It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The other day i nearly got jumped by a bunch of Pro-Chiniese Chiniese people at my school... they didn't like that i was able to speak my mind, freely, so they started chanting death to America... i said they should all be hung for treason... they said, F-you American... Nevermind that they are all also Americans (minus the illigals... which might be higher then i thought...)

So it has made me think of what this state has become, i have lived ALL over California, over my entire life, and you have to be Dumb/deaf/and blind to not notice the changes going on in the State of California... So here we go...

PS, if you are a Sensitive person, or have been programed by the State/goverment/media, this might not be the thread for you, to the others, the open-minded, the observers of our world, read, process, and tell me your experiences of this Great State of California... because, i gaurente that someone is going to have thier panties in a bunch after reading this....

I live in a strange spot in California. Political Correctness to hell, here it is...

I live in an area, that at the LEAST is about 35% Chiniese... what portion of that speaks english... idk... i would love to say most... but i have been routinily shocked at how many Chiniese that i speak to that don't know english... Some of my American-Chineise friends say that there is a HUGE illigal Chiniese population here in the San Fransisco area...

The mojority of california is populated by Mexicans, a good chunck of them, have no intentions of learning English, or becoming a citizen of this country. Large areas of Southern California are slowly but surely becoming 2nd world cities...Entire cities that have been converted into Greater Mexico, where more signs are in Spanish then English, the streets are in disrepair, whore line the streets, and there are Bars on Every Window, all Charecteristics of a 3rd world nation.

While SOuthern California has become a colony for illigal Mexicans, the Norther part has not adapted the charescteristics for a third world nation, and has a much lower % of MExicans, and illigal Mexicans... NorCal has its own Minority Group that dominates culture.

The Asians. The Asian-American population is VERY diffrent from the MExicans in the South. The towns of the north have not been turned into trash-filled cities over run with the lowest of the 3rd world, but rather have intergraded Asian ideas into the American society.

Some similarities have emerged though... and not all negative... for one, the Mexican food in southern California, Cannot be matched, as the Asain fod in the North Cannot be matched... so food is good, and isnt that all that REALLY matters...

In the south, there are well known racist groups... you known them well... MECHA, La Raza, amoung others... these groups are VERY Large... there are not any comprable groups, of the Size of La Raza... but there are still many Smaller radical Race groups...

The Chiniese student Assocation, and many others, groups that are made to distence them selfs from other Americans... The worst is the Asain Group... cold-stone-cold racists, they recruit ALL ASAIN student who are not white looking... ill clarify... IF you are Russian or Austlian, you are not 'Asain enough', Thats what they said, 'Not Asain Enough...'

The Religious Groups are also somehting to look at... in the south, there are many Spanish only Churches, as in the North, there are Many Chineise Only Churches, that ONLY preach in Chiniese...

There is another group, in both places that i have left out til this point... our Friendly Neighborhood Muslems... and thier Mosques, that are popping up on EVERY single city block...

Unlike the Asain, or Mexican populations, the Muslems do not bring a great food to distract people with, they only thing they bring is More Mosques, and putting our Women in Burqa's, The Fact is, there are more Mosques being built then any other religious building...

The Muslem-Student Groups are also VERY scary... hiding behind the label of a school group, they can activly enguage in Anti-American Activities, praise people who speak-out/ attack America, and get away with it...

There are other groups in California, the Indians are a facsinating people, by my guess, they best immigrants into this country, thier food is great, they pick of the Language and culture quickly, and i have NEVER, read that again, NEVER seen a bunch of Indians running around screaming that they hate America, and demanding rights in which they are not entitled too...

Then there is that last group of people... you know, the group everyone Ignores, the American Population... decendents from Europe, who paved this Nation, RED, WHITE and BLUE. The American population gets Crapped on when it comes to everything. EVERY OTHER ETHNICY in the schools, is able to make thier own (Race)ist GROUP. The Mexican, Asains, and Muslems, all can make 'ethnic' groups, without reciving any scorn... Go try to make a Western-European Group at a school... good luck...

