It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronaut Researcher here...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hey,
I'm really into the concepts put forth by various authors that describes how our history is peppered with encounters from godlike aliens which translates into our world religions.

Though there is scant evidence of such visitation, the same can be said of the evidence of authenticity in the claims in the Bible, Koran, etc.

I expect to be frequenting the Above Top Secret forums for Seti@home, UFOs, Religion Conspiracies, Historical Conspiracies, Ancient Cultures and similar forums.

Also, I maintain a blog discussing the Ancient Astronaut Theory and presenting my similarly themed short stories Forge of Creation at my site at www.aliengods.jbsheets.com.... Here is an exerpt:

I do not dispute the notion that a truly omni-powerful being that could be called “God” in the classic sense can exist. Rather, I doubt that such a being could have any need at all, let alone to help us to reach “his” level. Nor would he have any need of our worship. the creation of the earth is no more or less significant than a given grain of sand on any beach, a supernova, or the big bang.

I also do not dispute the idea that our spirits are self-aware and thus indestructable. There is more evidence both scientific and incidental that our spirits do not die with our bodies, but rather follow the birth of the next in line as described by reincarnation. This follows the first law of thermodynamics stating that energy is not created nor destroyed but moves from one system to another. Our self awareness is the energy that moves from one mortal being to another…plausible but not proven.

It is religion that I dispute and consider worthless. It has been the means by which mankind has enslaved and corrupted everyone and everything of value. It gives power to a select few at the expense of growth for the whole of mankind.

Here's to some interesting discussions...

-Xanthur

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Welcome and thanks for helping out.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
"It is religion that I dispute and consider worthless. It has been the means by which mankind has enslaved and corrupted everyone and everything of value. It gives power to a select few at the expense of growth for the whole of mankind. "

I would have to agree with you on this aspect and would like to say that no matter what anyone tries to do these days.... for instance, you uncovered some real truth about something it may help some walk away from religion while it may strengthen others to believe more in their religion with this classic response... it's God’s test for me or it's Satan way of telling me lies.

"Religion: a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that controls human destiny."

I find it hard to not to question anything or anyone with supernatural powers.

Religion has always been taking away from an individual’s willingness to think. They are following blindly. Well at least most of them.

Religion is not the answer. And there is no place for Faith in the pursuit of the Truth.

Religion = Zombie Nation.

Hey welcome to ATS... I hope you'll be able to add some good info to discussions here at ATS in your field. I'll read up on your info and get back with some questions too.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by Creo Coactum]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thanx for the link Xanthur
Im very interested in such topics as well, I do believe we've been lied to inorder for control. As Im geting older things are becoming more clearer and I will add ur site 2 my research index for some enlightenment
peace

top topics

join