It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil considers possible Amazon invasion scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Brazil considers possible Amazon invasion scenario

www.alertnet.org

BRASILIA, April 9 (Reuters) - Brazil is considering a large-scale foreign invasion of the Amazon jungle as one of the possible security threats for which it wants to prepare its armed forces, two cabinet ministers said on Wednesday.

They were presenting an interim report on a white paper the largest country in Latin America began preparing on its defense priorities last September.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Large scale foreign invasion by a very superior power? Hmm, I wonder who that might be. (Cue Imperial March theme from Star Wars) Maybe the evil Imperio NorteAmericano?

Seriously, why would we invade Brazil? Why? It would ruin Carnaval. We can't be ruining Carnaval. Besides were supposed to form OBEC, Organization of Biofuel Extorting, ahem I mean Exporting Countries.

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I suspect to protect the unique biodiversity in the Amazon.

An eco-fascist state would invade to protect the rainforsest if Brazil wasnt doing a good enough job of it.

People may smirk at the thought of an eco-fascist state... but then those same people wouldnt have believed the rise in support for tackling global warming (to the extent that Bush is talking about energy diversification).

new topics

join