It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Indiana Resisdents UFO sightings increasing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I've lived in Indiana all my life and ive never seen a ufo. of course, as soon as i say that im going to see a ufo or something tonight.

Another thing i've noticed though, is that most of the ufo sightings in Indiana are in central indiana, in indianapolis. That'd probably be where all the frauds and crazy people are...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Oh crap I live in Illinois, this either means exciting or very bad for me. I have already seen a UFO with my telescope like the ones that are seen on the NASA footage "tether incident". I just don't know if I can handle multiple sightings around here, the stuff freaks me out.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
There are a lot of respectable people from downtown Indy.
I grew up there, around 54th St. Then I lived in the suburbs for a while before I left the State.

A great place to go downtown to see the sky well, is to Butler University, or to the Indianapolis Museum of Art. Both places have nice parks, and if you have a telescope with you nobody will ask you to leave

I used to go to both places all the time, years ago. Butler is good too because it's fairly safe, there are campus police everywhere and the concert hall is usually pretty active late at night. At least it was when I lived there. Clowes Hall I think it's called (pronounced 'clues hall').

I saw some wierd things in the sky when I lived there, but nothing that I couldn't explain. I had some fun times though tracking down these green promotional searchlights once though as a teen. And Indiana is where I first saw satellites.

Anyway, the Circle area is pretty bright, but if you are way downtown you can also go over to the riverwalk. That area used to be fairly okay for sky watching.

And if you are anywhere near Fall Creek, the park is great too, but go with friends.

-WFA

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Wow...wasnt aware of such increased activity for i live right in the heart of indiana...I sky watch alot, but i guess i need to keep my eyes peeled more
...Thanks for the info ill be watching for such activites

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBeast

Same here. I've been here all of my life and have watched the sky since I could tilt my head up. I have seen alot of strange things, but nothing that could not be explained.

However, I have to agree with witness that Indy is an awesome city and many ideal places to park a scope or just gaze. And yes, the Butler campus is great, I like to visit Holcomb Observatory when I can.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I just wanted to say I have lived most of my life in northen IL/IN, and I have seen ALOT of strange things. I have seen a field of lights that "turn off" when entered into the field and turn back on when left, I have seen numerous spirits and have had one follow me around for the past 13 or 14 years( I considered him a friend a long time ago), I have seen things in the sky that I could never explain, I have seen a house that bleed( scared the heck out of me), and so on. So basically I am happy to see other people are waking up. IL/IN imo has been a hot spot for some time. Thanks for the post star and flaged.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hILB3rT

You should contact ghosthunters..Not to make this thread paranormal Indiana but I have heard of quite a few haunted areas in addition to UFO sitings. Maybe someone on ATS can win this new ghosthunter contest.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yep I live in North west Indiana(just north of Lafayette) .work 3rd shift and travel 30 miles to and then from work AT night Have super crappy video of lights on my cell phone

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I just saw this post today. I hope it's true. I live 30 miles north of Indy and I will keep my eyes to the sky here when I can.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yes, I live in Kokomo and I have been watching them for quite awhile. Last night I really had a show. I counted 5 at approximately 9:00 p/m and watched for 27 minutes until cloud cover.Where I live, I can actually watch 2 on average come into view traveling from the east of 31, and hover over 31 for a short period, then head west closer to my view at state route 26. From my house, I have excellent views, but I am unable to capture with video or camera because of height and angle. My camera phone will not capture because of distance. On the west side of my home, there is usually 2 to 3 hovering over high end homes and a small plot of woods. A few days ago, at 2:00a/m I had to take my dog out to potty and on the west side of my home where they usually hover over the woods about 600 ft away, one slowly approached my direction and I became afraid. I have seen ufo's when I was younger in Ohio and even submitted these experiences on this forum.This is different. I moved back to my home Feb. 2007 and started noticing in March, 2007. This is basically a nightly occurance when great visuals and they are becoming more pronounced. Anynight at about dusk and clear skies, you can see them at 31 and 26 west area. The one that really caught my attention last night was heading south toward 26 and west of 31 and through my binoculars I could see panels of light seperated to form around an oval shape. It had deep amber lights and the lights were not pulsating while approaching my direction,it was lower than normal and it was really windy last night and it was swaying right to left, like it was having trouble to stabilze itself while hovering. It finally started to drift toward the east parallel to 26 for about 1/4 mile then the lights started to pulsate with a beautiful blues and greens and red. It shot north on a dime at incredible speed. Then within 30 seconds, it reappeared in the original location but it didn't hover, it just drifted like it was looking for something.then headed north again but cloud cover ruined any more chances. I am trying to understand why here. There is nothing here for their interest. I love watching them, but I am a big sissy and don't want to meet up close.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I live in south central Indiana, and all I have to say is: Damnit! I never get to see anything!
The rest of you lucky Hoosiers should keep your eyes open for me.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sequence

