It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plum Island Research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center -a US Dept. of Agriculture facility near New York's Long Island- has been in the news recently, tied in with West Nile and Lyme Disease outbreaks. Has anyone read this book on the subject?
Lab 257 : The Disturbing Story of the Government's Secret Plum Island Germ Laboratory
by Michael C. Carroll

...or recommend any other books about the place and what goes on there?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Any relation to Montauk and Camp Hero? Would make sense if there was a connection.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have never heard of any connections but my finger has never really been on the pulse of conspiracy theory. What I have read about it is bad enough. Lax security, poor containment controls, etc.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I read a book by Nelson DeMille talking about Plum Isalnd. If I remember corectly, the book was called "PLUM ISLAND" can anyone give more info on this?!?!?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CSRules

Nelson DeMille did write a book entitled Plum Island. I have yet to read it. I just finished reading a book by Michael Christopher Carroll entitled Lab 257: The Disturbing Story of the Government Secret Germ Laboratory
I have to say that I find this book both intriguing and frightening. If what he is stating is true, I have a hard time believing that it isn't due to excellent sourcing, it really makes you wonder what else the Government is willing to let "slip by" unnoticed. There should be more of a reprimand to the USDA for the shady dealings and cover-ups that have been noted. I'm sorry that this isn't referring to the book that you had brought up, but if you haven't read this book, check it out. It's really well done.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I read the book. I spend a great deal of time on the east end of long island (plum island is located off the east end) and I've always been interested in the oddities of the east end. There's a local paper (Dan's) that does at least one or two ufo type stories each summer.

the book is horrifying for many reasons. they link lime and west nile to the facility, as you mention and there's talk of fed ex boxes left overnight on the side of the road and other such lapses that could result in god knows what kind of catastrophe.

new topics

top topics

join