So what has become of our great state, what have i been rambeling on about here...

California is a broken state, a state that has lost it identity, a land were you can be every opertunity you want, as long as you are not white... in that case, you go to the back of the line...

What a sad state of Affairs...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I feel compelled to reply. I am sorry to say that I will never go to California, as it is on my list of dangerous places like Iran, and Africa at large. Having never travelled to this state, some will say my opinion is moot. However, I do have cable and an internet connection so I have seen the things you are talking about even if not in person. You also forgot to mention how #ed Hollywood is and that whole crowd...trying to legislate their opinions to the rest of the country and world, you know because they're obviously so much smarter or they wouldn't be so rich and famous. And also how instead of focusing on the real problems, which there are PLENTY of, the cops waste their time ticketing car enthusiasts a la this thread.

No, California is no longer the State of John Steinbeck or Frank Norris or Jack London. I'll never get to see the state that inspired them. San Fran is not the rough and tumble city that rebuilt itself after the 1906 quake quicker than any city in history, and prompted its residents to be quick witted, slick, and industrious. It does not offer a golden future to anyone, even its own citizens as it once did to bring people from thousands of miles away. And I think this is very sad.

I had a dream of driving the Pacific Coast Highway, but I think I'd be too afraid to do it, especially with an out of state plate.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

California is a broken state, a state that has lost it identity, a land were you can be every opertunity you want, as long as you are not white... in that case, you go to the back of the line...

What a sad state of Affairs...

this is the way i have always thought of california. i dont know if i agree with the white statement. ive never been there, and hopefuly i'll never find myself there. i have always had ill fellings about this place. mostly do to the policys and wacky laws this "california" seems to fell it is there duty to impose on the rest of the country. to me it seems that the state as a whole goes above and beyond to distance themselves from the rest of america.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
So your basic gripe is that they don't kowtow to your white english-speaking self and what you think they should be doing with themselves, according to your Great Big Plan for Everything?

Oh well. Must suck to have expectations set for people you don't know, that way, huh?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

you know im all for if you live here you should speak english.

but you bring up one heck of a good point. star for you.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
California has that minority/women owned business law that I think is so wrong.
Minority/Women owned businesses can bid higher than white male owned businesses on state jobs.
I qualify to sign up for that, but I believe its very wrong to give people special privileges based on race or gender.

The white male doesnt threaten me.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The last line about how white are not offered anything in California anymore is a refrence to the college scholarships, which are INSANE if you ever looked at them, they have every minority group represented, with HUNDREDS of scholar ships, but i can't get a single dollar because i am white, and my parents make a decent living... so i had to overlook HUNDREDS of scholarships, such as, the Mexican Single Mother Fund.

California is now one F-ed up place, with variing degree's of peverision...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The problem is that those chinese punks, wernt American, they may have been U.S. citizens but American they are not. This is another problem, a lot of people living here are not American Their U.S. citizens who have no respect for this country, Dont confuse the words american and us citizen, Im a us citizen and im american, but there are people here who are citizens but arnt americans and they dont call themselves american.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
The problem is that those chinese punks, wernt American, they may have been U.S. citizens but American they are not. This is another problem, a lot of people living here are not American Their U.S. citizens who have no respect for this country, Dont confuse the words american and us citizen, Im a us citizen and im american, but there are people here who are citizens but arnt americans and they dont call themselves american.

American is a broad definition.

Every person that is a citizen of ANY country in north/south/centreal America, is an American.

A New Yorker is an American
A Floridian is an American
A Califonian is an American
A Canadian is an American
A Mexican is an American
A Venezulano is an American

Not all countries in the Americas are part of The United States of America...

The Manifest Destiny, i belive, intended the US to have all the territory of America under her grasp, only, theses other contires never joined up as States.

Someone hit on the notion that people don't consider themselfs Americans first, but rather Americans second. Everyone is either, Asian-American or African-American, rather then, An American of African decent.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Funny,I', white I've lived in So Calif all my life,yes we have a diverse culture here,think about it,who would want to live in the south were the Klan is prevalent,or in the east where the weather sucks,I'm hoping more people stay away from Calif,we are tired of transites comming here and living off our welfare system,I was born here and in all probability will die here

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Wow, no love for California in this thread.