sequence, nice post you should add it to Indiana Mufon if you haven't already. One question I have is when you saw them did they change direction? Seems when I saw them they were basically all heading one direction usually N.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sequence,
I think you have had the best encounter I have heard of on this phenomenon >>
1) 2:00a/m 600 ft away, one slowly approached my direction and I became afraid.
2) You documented them regularly at 31 and 26 west area.

3) My personal favorite you mentioned was >>I could see panels of light seperated to form around an oval shape. It had deep amber lights and the lights were not pulsating while approaching my direction,it was lower than normal and it was really windy last night and it was swaying right to left, like it was having trouble to stabilze itself while hovering. It finally started to drift toward the east parallel to 26 for about 1/4 mile then the lights started to pulsate with a beautiful blues and greens and red. It shot north on a dime at incredible speed. Then within 30 seconds, it reappeared in the original location but it didn't hover, it just drifted like it was looking for something.then headed north again but cloud cover ruined any more chances.
ON #3 above I have seen that reappearence in original location phenomenon and it is strange. On #1 pt you have about closest encounter I have heard of. On #2 that nails it down for others to go to watch this. I wonder if there is public parking where you can see in that area.

BP

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well, it is nice to know that Indiana is so well represented at ATS! And wisefoolishness, you are not alone. Just get out as much as you can this spring/summer.

An interesting note:

The Indiana MUFON chapter 2008 meeting was held yesterday (Saturday) in Muncie. The Indiana North/Central flap was discussed. Here is the itenerary:

We are having a 2008 Indiana MUFON state spring meeting which will take place Saturday April 12, 2008 at the Maring-Hunt Library in Muncie, Indiana. Start time is at approximately 12:30 PM. The Library address is 2005 South High Street. This location is south of downtown Muncie and one block south of Memorial Drive on the west side of South High Street.

Current Program: Speaker

Introduction/MUFON Jerry Sievers SD
North/Central Flap Roger Sugden ASD/CIF and
North/Central Flap/Nebraska Glen Means SSD
MUFON Case Mang. System Stewart Hill CI/CMS
NASA Shuttle UFO Videos Stewart Hill
DVD UFO Presentation Danielle Baker SSD
Questions/Answer Session Jerry Sievers

Indiana MUFON Spring State Meeting

Here is a link to the 2008 Indiana reports:

INDIANA MUFON UFO REPORTS

And additional reports still ongoing:

CURRENT INDIANA UFO REPORTS Under Investigation, Ongoing and Posted Elsewhere

I have emailed the MUFON Indiana staff requesting any information they have that may add to this discussion as well as inviting them to post in this thread.

I will post a reply if I hear back from them.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I live in Louisville now, so with light pollution I dont even see stars from my location.
Anyway, I have never heard of MUFON before this thread. Is there one in Louisville? I will of course google this myself too. I absolutely believe there are weird happenings in our skies.

