other he said UFOs were being faked by the NWO.

And of course his death was not an accident -- those cops meant to shoot him, but in self-defense while trying to serve a warrant on a belligerant, violent, deluded man.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

In it, he admits and is fully open to the possibility that he may have been deliberately-fed disinformation while working at his TS relay post

I think he was fed a lot of BS as well as some truthful info
to make him look like a loony tune!
Tell me this why like David Ickes books,is Beyond a Pale Horse
so freely available if it`s full of real factual evidence?(Well it is here in the Uk book stores)
I just don`t believe that publishers would be aloud to release
such information,unless of course it was mixed in with all the over the top
paranoid nonsense?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
I can't believe people are still talking about this idiot.

The man was deluded. He thought Weekly World News was a reliable source; if I rememberly correctly he used it as a source in Beyond A Pale Horse.

And what were his views on UFOs and aliens? On one hand he claimed there were aliens visiting the Earth, and on the other he said UFOs were being faked by the NWO.

And of course his death was not an accident -- those cops meant to shoot him, but in self-defense while trying to serve a warrant on a belligerant, violent, deluded man.

oh yea he was deffinitly a fake

mmm lets see, well he said something like 9/11 would happen on the radio...he said that according to world events which at the time was centered on osama that there would be a false flag in the united states to go to war, and that happened!

Again the polar ice caps stuff

not to mention he WAS KILLED!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Some here have said that Bill Cooper might have been a disinformation agent which is not too far off from what Jacques Vallee wrote in "Revelations".

In this book, Vallee gives several examples of when the Air Force and or other specialized gov't intelligence groups have sought out well known UFO investigators to channel UFO/Alien disinformation out to the public under the guise that those researchers were privileged to receive such information due to their prestige and standing within the UFO community. A number of researchers were mentioned. Then he goes into other tactics such groups used and below is an excerpt in that book that support those contentions made by some members here that Cooper may have been in some way a disinformer..

Another step in the effort to confuse the public and to destabilize serious research into UFOs was taken when John Lear came into contact with the claims of Paul Bennewitz. I have explained how this scientist had been persuaded by Bill Moore -- acting, as he now disclosed, under orders of the Air Force Office of Special Investigations -- that the aliens routinely abducted human beings. He believed that the extraterrestrials took them to an underground facility in Dulce where they suffered various indignities.

Bill Cooper and Bill English volunteered their own recollections of alleged secret documents that supported this thesis.

I am not questioning the good faith of their testimony.

The documents may have been nothing more than FABRICATIONS designed by their superiors to test their abilities to screen disinformation; both of them had clerical functions in an intelligence organization at the time.

It would have been only natural to test their degree of gullibility and their analytical skill by thrusting under their noses a document that mixed some elements of reality with some preposterous claims, as any good disinformation art would.

IF THAT WAS THE CASE, THEY CERTAINLY DID NOT PASS THE TEST.

Bill English, in fact, was dismissed from his intelligence job shortly after the incident, a dismissal that is now offered by the believers as further proof that the information was genuine!

Source: Vallee, Jacques, "Revelations", Ballantine Books, NY, (1991) p.178, p.179

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
mmm lets see, well he said something like 9/11 would happen on the radio...

Does anyone have an actual quote from him saying something like 9/11 would happen?

Or are did he say the government would do something bad, and supporters were looking for any bad event to make the prediction seem accurate.

he said that according to world events which at the time was centered on osama that there would be a false flag in the united states to go to war, and that happened!

Osama Bin Laden was not unknown to the world before Sept 11, and had already been behind several attacks before 2001. It was not a stretch by any means for someone to tie him to a conspiracy.

Really? Wow...what an amazing prediction, considering the polar ice-caps of Mars can be seen with low magnification telescopes.

And ice on the moon has been theorized since the 1960s by mainstream astronomers!

Do you know anything about the circumstances of his death, or are you just having an knee-jerk reaction to his death, "He was talking about conspiracies, and then he died!!!!!!!! He must have been silenced!!!!! Forget that he was a belligerant delusion violant man who shot at anyone who came close to his property then shot a cop trying to serve a warrant! He was silenced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I just wanted to let you know I am behind you on your thoughts and intuitions about WC.
As I have stated before, I met him at a peace rally through my Mom, and he later invited me on several occasions to his home to take a look at his library. He saw something in me that I did not see in him at the time, I blew it huh? Although we shared several phone conversations, there was never anything he said that I could not relate to or resonate with. I dropped out of the scene shortly after as it was getting too dangerous at that time in history, at least for me. The only way in those days to save your butt was to go totally public, but I just went silent instead. I have forgotten more than most will ever know, really... I feel very sorry for his family, they must miss him terribly.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing Antar! Very interesting! You definitely did the right thing and no doubt saved yourself a lot of grief too!

PS... but I too feel sorry for his family... what a tragedy. I'm looking over his material and I can't say that I disagree with everything that he's saying on this or that and a lot of it is quite fascinating too. I can see why he's got something close to cult following though because he comes across as being somewhat charismatic. This is not to say that this is a good thing, especially in this case because his message is too extreme...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

mmm lets see, well he said something like 9/11 would happen on the radio...

Does anyone have an actual quote from him saying something like 9/11 would happen?

Or are did he say the government would do something bad, and supporters were looking for any bad event to make the prediction seem accurate.

he said that according to world events which at the time was centered on osama that there would be a false flag in the united states to go to war, and that happened!

here watch this it will explain allot...

this is part 1 of 5

spikedhumor.com...

Osama Bin Laden was not unknown to the world before Sept 11, and had already been behind several attacks before 2001. It was not a stretch by any means for someone to tie him to a conspiracy.

Really? Wow...what an amazing prediction, considering the polar ice-caps of Mars can be seen with low magnification telescopes.

And ice on the moon has been theorized since the 1960s by mainstream astronomers!

Do you know anything about the circumstances of his death, or are you just having an knee-jerk reaction to his death, "He was talking about conspiracies, and then he died!!!!!!!! He must have been silenced!!!!! Forget that he was a belligerant delusion violant man who shot at anyone who came close to his property then shot a cop trying to serve a warrant! He was silenced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
That is really weak to have killed this man. There really is no reason unless your some highly crazed religious militia nut. That was what was supposed to have happened. A militia moved in and got him. They left him for dead in front of his house. I completely dislike these militias and their religion.

I watched some of his videos and listening to some of his radio shows and they were really cool. But yeah were does the info come from? But that goes for all the rest too. Were do they get it? Including you on here. And you that run and own this site.

This man was most likely part of an inside job to release so much information into the public. Yes. Face it. The truth is in front of you. Although, he states that he obtained information through the Freedom of Information act and obtained several documents.

So much for todays world.

We got big brained, frail little men that have taken our freedom from us.

And the sad thing is they already know how we think about it before we even get a chance to say anything.

I mean screw all the ESP. I know what your thinking crap.

Seriously.

Try taping your mouth shut with duct tape.

See how long you'll last.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Actually allot of the stuff is obtained from the freedom of information act, there is a great site called the black vault

www.theblackvault.com...

John Greenewald, Jr. owns the site and he has gotten almost all the information about ufos and secret military operations from the freedom of information act, and from other sources...its and awsome site!

top topics

join