It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Indiana Resisdents UFO sightings increasing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sequence

Hi sequence,

You should report what you have seen to Mufon.

I'm near Noblesville here and shall keep my eye northward towards you at least when it isn't freezing out!

When it gets warm enough, I would have no problem coming your way to see if we cant capture some of these things on video. U2 me if and when you want to try, we'll set it up.

You are close by Grissom AFB, you think there is any correlation there? I worked there as a subcontractor about 10 years ago and only saw bombers there (B52's) there were plenty of them too. Is Grissom still active? I know that your sightings are not near the AFB, but who knows what may be going on there.

For those that don't live here this may help you understand where sequence has had his sightings.

maps.google.com...,-86.103973&spn=0.515831,0.933838&z=10

[edit on 14-4-2008 by Guzzeppi]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It is now called Grissom Air Reserve Base and according to friends of mine in the reserves, the base is still active with reserve training and as a civilian/military airport.

Grissom Air Reserve Base

and

Wikipedia

Given the location of some northern Indiana sightings, it is quite possible that Grissom activity may an explanation for some. With so many of us in and around Indy, we should have an ATS meet up sometime.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
hsur,
Best place to meet...from this link sounds like Kokomo. Sequence mentioned a church that is in viewing area of this phenomenon. But like anything else hard to cordinate a time. When I lieved in that area it allows seemed like the siting peaked in Mar/April then became fewer - I can't speek for last 3 years though.

BP

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice that almost all the sightings on the maps in this thread were near major rivers? Or did I just mis-read the maps?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hey, all. I live in extreme northern Indiana. Theres crap flyin all over the place up here.

UFO's over the Rainbow(Very first ATS post....what a noob!)

Indiana UFO's

I live 20 min east of South Bend. It is 5 mins to the Michigan border.
Southern Lower Mich. has alot of sightings as well.

Just exactly what or whom is flying these things, or if they are intelligent entities unto themselves, is still under HOT debate.

The fact UO's are in our skies, waters... (or dimension?) I believe has been established. There is definately something out there....

[edit on 113030p://000411 by 1nL1ghtened]

[edit on 113030p://050411 by 1nL1ghtened]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am unable to u2u anyone. The forum said I don't have enough points yet for replying to members. Whatever that means. I have been watching for quite awhile and I know personnally it isn't planes, flares or anything normal. BlackProjects is correct about Mar, April being more active. last night I observed one coming from the east side of 31 parallel 26.ing west. As he approached my house, one appeared under him, I did not see him coming and he glided north, it look like he was parallel 31. The one over my house hovered for at least an hour before a friend and I went to observe the west side of my house. I am trying to pay more attention here because they are really active right now. I counted 4 at least. 2 were stationary, and 2 were drifting south to north. It looks like they are scanning Dixon road ( 200 west ) or 350 west. They were really low from my point of view. They look like deep amber balls with blue and green lights and ocassionally red. Through binoculars, they are pulsating and unsteady. One dropped about 4 inches visually then raised again, I believe they were about 1/2 to 3/4 mile away from me. They have been showing up about 9:00 p/m and stay for hours. There is a new business at 200 west and 26 that supplies lawn garden equipment I think. They might have parking and this is where the activity seem to be more pronounced. If you have hours to watch, you will get a show. They are planning to shut 26 west down soon for road repair,at 31 and 200 west. i think some local traffic can get through, not sure. This may help me to keep headlight glare down to take pictures or video when my brother brings me some equipment. Will keep updated

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
FWIW; Indiana is where the little boy in "Close Encounters of The Third Kind" is from. (Munce, IN)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sequence

Sequence, I know it can be confusing joining a new forum. This threw me too when I first joined, I didn't understand. I think it's 20 posts you have to make before you are allowed to U2U. But don't worry, the ability will automatically switch on once you've posted enough.

This link might help you understand the way it works:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope that helps.
Welcome to ATS!

-WFA

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ed Rose

Hi Ed and welcome to ATS! If memory serves me correctly, which isn't that often
, Cary Guffey (the CE3 boy) was from Alabama, and they did shoot some of the movie in Alabama (the set behind Devil's Tower). The setting for part of the movie was Muncie, IN, but no filming was done there.

However, you have to love the Indiana connection.