When I lived at Southern Indiana, at my apartments, me and the kids would sky gaze, and on numerous times we saw the crafts I mentioned before. We would holler for the neighbors when they came, but NO ONE (not even JOE the resident blowhard) knew what the dickens they were. The lights on them and their repetitive flight patterns at night was intriguing to me.

I cant wait to be able to move back to the country again!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
BlackProjects, There is a church about a 1/4 mile off 31 and west on 26 on the left hand side of the road for parking. I am amazed that the people that live around my area have not seen these objects. Maybe they are seeing and like myself believe that no one really wants to face what may be actually occurring and trying to make logic for what we are seeing. I know what I am seeing, but I can not honestly say ET or some military covert operation. They are real, no matter what scenario you wish to believe. As far as the general ufo directions, normally I see 2 approaching near dusk from the north side of 26 heading west and they drift slowly to 31 and generally hover over 31, but my last 3 sightings they did not hover over 31, they approached drifting toward 100 west paralleling 26 and then right before 200 West, they drift slowly to the south side of 26 and hover. I am unable to judge distance in height. 26 is really busy and the headlights ruin my judgement for determining distance. I can only handle the cold for a short while then have to run in and watch from inside. While I am watching the 2 that usually comes in, there is 2 to 3 that are on the west side of my home and I have no idea which direction they are coming from. I am so excited waiting for the other 2 to come in, that I need to watch the west side one night and see how are they coming in. when it gets warmer to sit outside, I will. I have large windows on the east side of my home, and it sits higher on the road so I have great visuals from inside during the cold.. There usually are 2 to 3 that just sit and hover for hours in the same general location and 2 to 3 that mix it up. One of them looks like it may be drifting around 350 west off of 26 and making north to south scouting. They act like they are looking for something. I usually lose track of them, but they reappear occasionally. They seem to be more active really late at night. i am starting to lose sleep because I am trying to logically find an answer, even though I have seen things close and personal but I find it fascinating and scary at the same time. My brother has some old camera equipment with large lens I hope he drops off soon and I pray they have film for. If I am able to get pictures, I will post. I am learning on this site how to take good pictures. Sorry I am unable to give height calculations, i am terrible guessing. One more thing I wish to add, last sunday night, me and a friend watched 2 jets???????, both were parallel 26, one heading east, one heading west looking like they were going to crash head on and leaving thick trails behind them against the beautiful sunset. Through the binoculars, I can only guess what they were. I have to say maybe jets, super black in color but I could not distinquish wings. Right at the last moment when you would think they were going to crash, one shot north and the other one continued heading east and continued to climb until out of sight. You tell me what they were. I will continue to watch. Hopefully, we will find out what is really going on.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Forum, I am just trying to analize here so bear with me. I worked one time at a plant where I worked on a crew of 31. We would occasionally discuss various things and the ufo topic came up. Of 31 people, 27 had actually observed ufo's. None of us reported what we had seen. The obvious reason was fear of men in black, harassment from people and employers, and never volunteer anything. That really has me wondering how many people have seen something unexplained and is it really increasing or is it because we have internet to report annomiously without the old fears. Does anyone have any insight? Just thinking out loud.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I have actually thought about contacting ghost hunters, and have been looking at there site for some time. Not sure why I haven't. I guess i am a little scared of what might come from it. What path it would lead me down. Not sure I am ready to chase alice yet. I have had psychics tell my g/f stuff about my paranormal life that I have never told anyone and that kinda makes me wonder too. Stuff like I am aware of my past lives, my ability to astral travel (which I can't to willing....yet), and how I knew that we meet (g/f and I) on the atsral plane in a competly different life.

*note* first time I have said this stuff to anyone but my g/f.

sorry if i am changing the subject.........

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
sequence,
You can report anonymously if you like. I doubt any men in black will bother you. I have posted a couple sitings a couple different places - nothing.

Check your u2u..

BP

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
www.hbccufo.org...

some may not be familiar with this site..type Indiana and you will find several eye witness accounts of the lights in Kokomo/Lafayette area.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join