I was born and raised in the Bay Area and I must say, I love it here. Where else in the WORLD and when else in the HISTORY of civilization could you find such a diverse mix of people living together? The exchange of culture is tremendous and, in my opinion, is a very important element to what should define America.

I find myself to be very lucky to have been exposed to all of these different cultures, as this exposure has had a profound effect on the way I see the world. I find it sad that the superficial differences between cultures has blinded many to the fundamental similarities that we all share.

The USA was founded by illegal immigrants fleeing religious persecution, in hopes to find a place where they can provide a better life for themselves and their loved ones. The immigrants of today, both legal and illegal, are in virtually the same positions.

If the Native Americans said "Look, no more white people...you can bring 2 new ships a month, but that's it...we'll build fences along the beach if you don't comply", would that have stopped the European migration? NO! Europeans would still have come into this land, just the same as many illegal immigrants of today do. Sure, I believe that you should comply to the laws of the land and I do agree that many illegals should be deported, but to act like you cannot understand why they do what they do is ignorant at best.

Also, please remember that the vast majority of "foreigners" in this country are here completely legally. Do not let a tiny minority cloud your view on an entire set of people.

Also, in regards to immigrants learning English. Yes, I agree that you should speak the language of the land you live in. But please, have some compassion. English is not an easy language to learn. And remember, there are a lot of people learning the language, but are afraid to speak it out of fear of ridicule. How many times do you see someone on TV making fun of someone with an Asian accent? How many of YOU have cracked a "flied-lice" joke?

In response to those that complain that some label themselves as Asian-American or African-American, please take some time to realize that these labels were given by American institutions. Like I said earlier, I was born and raised in California, but I cannot even begin to recall how many times I've been asked by various authority figures "Where are you from?" "What are you?" As a child, I would respond, "I'm from San Jose and I'm American", only to see a short laugh and a roll of the eyes from whoever asked the question. As a child, I was fully aware of my racial make-up, but it wasn't until I was in school that I placed the racial make-up before my natural status of being American.

I apologize if I have offended anyone, as that was not the intent. I just hope that we can recognize a good thing when it is put before us. Don't focus on the minority of ALL people who are jerks, as I assure you, the jerk-to-decent-folk ratio is the same for ALL races.

The diverse population of California is a very beautiful thing. Mosques, Temples, Churches all on the same street. Taquerias, Pho shops, Burger joints all within walking distance. Absolutely beautiful young ladies (and men) from all corners of the world...I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think the Op has hit a nerve.

We don't even KNOW what it means to be American anymore. We are so regionalized, factionalized and divided we can't even agree on Coke or Pepsi much less any significant issue.

The problem will only get worse in this world of iPods. Tivos and targeted marketing. We don't have a common experience for people of all backgrounds to relate to, no watercooler moments besides intermittent sporting events. Hell, even the American dream of home ownership is up in smoke.

We don't speak the same language, worship the same God, like the same teams, listen to the same radio, watch the same t.v. shows. Nothing to keep people together, even superficially.

Besides all of that, 50 years of intense marketing has made as all greedy and shallow. All we do is compare ourselves to each other and count up the haves vs. the have-nots in a country of diminshing resources and jobs.

