It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS to Start Sending Out Stimulus Payments May 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
If you are expecting a rebate/stimulus check from the IRS this year, this article tells you when to expect your check. It depends on the last 2 digits of your Social Security number. Payments will be made beginning on May 2.

/5ntkqp

Don't spend it all at one place!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Don't spend it all at one place!

In other words . . . don't fill up my car at the gas station? Or don't buy 6 cartons of cigarettes in NY or NJ?

[edit on 10/4/2008 by xxpigxx]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hey if they want to give me some of my money back, I'll take it.

I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Mine is going toward a new AR-15. Chrome lined everything for a lifetime of shooting fun. I think I'm going to cry I'm so happy.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Already know where mine is going if I can get to it before my husband does. He'll want to spend it on something silly like his car or motorcycle. (Neither of which need any work done by the way. The car is brand new and the motorcycle is already getting an oil change and new spark plugs.) If I get to it first I'm going to buy our oldest some new clothes for school. Preferably something without Spiderman all over it.

I love that we're getting some of our money back, but I'm wondering when we are going to end up paying it back. I could be wrong but I thought I had heard something about having to count it as earned income on next years taxes.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Update...the IRS said the checks will begin going out earlier than originally planned. They will begin sending them early next week.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The government needs money right now. And the only way they can get it is by taking it from us. They've run out of everyone else's money. The economic "stimulus" package is a finance for a war on Iran. Spend away.

top topics

join