It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(LIVE UPDATED)-Olympic torch relay rerouted amid massive demonstration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

(LIVE UPDATED)-Olympic torch relay rerouted amid massive demonstration

www.mercurynews.com

3:15 p.m.: The Associated Press reports officials say the planned closing ceremony for the Olympic torch at the San Francisco Bay waterfront is canceled and another one will take place at an undisclosed location.

3:14 p.m.: The torch is heading up Doyle Drive heading toward the Golden Gate Bridge.

3:00 p.m.: The torch run may end at the Marina Greens and then be taken to Justin Herman Plaza by boat or van.

Meanwhile, the crowd is growing at Justin Herman.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wow. What is even the point anymore? It seems the route is mutating from minute to minute as they frantically attempt to prevent the protesters from gathering in a large enough crowd to actually mean anything.

Best keep an eye on this, could get interesting.

www.mercurynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Out of sight, out of mind. Have keep the "image" pristine... or as much so as possible. It's the Olympics, afterall. Wouldn't want the World questioning the ethical treatment of folks in a host country, now would we?

Two sides to every fence, mind you, but this one seems to be leaning a bit lately... purposefully.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
China is learning never to adopt a PR campaign that was invented by the Nazi's

(the irony is the nations the Nazi's took the torch to was the same ones they invaded!)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

should i be worried the chineese are going to invade the UK?

seriously though been watching these protests

whats your views on Protesters that move away from peacefull protests to basicaly attacking the people with the tourch trying to put it out or something?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I seriously doubt the Red Army is going to be marching up our streets.

You raise a good point, bodrul, do I support direct action? There are many issues in which I would be sympathetic to action, animal rights as an example, but the spiritual leader of Tibet has called for non-violent protests so it is impossible for me to justify these actions. I support a Free Tibet, so it would be wrong (and immoral) to go against the words of the Dala Lama

[edit on 9-4-2008 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
And here you can see, how the San Francisco desaster is reported in china. Somehow, the pictures i have seen, looked a little bit different.

Also, did anyone else heard, that the FBI and Secret Service were following the orders of the Chinese Government ? Thought i overheard a quote like this on NBC.

new topics

top topics

join