Look out Canada, here I come. Oh wait, I guess it will be the NAU.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
this is absolutley ridiculous. I have traveled to just about every state and I have lived the longest in California. Mostly Nor Cal, but I lived in SD for a while and now Im back up here in Sacramento. This is absolutely ridiculous, California is the #. If your lives suck, or the opportunities that come to you seem #ed up, then you need to make an effort to change yourself and your mindset.
Focusing on other people and what they think is counterproductive to your success and totally NOT your business. So what if people talk bad about america...let them enjoy their right to free speech...you also have yours too.
I grew up in SF Bay, and witnessed first hand the massive amount of asians. We even called this one city Millbrae, millbrasia...
but so what...let them live there and do as they please, as long as they aren't infringing upon your rights as a citizen.
So this recession/depression/lack of jobs/et c should be a message that working for a living is not a good idea anymore. We have long left the age of industry and are now in the age of information. Apparently the Asians seem to realize this FACT. Why don't we as a collective society realize it?
If you are so unhappy with the asian attitude, do what they are doing....TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ANOTHER LARGE COUNTRIES RESOURCES.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Interesting point you have brought up my OP. but I myself have to make a reply to you. Is this based on your treatment by the other ethnic groups? I for one actually felt like I was reading the script from American History X. now I understand and see your point of view. I myself was born in Colombia South America and immigrated here legally when I was 4 years old. I learned the language and I fully agree with the general public when said that if you do come to this great U S of A learn English. But that does not mean to treat others differently because they are not speaking it, representing it in your presence. Ill give you an example if what happened to me about 3 weeks ago.

Like I stated I am of Spanish decent I look like a typical Spanish person I’m tan black hair and I’m tall. I learned English as a second language when I first arrived and I speak it flawlessly I have no Spanish accent when I speak and I actually pronounce aunt with a u sound. I live in eastern Tennessee about 30 min from Knoxville. I was shopping at my local Target with my wife (she is actually from Irish decent red hair, fair skin, temper and all) we were in the check out line and I was conversing with her I started speaking Spanish and she replied, she actually learned Spanish in SoCal. When I replied to her in Spanish a gentleman (I’ll use this term loosely) came up to us from his check out line and proceeded to give me the riot act.

“Your in America speak American dammit, that’s what’s wrong with this country your foreign bastards move in and then don’t learn #…and so on.

My wife became upset and was about to intervene I held her back and let this person finish his rant.

When he finished I actually educated him by telling him that
1. It is not called American but English and he should have learned that in his first years of elementary school and
2. That if he so desires I could actually insult him back in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Japanese seeing as I have studied these languages fluently. But I wont degrade myself to his level.

To this the gentleman became irate that I now know English and that he looks the fool. I see this hatred towards other cultures almost on a daily basis and I cant understand why it happens.

Now I do agree that those Chinese kids had no right to call you what they did and should be dully punished for that. I have served my country (the good USA) in the air force, and have bleed for her many times. This country holds a dear place in my heart. But please just because some ethnic group in your state hates you, don’t succumb to the same hatred. I do agree with your point about scholarships and all the other benefits that some families get and I agree it should be fair across the board. I myself can tell you I have never and will never use any of this so called government aid bc I am of foreign decent I have always paid my way through any education I gained, via Air Force grants bc I enlisted or out of my own pocket.

I guess what I’m trying to say is don’t succumb to the hate that easily falls you. Rise above the obstacle and become a better person bc of it. If you need help finding grants and the like for your college U2U me and ill lend you all the assistance I can.

~Ghost~

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
The last line about how white are not offered anything in California anymore is a refrence to the college scholarships, which are INSANE if you ever looked at them, they have every minority group represented, with HUNDREDS of scholar ships, but i can't get a single dollar because i am white, and my parents make a decent living... so i had to overlook HUNDREDS of scholarships, such as, the Mexican Single Mother Fund.
California is now one F-ed up place, with variing degree's of peverision...

Speak for yourself man, Cali rocks. And just FYI, it's just as hard for a brown skinned guy to get a scholarship if you're in that ever eroding middle class, let alone afford insurance, and gas too. So you're not alone and I can cry "whitey is keeping me down!" just as easy as you can call "oppression" now. Especially considering the factual track record of European influence on any given area. We(native Amerian/mexican/south American) where all having fun running around in loin clothes until the white man showed us we needed to be ashamed. So yeah I can understand your frustration, but we don't need to point the finger at our neighbors right now when you can trace who the "culprits" of our collective frustration originates from.

Keep in mind the legislation that was put in place as aid to minorities was in direct response to very real prejudice and racism, don't forget that. Maybe we need to "recalibrate" things but yelling and condemning isn't going to get anything done.

new topics

top topics

join