It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why ALL The Flight Cancellations?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sometimes planes are grounded after crash investigation/investigation etc finds that planes warrant checking before flying on a certain part which may have or could fail due to bad design or maintenance procedures.

query.nytimes.com...

Like that case - an Alaskan airways plane hit the deck after loosing elevator control due to a large jackscrew assembly that moves it [elevators which control pitch of plane] up and down threading itself due to extended maintenance intervals and not getting lubed etc.

Keep that in mind. Are they all similar planes?

edit: pg2 has a post explaining why... nose gear.. haha.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by GhostR1der]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Not really reading between the lines here just suggesting a possibilty.
The reasons for grounding the flights in this thread have gone anywhere from the official story in the MSM all the way to a few speculative things.

The purpose of the thread was to provoke THOUGHT about the subject. Sure there is a lot of problems in the airlines these days and there may not be any threat at all which is perfect for me.

Look, I do not want another 911 and I sure hope they arent retrofitting some of these planes with anything nefarious, which I really do not buy anyway. The possible scenario I thought could be up was an anonymous threat from a credible wiretap or source that we use. If the threat was from a credible source but was vague about the airline affected, then all the airlines who have been grounded recently could have been the possibilities.

BUT! As a pretty rational thinker this may not be the case at all. Could be some botched or rushed inspections that they are coverin their butts about just like the MSM and a poster on pg. 2 tells us about.

Like I stated earlier, posting all our thoughts and curiousities about this subject is what the spirit of ATS is all about. Its not about being the one to provide THE answer to things so a subject can die. Or even to suggest things about the OP when I did clearly put out there that I was not trying to suggest that this whole though of mine was INDEED what was up. Read the OP in its enitirety, the reasons for my secong guessing the MSM are in there.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by hybridx]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ah, I'm sure it's all legit, but one thing I'll be thinking about from now until November is whether we will be hit again.
Spain was attacked before they had their elections, hope we don't see the same thing that might affect the results of ours.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Ok Ok now im getting worried... i have a flight to Turkey on the 22nd in 5 days time, better not be bloody terroist attack when im on the bloody plane, im flying with CF flights and there has not been any cancellations as yet... im not a big fan of planes anyway, let alone all this talk about fighter planes aarrhhh lol

thanks guys

jess

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
There is no concpiracy. I worked in the airline industry.

Fuel costs have pushed many airlines out of business and others to close routes to save for more profitable routes (like the ones they take from airlines that closed down).

THE FAA is seriously strict and over protective of the airline passengers, they coordinate new inspections to make a new job or new project which will result for more work
. it lets the government know they are working

[edit on 16-9-2008 by '___'eed]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join