It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Slips - are people really going back in time?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I just wanted to report my timeslip experience which was experienced by myself, my father and my sister.
It happened in the late 1990s (can't remember eactly when - sorry) in King's Lynn, Norfolk, England. My dad, sister and I were in the town to send my sister off on the train and we were passing time standing by a fence near the railway station from which one could see a road and roundabout ahead. It was about noon and we had no agenda at that time other than to pass the time before heading to the station and there was a lull in the conversation. We were all casually looking straight ahead when suddenly the atmosphere changed. The sound of the traffic around us stopped abrubtly - as if someone had literally turned the volume right down. The air seemed to change too; it became very still; spookily still and no sound could be heard. None of us spoke. Then there came the sound of horses hooves on the road and within a few seconds we saw a horse and cart, driven by a large, angry-looking man, dressed in what I estimate to be 18th century clothes. He was of very rough, dirty appearance and his cart was well-used. He drove the cart around in a circle, all the time staring around, sometimes directly at us, sometimes away but looking absolutely furious as though he was looking for someone he wanted to kill. His face was red with hatred and he was a big, rough-looking man - someone you would definitely not want to cross. Eventually, he turned the horse and cart around and drove it off down the same road from which he had appeared and we could hear the horses hooves disappearing into the distance. Immediately the sound had gone, the atmosphere changed back again and the sound of modern traffic and the din of a modern town returned again. We all three looked at each other; shaken and almost disbelieving but once we had asked the ineveitable "Did you see that?" and recieved the answer "yes" we were even more shaken. It was such a peculiar experience and one which I shall never forget. Was this a timeslip? We didn't notice any other changes; the buildings and road layout seemed the same but that part of King's Lynn had remained unchanged for many years (although I understand it is quite different now) so I don't know but it spooked us all for sure!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevenreanimator
What I originally thought of as DejaVu may actually have been a timeslip the more I read about it.

Let me rewind a tiny bit, one day I was at my girls mothers house helping her move things around -- next thing i see is me sitting at her AUNTS house (about 1 hr away) having dinner surrounded by her family, who were talking about, oddly, threesomes, cheating, and pasta... dont ask... then just as quick I was back in my gf's mothers house moving her kitchen table. I thought nothing of this, actually for a while was convinced I dreamt the entire situation (Moving and all).

However, about 5 months later I am sitting at her aunts house, having christmas dinner, which oddly consisted of various pastas, surrounded by her family at their dining table, her mom and her cousin talking about threesomes, and cheating, while her uncle talked about the pasta and how odd it was having pasta.

As i was sitting there i just looked around, reccognized where i was as if it was a previous memory... now like I said I chalked it up to DejaVu, in the aspect that my memory was being misfiled in my brain as a longterm memory instead of into my short term memory... but now I am a little torn as to if I might have slipped through time, had a premonition, or what happened.

WOW then i had quite a few timeslips

Thanx for posting this

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
OK so i am doing a 'people traveling back in time' project for school. this is the best site so far. anyone who has either traveled back in time, or has ALOT of experience or knows alot about this please email me at: [email protected] Just please tell me your name and that you want to help me with my project so i can get started. PS guys remember im only 13! Thanks for all your help in advance

Elizabeth

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Was pondering time slips earlier.
Basically, they're very mysterious because they seem to be less than completely physical, but more than mental experiences. For example, someone may be driving and turn onto a road they've never seen before and see odd things there that seem out of time and place, then drive away and never find it again. If it were physical, you'd think there would be more reports of cars vanishing off roads, and if it were just mental you'd think more of them would have accidents while their minds were elsewhere. Instead, it seems like it has both physical and mental components (or neither exactly?). I suppose one possibility would be that you are taken out of the local time/space reference to somewhere else, then put back so quickly that no one notices. Has anyone noted time passing while they were apparently somewhere else? For that matter, are cars using gas driving into parallel universes or something? Could the cars be disappearing off busy streets but people are programmed not to realize it (similar to some of Budd Hopkins' alien abduction stories)? Guess we need more data.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I have experienced a few time slips. Most were in the company of others. The most-memorable experience happened 3 years ago. My 3 best friends and I were heading back to my house to hang out. We walked up my driveway and we all remembered seeing my dad's Acura TL in the driveway, parked where it normally is. Nothing out of the ordinary. We go inside the garage and I knock on the door--nobody answers but we all hear my parents or the TV on inside of the house. I assume they're upstairs or in the bathroom and we just sit down and wait.

Forty minutes pass and I'm becoming increasingly annoyed that my parents are seemingly ignoring us. The sounds in the house had ceased entirely and I was actually becoming really worried. I tried calling the house numerous times and there was no answer and I was getting pretty scared. But then the incredible happens: the garage door opens and my dad's car pulls in. Inside are my mother and father, apparently returning from a trip to the grocery store.

They hadn't been home. My dad's car COULDN'T have been parked in the driveway when my friends and I arrived. The fact that we had heard them inside was impossible.

But all of my friends distinctly remember the car and even when I tried to explain it away, they all stuck to the fact that my dad's car had really been there. One said he'd almost reached out to touch it but then had a weird feeling like he should not. Don't know what that means.