Edit to add a welcome for Ed.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
ok, I have been lurking on this site for years and finally had to join and reply on this post. I live in Indiana around the Laffayette area. Last Friday morning I got up at 5:00 in the morning to get my husbands clothes out of the dryer and up to the bathroom for him while he was taking a shower.
The first thing I do when I get up in the morning is smoke a ciggarette. Since we do not smoke in the house (4 kids) I stepped out back to do this.
I just happened to be looking up in the sky and noticed two very very bright stars. I sat there and watched them for awhile and then one started moving up and down. Which I thought was strange, then the bright white light turned into 3 (one in the middle was on steady then the two on either side were blinking) and took off. I looked back to see what the other white light was doing and it was totally gone.
I do not know anything about aircraft, so for all I know it could have been a plane or something but, it did strike me as odd, like I said earlier I thought the lights were actually stars to begin with.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Stretchedthin,
Welcome to thread/ATS,

We need pictures! If they hover as described by Sequence for long periods it would be great to get a telescope on it- answer it once for all.
But need a camera/telescope setup for best evidence.

Anyone have these?

BP

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I tried to get a picture the last time we had a lunar eclipse. My husband and I remembered about the eclipse at the last moment and got outside just as it was about over. That night there was a strange looking plane/craft that flew over and I had my camera on me but could not get a good picture. In fact the pictures I tried to take of the eclipse turned out pretty crappy themselves. I'm not saying what we saw that night was definately something, but, I did want to get a picture to see if someone could tell me if it was just a plane or if they had even seen anything like that. It did have a triangle shape to the back and was flying pretty slow.(in my opinion.) My husband even agreed with me and he usually teases me about stuff like this.
So, any suggestions for getting a good clear picture in case I see anything "odd" again? I do have a telescope, but , it is not anything fancy.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Stretched,
Can you take picture thru telescope? That is really what we need. Whereas there appear to several different types of sitings, the ones we were discussing here are amber in color.
I am not photographer but am sure you would have to practice taking some photos of night sky first.
BP

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stretchedthin

Hi stretchedthin and welcome to ATS. I apologize, I did not notice your registration date earlier.

I know nothing about photography, but cell phones and digital cameras are no good for capturing anything at night. I could take a picture of the biggest and brightest harvest moon and it just turns into a little puny dot.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Thanks, I will try experimenting around with this. I know this sounds funny but I have not even got the telescope out. We got it from Marlboro miles years ago and it has just been sitting in our room collecting dust.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Maybe between you/sequence some good photos will come out.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I just noticed that in my first reply I left out that when the one bright white light changed to 3 lights, the 3 lights were red. There was not an amber colored light on what I was seeing. I am getting ready to get off of here(at work now) and probably will not be back on again tonight. So, if I don't post to a reply after this I'm not being rude, just very busy.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Mysterious Lights, Boom Befuddle Residents, Authorities

www.theindychannel.com...

April 17, 2008

KOKOMO, Ind. -- Reports of lights in the sky, crashes and vibrations on the ground befuddled residents and authorities in portions of Tipton and Howard counties late Wednesday night.

Just before 11 p.m., calls began pouring into 6News and police agencies reported bright lights streaking in the sky.

Callers were concerned the object might have been a plane crashing, a meteorite, or some unidentified object.

Many said the light display was followed by an explosion -- a boom that shook their homes. A slight metallic smell was reported in Kokomo shortly after the incident.

Indiana State Police and local sheriff's departments dispatched at least 50 emergency responders to the scene.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Thanks for getting this posted so quickly makeitso. What is interesting is that according to this Fox59 report (scroll down a tad to the "Mysterious Boom" video clip) is that there was a very similar incident Tuesday night in Logansport which is northeast of Kokomo. I'm trying to find that a local report of that, but no luck so far.

Grissom Reserve Base reports that they did not have any activity last night. Also interesting is the metallic odor in the area following the Kokomo incident.

One must also keep in mind that the Lyrid meteor shower is just a couple of days away from peak.

Lyrid meteors are typically as bright as the stars in the Big Dipper, which is to say of middling brightness. But some are more intense, even brighter than Venus. These "Lyrid fireballs" cast shadows for a split second and leave behind smokey debris trails that linger for minutes.

~source~

I'm certainly not saying that this is from the Lyrids, we just have to cover all possibilities. I for one think that something is going on up north, so please, if you live in northern Indy, keep your eyes to the sky.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Additional reports of the event. Names, approx. locations, etc.

UPDATED: Something went ‘boom’ in the night
www.ktonline.com...

The same situation occurred approximately the same time Tuesday night in Logansport and northern Cass County, according to the Logansport Pharos-Tribune.

Boom! What was that?
community.cnhi.com...

Officials search for 'explosion' or 'fireball' near Kokomo

Mysterious boom heard near Kokomo
www.wlfi.com...

Updated: Mysterious event near Tipton-Howard Co. line
www.wishtv.com...

Tipton County explosion remains unexplained
www.wthr.com...

[edit on 4/17/08 by makeitso]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>