It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman heart Recipient starts acting like Male Donor!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Woman heart Recipient starts acting like Male Donor!

www.dailymail.co.uk

I was given a young man's heart - and started craving beer and Kentucky Fried Chicken. My daughter said I even walked like a man
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I have been hearing stories like this for several years. This is a good example of such a story. I wonder what happens to recipients of sadistic or criminal donors. I hate to think of that as heart transplants seem to be almost routine.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-4-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I watched a documentary a year or so ago about this subject. Very interesting to see so many cases where recipients started developing traits of the donor.
One of the things they did mention on the programme was the existence of "brain-like" tissue around the heart that perhaps could be the reason for these cases. Thinking with your heart, not your head?

So much that modern science still doesn't know

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I heard about someone who got a hair transplant for a criminal who had been executed, it took over his mind, giving them double personalities. One time his mood switched to the good, normal side, only to find him killing his son! He tore the hair off and the hair was ALIVE! It tried to escape through the Window! Luckily the police shot it.

Any truth to this story?

Hehe, just kidding. Very interesting.

[edit on 10/4/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Yes, that story is kind of true, thats exactly what happened in an episode of The Simpsons. Homer gets a hair transplant and the 'evil hair' takes over.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I watched something similar and they were saying that the heart contains a small amount of brain cells. They were saying that there was a connection from the brain to these cells, and one theory was that the heart needs to remember when to beat when you are asleep, apart from all that, if the only side affects from a heart transplant was a craving for beer and kfc, well that can't be a bad thing

interesting stuff though, opens up a pandoras box.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I saw a documentary on this also, about a year ago & all the heart recipients on the show did in fact take on traits of the donor, cravings for food, interest in subjects that before they had the transplant they had no interest or education in.Some that had no interest in sports began playing sports.Seems that there should be more research on this than there is.Think chakras.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There's a story posted here on ATS about a guy who received a heart from another man that killed himself. After 12 years guy that received the heart also took his life...

Maybe it's related to the subject after all, though some people believe the wife is involved (because the guy married the widow of the donor).

Who knows...

Here's the link www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Yes there is a connection between the pituitary gland and the heart. I posted about it in the other thread provided by Sator. Good to see science is starting to understand this a bit.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The question is - did these organ recipients know about the traits of the donor before they started exhibiting these traits? If so, then it could be entirely psychosomatic.

I'm not saying it's not possible - anywhere there are knots of nerves, consciousness could possibly exist. Move that from one person to another without destroying the pathways, and I guess a person's traits could also move with it. I'd just like to see something more than sensationalist newspaper articles on the subject before becoming a believer

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
My understanding was that cells have memory or identity receptors.

When those are removed, then the cell can be assimilated into other environments, because it doesn't have its own memory or identity receptors, and the governing body (pun intended) will make it its own.

Is it possible the organs that were transplanted still have their identity receptors, hence affecting the governing body?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
i find this all fascinating, thanks for starting this thread! do you remember what the documentary was called?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Just the other day on CNN there was a story about a sucide victim who was a donor. The person who got his heart committed suicide as well.

Freaky.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

about ten years ago there was another, where a heart recipient took on the musical and food likes of the donor, he was a white upper middle class gentleman, the donor was a young black male who died in an auto accident. Everytime a certain blues song came on he would break out crying, this man never listened to that genre of music, his wife was a little disturbed by his behavior, and the man pursued finding the family.
somehow this was done, as I always assumed there was anonymity, but he went to see the family of the donor, and yes sure enough that particular song, was the sons favorite. Quite frankly it rather touched me too. This was one of the better stories. The families remained in close contact thereafter, it was like a homecoming for the donors family.

@ quintar, i kind of subscribe internally to that, that each little bit of us, contains the whole, and at the same time, memorywise all that went before, it seems the heart though, when we feel pain of loss, or deep affection, its right in our chest rather than inside the head.
so we say..have you no heart, you heartless so and so, oh you have a black heart! etc etc etc.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If you believe in ghosts, they are said to hang around familiar environments, and if the house or whatever goes away, so do they. How much more likely is it for them to remain around an actual body part of theirs, and attempt to occupy the body that it now inhabits? Could these phenomenon be quasi possessions?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I find all of this facinating!

However, it really makes me think of the author Dean Koontz...like this is a premis he would write a story on!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Seems to me that someone who ate a lot of fried chicken and drank a lot of beer might not be the best donor. And are we sure this wasn't the regular cravings that got the recipient in trouble in the first place?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread! I think that psychology cannot be ruled out on this one. As excited as I would be that some aspect of a 'soul' can survive in an organ, particularly the heart, having this kind of procedure is undoubtedly an incredibly profound experience that few can bear first-hand witness to. The profound nature of such a thing could easily explain the dramatic changes in a shifting personality.

By the mere thought of possessing the heart of a person with certain characteristics, one can adopt many of these behaviors and traits in a similar way that placebo's have been proven to be effective.

Granting for a moment that some aspect of the donors personality have percolated through the transplant procedure, I wonder whether this would have some effect on the potential 'afterlife' of the individual... Is he missing his desire for a cold beer or some KFC? Is he stuck in this reality until the recipient passes away? A lot of interesting questions.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Debunked if you ask me. lol. Interesting thread sys, but it is not always the heart that can cause a personality change, kidneys, livers and lungs all seem to be causing personality change aswell as hearts, does this mean all organs have celluar memory? or does it mean every cell in the body contains memory. STORY

There are always positives!

A eight-year-old girl who received the heart of a ten-year-old girl who had been murdered. After the transplant, the recipient had horrifying nightmares of a man murdering her donor. The dreams were so traumatic that psychiatric help was sought. The girl's images were so specific that the psychiatrist and the mother notified the police. According to the psychiatrist, ". . .using the description from the little girl, they found the murderer. He was easily convicted with the evidence the patient provided. The time, weapon, place, clothes he wore, what the little girl he killed had said to him . . . everything the little heart transplant recipient had reported was completely accurate."

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I think he already has. If not him, then I'm sure Stephen King has,!!!!

Zindo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join