Here's what I think happened: I think that, since there are numerous possible realities, and since time is merely a perception--that it was something akin to a residual haunting. Like an expression of what has been or what could be.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hi Mr Lizard, Seeing That The Bombed out Cathedral/Church is at the Top of Bold Street, that might have something to do with it as Bold Street was mentioned in The OP. Peace
Arjunanda a reply to: mr-lizard

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I don't know if my experience was a time slip but when I was about 9 -10 years old I had the weirdest thing happen.. As a kid I loved playing with action figurines and I was at my dad's old apartment when this happened. I was minding my own business playing with my action figurines when my cousin sitting behind me on the other end the couch from where I was sitting on the ground asked me if he could see one of the toys.. I like a typical kid said no.. After I said that it was like everything around me became weird and I couldn't hear anything around me. The next next I know I look to my right and I see what looks like my cousin sliding across the couch faster than my eyes could see him. When it all stopped and i could hear normally again I turned to look behind me to find that he had the toy in his hands.. I asked him how he got it so fast. He said I was crazy and that I gave it to him.. but I don't ever remember giving him the toy at all. Is there anyone out there that can help me to understand what i experienced as a child?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have some faith in a time slip, only because I may of had one myself a few years ago which I recorded on my sony 8mm. I've also had a few dreams in which I was another time. Like Victorian era.
I live in middle TN, and I was behind my house. It was very cloudy and I had the camera because I like to record nature.
Soon I heard the roaring of jets. Fighter jets have flown here before but never low, and always high. Keep in mind it was very cloudy, like it was going to storm at any time.

In the clouds I saw dark blue jets with no markings flying very low, not much higher than the trees. I could hear the roaring of the engine and the cloud swirling as the jets went through. They kept going around and then they were gone. I never saw them again. I've lived here all my life and I've never seen jets like that before or after. The tape door on my camera won't eject, but if I can get it working again I will go through my tapes to find that footage and share it.
edit on 12-4-2015 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think time slips are people being updated the wrong way. I think the universe updates itself many times, prob at the Planck scale of time. The fact that the people from the other time aren't surprised at the time slipper's clothes and so on, tells me this is a wrong mental update, let's call it a "hallucination" which it is at a certain level. All this in tandem with the holographic universe and all being information. Think about the holo deck on the Enterprise.

I once read the story about a woman, her husban and son who had a tim slip together. She got out earlier and saw the other two staring into space. If there would really be a displacement than she wouldn't have seen the husband and son as they would have been still "there".

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think time slips are people being updated the wrong way. I think the universe updates itself many times, prob at the Planck scale of time. The fact that the people from the other time aren't surprised at the time slipper's clothes and so on, tells me this is a wrong mental update, let's call it a "hallucination" which it is at a certain level. All this in tandem with the holographic universe and all being information. Think about the holo deck on the Enterprise.

I once read the story about a woman, her husban and son who had a tim slip together. She got out earlier and saw the other two staring into space. If there would really be a displacement than she wouldn't have seen the husband and son as they would have been still "there".

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
In my list of threads I have replied to this one is mentioned twice....Made a screen shot but can't post it here. Here it is, I managed.

edit on 13-4-2015 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
One of my friends father (who was in the military) once stayed at a hotel in France. When he returned to the hotel a few days later he found that it didn't exist.
edit on 16/4/2015 by cvsouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
THE LYNDHURST NUTLEY BRIDGE TIME SLIP EVENT:
This is a true Time Slip story that happened to my son 17 and my daughter 19, at the time in 2014 in New Jersey. At this time they were living with their mother (my ex) in Fairfield, NJ, and one day they were driving to visit me at my apartment in Lyndhurst, NJ about 14 miles away, they took Rt.46 to Rt.3 to the Rt.21exit, my son was driving his 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee, they made this simple trip many times, they were not drinking nor on any type of drugs, my daughter never even believed in anything paranormal at all. As they got off the Rt.21 exit around 5:30 PM (rush hour) and waited to make a left to cross the Nutley/Lyndhurst bridge, the light turned green, they turned and we're now headed west towards the bridge, as soon as the trucks front tires hit the metal grating of the bridge, instantaneously the immediately realized they were now headed the complete opposite direction (East) approximately 3 blocks away from the bridge in Nutley, the both looked at each other and stopped the truck in the middle of the two lane traffic, cars behind began to beep in anger, they were totally befuddled and quickly pulled into the first lot they saw, which was a parking lot for a small Park for baseball and soccer. They both said to each other, what the hell just happened? They knew that in a nano second they somehow were transported a few blocks away in the opposite direction, they then got out and we're just utterly confused, when out if no where a man with a strong British accent asked if everything was OK, I assume since he noticed their total and sheer panic stricken faces! They just said everything is fine because they knew he wouldn't believe them. The later thought that was also odd, but at any rate, they said let's go to dad's and tell him because he will definitely believe us since he's into the paranormal. They came straight over and burst into my apartment muttering you're not gonna believe what just happened to us, so fast I had to say slow down and tell me first, they kept repeating it's so unbelievable but they told me the whole story. I absolutely believed them, the looks on their faces was one I have never ever seen before, they we're completely horrified and really scared! I felt terrible and yet a tad jealous because this never happened to me before. My daughter distinctly said to me I cannot believe this happened to me because I never believed in this kinda stuff until now! So I immediately took them back to the spot and we all tried to recreate exactly what they did hoping I could experience this too, but after several attempts nothing unusual happened. When we got back to my apartment I Googled all sorts of paranormal things linked to that bridge but I could find nothing. So if anyone that is reading this happened to see a white Jeep Cherokee disappear that summer day in 2014, please contact me at: [email protected]. This is a completely true story, contact me if you have had a similar event occur to you, or if you have any questions about this brief time slip incident. Frank Fresh of Lyndhurst, New Jersey.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Would anyone consider DejaVu as a Time Slip phenomenon?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You might be interested in a thread I started last year entitled "Vanshing Houses and Time Slips." I was introducing some research I had done into a local mystery, which developed in some unexpected directions. Quite a few people came forward with some very strange experiences of their own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join